Greg will be working fulltime all summer at NATO, including the day before we leave. How do we get ourselves into these situations! It was insane, last year, when I worked the day before we moved our stuff to Greg's parents. How's it gonna be working the day before we leave a CONTINENT! It will work out. There's just details we suddenly have to figure out NOW instead of 2 months or so from now. We're kind of wondering how to get rid of our stuff. That whole, "well, we need to sell our bed, but once it's sold, where are we suppose to sleep? how are we going to cook once we get rid of our kitchen stuff?" You know, all those wonders. We technically have people we could stay with, but situations like that get more complicated when you don't have a car. We have no idea where a dump is or if there is even a Goodwill type of store. Even if there was, people in Europe don't have trucks. What are we suppose to do if our stuff doesn't sell? We're hoping someone in church might just want it all and we could give it to them. We'll figure it out. The Lord will help us find the way. That's what I need to keep telling myself.
I was super excited to finish work and have at least 5 weeks off until we move back, but now I'll only have 5 days and it definitely won't be relaxing! I was so looking forward to being a bum! But now I just have to get a job again! Back to hair. For some reason, I just didn't think I'd do that again. I've been wondering so much where I'm going to work. I am NOT looking forward to having an employer again. I like working for myself. The whole plan has been in my head a LOT since I realized this is what's coming next. I keep wondering if I'll find a hip little salon, if my coworkers will be nice and if I'll even get clients! Thinking of ways to market myself, etc., etc. We'll see what happens. Thank goodness, I'm not worried about finding a job. There's ALWAYS openings for hairdressers. Now whether or not I make money . . . that's the question.
This awakening of time running out has really motivated us to get out and do more with our friends! There are still things we haven't done around here! It's literally become a now or never situation! It makes me laugh because most of our wants revolve around FOOD! Last night at the grocery store we were looking around thinking, "What have we not tried . . ?" We're going out with friends to have African food tomorrow and, when we first moved here, we decided we have to have Creme Brulee and it still hasn't happened!
Despite all the things we'll miss, we are SO EXCITED to see family again! It will be so nice to be able to just pick up the phone and CALL SOMEONE instead of looking at the clock and figuring out, "Oh, it's 5am, I guess I have to wait a few more hours." As much as I like hearing the different languages and seeing so many different things, I am excited to just be COMFORTABLE again! Because sometimes when you fail to communicate or need to ask a question in french you just feel uncomfortable. It will be nice to be able to buy a movie ticket without worry and be able to read a coupon for the grocery store and just know how things work because I grew up there! I'm excited to have space! I'm excited to be able to rinse off a plate and stick it in the dishwasher instead of having to wash it again if I want to eat! I'm excited for a freezer! And a car! So, even though we are sad, there are some definite perks to going home. Greg is REALLY excited to climb Mount Rainier with his cousins. This trip has been planned for a year and he's been hoping and hoping he could make it and we'll fly home 5 days before.
11 comments:
Home and friends is always sweeter when your away from them for a time.
Enjoy it, it will be over before you know it.
Uncle D
Very exciting!!
Oh my goodness you're busy and have so much coming up! Sounds crazy, but like you said, the Lord will provide a way and I know everything will work out!
Well, Jenni just told me she's getting married probably in August, so I'll be coming home then. It would be so fun to see you!
And oh my goodness you'll have no problem getting clients...you're the best hairdresser ever!!!
Wow. So much for you to think about and digest. I can't believe you're coming home so soon! I am excited. It will be so great to be able to just call you. Love you.
You are such a good wife! To do everything so fast so he can climb a mountain! But it is true what you said, it will all work out. But it is also true that you need to do as much as you can ahead of time. I know it may sound silly, but I would worry more about seeing and doing the things I wanted to see and do than worrying about packing and etc. That stuff all happens no matter what, the fun stuff can always be put off and then its time to go and you didn't do it. So enjoy the moments. Pres Monson gave a whole talk on making memories for today because tomorrow may never come. If you make fun memories today, you have fun things to look back on and remember. You won't care that you didn't get a minutes sleep the night before because you were packing. But you will regret when you look back if you didn't do the fun stuff (to a point of course). I am so happy and excited. We are going to Danielle's graduation the week of the 23rd. You could always jump in the car and go with us! Otherwise we will be around. I love you!!! oh yea, it will be so nice to just call when we want to. We can skype on Wed. I think. I have some things I marked. I will get the Uglies from the library.
I'm so excited! i'm glad you're coming home early, now you can be here for my graduation! I was sad that you weren't going to be there. My computer is about to die, so- I love you- and I'm so excited to see you!!!!!!!
you are coming home!? oh i miss it there so much!
when you get home, i guess we will just have to come visit you!
I am thrilled that you are coming home early. Your mom is right, do the memorie times. and forget about the stuff. That is all it is stuff and what will you get from it really? The Lord will bless you to know what to do and someone will need your stuff. I look forward to seeing you love you lots. grams
WOW! This went by SO FAST! It seems so crazy you will be home that soon! Everything will work out as it should as far as job and money and everything. You'll see. I love you so much!
I can't believe you'll be back in Oregon so soon! That must be so exciting and so sad at the same time. I agree with your mom... the packing will get done no matter what, but be sure to do all that you can to enjoy the last of your stay in EUROPE! Yes, Europe. Not many people get an opportunity like that so take advantage of all that you can. I have thoroughly enjoying touring Europe through your blog posts and I DREAM of the day when Sean and I can plan our own European vacation.
Also, I don't think you need to worry about getting clients once you move back. I love my hairdresser, but I've always wanted to see what you would do with my hair! [I read this post a while ago and I forget, will you be moving back to the Eugene area?]
I just commented on the two latest posts, and each time I meant to say how much I like the new pic on your header and then I'd forget! So, before I forget: I like it a lot :) Very cute, with the cool European street, etc. And you two look great, of course!
And wow! Only 2 months until you go home! Mixed feelings, for sure. I know Z is really excited for Greg to go on the climb. Enjoy this last little bit! ...though I don't know why I said that, as I'm sure you will.
Post a Comment