Greg and I LOVED Bruges. It's only half an hour away from where we live and this was our first time. It will not be the last. Bruges was a lot of this . . .
Chocolate Shopping. Pat and Randy bought at 3 DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE STORES!!! One of them TWICE!!! And they bought a LOT at each place. The whole Bruges experience was , "Hurry up! We need to get to that store before it closes!"But it was pretty.

The chocolate museum was interesting and boring. Can that be? Just a lot of reading. That's what I HATE about museums. I can only read so much and my eyes start to hurt. But I learned that making chocolate is a CRAZY LONG PROCESS!!!! Whoever thought of doing it and thought for some reason it would make something nice- it doesn't make sense to me how that EVER happened. And I guess the first chocolate experience was Hot Chocolate. But it had SPICES in it! How interesting! And they were all about the frothy, foamy experience. And yes, all these hats are made of chocolate. There were all kinds of GIANT things made out of chocolate.
At the end of the museum there was a live demonstration of how to make filled chocolates. I REALLY wanted to watch, but some of us were ready to GO!
Another chocolate store. I think this is the one where they make CRAZY chocolates! With GINGER and LEMON GRASS and COLA and PASSION FRUIT and all kinds of things. That was another adventure for my tastebuds. I LOVED that part!

Ah, Pat with all her chocolate. Yes, these bags are FULL of chocolates.

The chocolate museum was interesting and boring. Can that be? Just a lot of reading. That's what I HATE about museums. I can only read so much and my eyes start to hurt. But I learned that making chocolate is a CRAZY LONG PROCESS!!!! Whoever thought of doing it and thought for some reason it would make something nice- it doesn't make sense to me how that EVER happened. And I guess the first chocolate experience was Hot Chocolate. But it had SPICES in it! How interesting! And they were all about the frothy, foamy experience. And yes, all these hats are made of chocolate. There were all kinds of GIANT things made out of chocolate.
At the end of the museum there was a live demonstration of how to make filled chocolates. I REALLY wanted to watch, but some of us were ready to GO!Another chocolate store. I think this is the one where they make CRAZY chocolates! With GINGER and LEMON GRASS and COLA and PASSION FRUIT and all kinds of things. That was another adventure for my tastebuds. I LOVED that part!

Ah, Pat with all her chocolate. Yes, these bags are FULL of chocolates.



5 comments:
Wow, Z and I went to Brugge a lot (we liked it, too ;) but we didn't experience it via chocolate! Now I hafta go back...darn!
I love the picture of Pat with all her chocolates, hahaha!! Way to stock up! I think I will always associate her w/chocolate, anyway, since she supplied us with Ghiradelli chips when we met up in Peru...mmmmm.....
Yum. Another place I need to go. I am all about the chocolate experience. I already knew the history of chocolate and how it was a spiced drink at first. It is really crazy how many steps there are in the process. I did a report on it in high school. You guys will definitely have to go back for that presentation you missed on filled chocolates. Yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!
that was so cool, I want to got there!
I forgot to mention how cool the wax museum was, the pictures were a riot! I can't believe they let you stand so close to them.
Love Brugges! We didn't spend enough time in the choco shops though!!
Post a Comment