This is Denis, he's from the Congo. He's been planning these dinner "outings" for us and this week was AFRICA!!! We were really excited and really glad we had an African to show us the real stuff.
Do you SEE THIS!!!!!
Quote: "I'm gonna get the fish just so I can take a picture."--Greg
Denis found this place just last week and was really excited about it and it was only 5 euros a dish. We walk in this total dive and there's just 5 different options, along with some rice. I see the fish and am like, "Oh my gosh! How do you even eat that?" Everything else looked all gloppy, but it did smell really good in there. I got this lemon herb chicken and onions, rice and fried bananas. Greg paid a little extra for the fish and this bread/thing that he HATED. FHE this week was a picnic and everyone brought their own so we brought it with us. I'll admit, I didn't think I'd like it, I just wanted to try it. I LOOOOOOOVED IT!!! Absolutely LOVED it! Greg wasn't wild about his, but I loved every bite and it made me want to try more African food.
These are just some group shots afterwards, though a lot of people left already.
We love everyone here so much. They are so welcoming and so much fun. Most of them are converts and the only members amongst their friends and families. People in situations like that amaze me. We will miss them all a lot.
7 comments:
Wow- that fish looks like the most sicknast thing ever.
I'm so glad you guys made friends there. Even though it will be hard to leave them, it had to of made this experience SO much better. You look so cute and happy in the pics!
Love you!
what a cool experience you guys have had! Probably not to be repeated even if Greg gets the job he wants. The fish is uuuuuuggggglllly! Your dad made this sickening sound when he saw it! Thanks for blogging!!! love you!
You guys are having such a fabulous trip! So jealous of all your fun adventures! What a dream come true! You will definetly have to call when you get back in July so we can here all about it!
Ugly fish, and Lizzie thought it was a rodent. HA! Just shows us what do we know. I love the pics and you look so happy with your friends. I love you
Ummmm... Chicken, yes. Nasty, ugly fish, no. Actually, make that a HECK NO! That just looked gross! [[shudder, shudder]] I am SO not a seafood person - especially when it looks like that!
Sicknast? I've never heard that phrase Danielle. = ) But it's a good one. That fish is crazy looking! I thought it was a rodent of some sort. Wow.
Your friends look like a good bunch of people and you all look so happy. You look so skinny Meg!
Ugh, that fish looks disgusting! I'm glad y'all are getting to try so many new things, though!
Post a Comment