Monday, April 27, 2009

10 More Weeks

Well, Oisin is screaming his lungs out because it's nap time, I am trying to ignore it. Darragh is home for a week because he has Strep Throat. Hopefully I don't catch it and sadly, more importantly, hopefully Oisin doesn't catch it because that would just drag out the badness. Oisin has puked today. I LOVE cleaning up chunky puke, don't you? Isn't it the best soaking it up with a big towel and feeling it on your hands? Isn't it the best when there's a giant smelly pile on the floor, a ton on Oisin's chest all the way to his toes, a splash on your sneakers and you're wondering how to clean it up with out having him play in it and run all over the house while your going to get the towel. You can't really pick him up, all pukified, and drag him around with you. Even more, I LOVE feeding him later in the day knowing I'm going to see it again, one way or another, and wondering WHICH END it will come out today. And I just think, "Why am I feeding you, child, when I know your just gonna puke it up for me in 2-4 hours." Seriously. I fed him over 2 hours earlier and the oatmeal was exactly the same. I thought it would be on the WAY of digestion. Who knows how these things work. I suppose scientists do. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Child care should be against the law. It's not fair. 10 more weeks and I am NEVER going to watch another person's child EVER again. Just saying this is like asking for it the way I've been eating my words these days. I have one sweet hour now (Oisin is quiet- yea!) and I'm wasting it venting on the blog! I'm hungry. I just wanna go home. Well, I suppose I'm going to go make some lunch now. I know your all sick of my complaints. Sorry, I would call someone and get it all out but you're all sleeping as it's 4 in the morning your time. I promise not to complain when it's my own kids (well not excessively anyway :)

8 comments:

Your best friend, Ashley said...

can i just say that i LOVE looking at all your pictures. it is so fun. i wish we were still there. now that we are graduating without jobs, maybe we should come out to visit.

you are great and i love reading your stories.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Um, yeah, sick kids suck. Especially when it involves puking or anything runny coming out the other end. Hope he feels better soon and you don't get it!
Yuck!

Mel D said...

Belly pics? Never!!
I will admit I have only cleaned up vomit after Danica once. Luckily it was on linoleum so it wasn't a big deal. Every other time there's been someone there to rescue me. I don't handle puke well at all. Imagine how terrible it would be to have a kid that gets carsick?! I hope I didn't just curse myself...
Only 10 weeks! Well, you'd think that would seem really short but time has been moving SO slowly for me so I feel your pain. =(

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Uhhh you never complain, and when you do, I could care less as in, i don't mind at all. you got my hopes up- when you said 10 weeks, I thought you mean, coming home. I'm so sorry you have to clean up puke, that is discusting. I love you

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm still laughing. Mulitply it by 6!!! I'll never forget those days. When one of you would get the flu, I would think oh no!!! here we go! The middle of the night was my favorite time-getting out the carpet cleaner and changing sheets when the only thing I wanted was sleep. And trust me you will complain when it is yours and we will all laugh and empathize at the same time!!! And like Amy said it is perfectly okay to complain!!! I can tell you how to do the collage and big pic thing, it is really easy, Lizzie told me how on the phone. Maybe I can walk you through it on skype using both your laptops and mine with the camera focused on it. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I can't IMAGINE cleaning up another kid's puke. That's just on a different playing field. If he's throwing up, don't feed him for a LONG time after. After he pukes, wait 1 hour and give him a sip of 7 up. Wait another hour. If he didn't puke it up, then give him a a Tablespoon more. Wait 30 minutes, if he hasn't puked again, feed him another Tablespoon. Then go to 15 minutes, then to 10 minutes. Don't feed him solids for a a few more hours and only feed him light bland stuff, like saltines, or a piece of white bread. Something easy on the stomach. I hope this helps a bit. I love you.

fiona said...

Chunky puke -- UGH! That stinks. Literally and figuratively. It's bad enough cleaning up your OWN child's puke, but someone else's? double ugh. I hope he's feeling better today and that both of you avoid catching strep. 10 weeks will fly! Especially if they're nice, fun, HEALTHY weeks. Then I'm sure you'll probably miss Oisin. And he's totally gonna miss you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are a wonderful nanny and I love you. May God bless you for another 10 weeks and then it will be over. But trust me you will hate it when your own do it and it.