Well, a big group of us went to the Keukenhoff to see the tulips! I was REALLY excited. Greg had to stay home and write papers. And by the way, the Keukenhoff is in Holland. Prepare yourself. You're going to see a lot of flowers.
This is Erica and Ana Paula. They are both from Brazil. I rode up with them and Ana Paula's husband, Danilo.
By the time we sat down for lunch my head was aching SO badly. It stayed the rest of the day, it was awful. However, I had the most amazing fresh strawberry orange drink. It was a zoo out there. Tons of people. We grabbed a bunch of tables and put them together and kept stealing chairs when we could. Next to me is Ana Paula, Danilo, Erica, Irina, (Karros is supposed to be there), Natasha, (Natasha's son is missing too), Vanessa, Adriano, John, Nelito, Bernadin and Sinuoi.





I was the most excited and then disappointed when I got to the fields. There is more than could fit in the picture and it was all supposed to be in bloom! We were just a week or two too late! Can you imagine if this was all in bloom?
I was so surprised how the pollen wasn't effecting me. Then towards the end I sneezed here and there. Then on the drive home- OH MAN!!! It was constant sneezing. It was awful. However,on our way home we drove by this GORGEOUS field of pink tulips! It was amazing! All the girls were excited.
Mind you, there was every color/kind of tulip you could imagine. I just loved the pink ones the best so that's what most of the pictures have. We stopped at the beach on the way home to get something to eat. We stopped by this stand right on the street but this is what they sold . . . skin and everything. Nobody was interested so we ate somewhere else.
Somebody had walkie-talkies so each group and car had one. We got stuck in MAJOR traffic on the way home so everyone was being silly and telling jokes the whole way home. Of course, it was all in Portuguese.
Last Tuesday we had Adriano and his wife Vannessa over for SUSHI!!!! Adriano knew how to make it with raw fish so we were really excited! We've always used cooked fish in the past. I was really surprised, I've had raw fish before, but seeing it there on our table made me feel nervous.

It was a lot of fun getting to know them better.Everything else has been pretty good! I just spent more money than I'd ever imagine on a swimsuit. But hey, it looks great on me and it's actually 100% modest. Now when do BOTH those factors come into play? NEVER! Atleast not in my life. So I decided I don't care. I've had well over a 100 euros just sitting around (from doing hair) and I was begining to wonder if I'd EVER spend it- and now I have. I want to take a picture, because I haven't been so happy with a swimsuit in years, but I'd feel a little funny posting a pic of me in my swimsuit. I'm sure it will pop up sometime in the soon to be summer pics.
Greg's been a non stop writing machine. Poor guy, he's going on 11 hours now (just today) and he'll be writing the rest of the night. It's so hard. I want to help him so badly, but what am I supposed to do? It's frustrating. I seem to be getting better about sushing up around him. It used to be SO HARD not to talk to him. It's easier these days.
I'm excited to come home now! I'm actually really looking forward to it. At first, I was SO disappointed, and felt so cheated and sad. I realize now it was just the initial shock of coming 2 months earlier than planned, and now I'm over it. In fact this morning I had a little melt down . . ."I'm SICK of this place! I'm SICK of not having a dishwasher! I'm SICK of blah blah blah . . ." This always seems to happen when I'm hungry and hot and doing the dishes. Because I can't eat until I've made food. I can't make food until I've washed the dishes. I get REALLY HOT from doing the dishes and that's when the melt down happens. Then Greg sweeps in and makes me food while I sit and watch tv online. Then after I eat, the kitchen once again is a mess, and the whole process starts again. I am SO HAPPY to say goodbye to this frequent occurance.
OH YES!!! I almost forgot!!! Greg and I went SALSA DANCING!!!! This great woman from church, Sister Berz, came with her dancing partner to teach a class at church last night! And it's going to be EVERY FRIDAY!!!! Oh, if ONLY it started months ago! Oh well. We actually already learned two SWEET moves! I'm REALLY excited about it! Since everyone was beginners I didn't think I'd learn a thing, but almost everything they taught was new! I couldn't believe it! So even though we only have 8 more weeks left, I think we're going to be awesome when we come home! I forgot how much a work out dancing is. My head was spinning and we were all sweating so much. I LOVE to dance. Oh, I just love it. I'm so glad Greg came.







13 comments:
What a wonderful post I love tulips. I think all the pictures were wonderful. I am happy you are getting to dance. Grandpa and I used to have so much fun dancing. Alas time catches and all you have are the memories. So enjoy having all of the times now. I love you and look forward to your being home. You will enjoy all of the conveniences of the good old US. But enjoy the simple life too as it is nice not worrying about all the stuff you have. I found that out in the mission field. We are at Lizzie's and having a great time. Hugs and Kisses Grams
I know I say this all the time but I'm JEALOUS those tulips were amazing!!
I LOVE Tulips! And those GIANT SHOES! You look so cute! I'm really jealous...all those tulips,tulips,tulips,twolips,two lips...that touch...it is soooooooo hard to not talk to someone when they're in the same room and they're trying to concentrate on what they're doing and all you want to do is talk to them...sounds like you have good self control!
Those tulips are gorgeous! That's one of those things I hear about but just can't really believe it or picture it -- but those pictures were beautiful. It sounds like you've had so many great experiences during your time there.
Wow, those tulips are GORGEOUS! So many of them!! The clogs are awesome, that picture's really cute :) Poor Greg, all those papers...at least there's an end in sight! The salsa dancing sounds so fun, I wish Z liked to dance, and that we were good dancers! I can still enjoy trying, right? Hey, maybe Greg can teach Z some moves during downtime on Rainier! ;)
I just brought this up to comment and I was so confused why my name was already in the comments...just realized Grandma commented. = )
Those flowers are AMAZING. So beautiful. It makes me want to go there just for that and bring my camera. So pretty.
Your friends look so much fun. It reminds me of being single. You look all care free together.
ok- didn't get to read anything- becaause I'm at school-[ and I need to go- BUT- the pictures are amazing adn you are so pretty! I LOVE the one where it is a whole bunch of hot pink tulips- so cool!!!!!! I love you- I'll read it later when I have the time-
I'm so glad I came out there. I recognized your friends, your apt, the scenarios in the kitchen, I could see you and what you were describing! I am so glad you got to go to the tulips!!! they are so beautiful, just like the girl in the picture! I am glad you are excited to come home now. I would have reacted the same way I think. When things change from the way I imagined them, it is always a shock and I need time to absorb it. I'm glad you get to do salsa dancing, I know how much you like to dance. You are soooo lucky Greg likes to do it with you! Eddie and Judy were always like that and they look like one person when they dance. Well, I read the Pretties, I don't know that it was worth it. I asked Danielle about it before I did and she said they got worse, I didn't understand what she meant, and she was right, there is more evil and stupidness and the writing isn't as good. Tally drove me crazy in this one. Anyway you might want to read the others, I am going to just ask Danielle how the last one ended if that was the last one (#3). Well, love you!!!!!!
Oh I forgot, I loved the shoes!!!!
LOVED all the pictures! Tulips are one of my all-time favorite flowers and I loved seeing all the different colors and varieties... beautiful! I'm glad you found a modest swimsuit that you like - that is not an easy task! And salsa dancing?!? Wahoo!
I LOOOVE the flowers! And you look amazing in every single picture of you, it's not fair! :) And I understand how you feel about the no-dishwasher thing, the first aptmt wade and I lived in (while I was working at the Art of Hair!) didn't have one either. So that made ME the dish washer. Ugh. NEVER AGAIN! Glad you are coming home soon!!!!
UGH! Did it again. I came to check to make sure I left a comment. I read this a billion years ago and loved it...must've not been able to comment or something. Anyway- loved loved loved all the flowers- you were sooooo pretty in the pictures. That is so cool you got to go dancing! Sounds so fun. You are lucky Greg likes to go. I love you!!!!!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Megan, that looks so so so awesome! HOLLAND! Holy moly- you are having the coolest experiences ever!!!! Keep the stories and pictures coming!And salsa dancing...awesome!
Post a Comment