Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Latest

Greg went mountain biking with friends and relatives just over a week ago. Not far into the ride he started going a little bit faster and hit this big rock and literally flew 6 ft STRAIGHT UP into the air before he flipped upside down and landed on his shoulder. I was told the crash was absolutely "SPECTACULAR". Once I realized he was ok, I was just mad for a couple days. But after that I realized, accidents DO happen and then I just felt bad for him. It's pretty amazing how helpless a grown man can be without an arm. Buttoning pants, grating cheese, all sorts of things become practically impossible! Later that week we celebrated our 4th Anniversary and I had to cut his steak for him. He has to wear the cast for 9 weeks.

Other than that things have been pretty slow. I'm not gonna work at that salon I mentioned before. I'm glad, now, that it didn't work out. It would've been a hassle to go booth rent, right now. I've applied to WAL MART, of all places. Randomly gave them my resume today. I talked to a stylist there and she just seemed really nice and the whole set up there seemed a lot better than I imagined. I also applied to Harry and David. They sell holiday baskets. I also went into a temp agency but I'm not sure that's going anywhere. I just need a job to keep me busy and get me out of the house.

Last weekend Greg's cousin, Robyn, and her husband, Paul, invited us over for dinner and games! Sounds like a small thing, but it was SO GOOD to get OUT of the house and feel like we have friends again. I've been really feeling like I have no life, lately. Probably because I have no life. But it was so fun. It was pretty hilarious, right when I walked in their apartment and saw they had there own place I couldn't help but exclaim, "I want my own place so bad!" I was immediately envious.

Here's the latest: I am 27 and need READING GLASSES. I can't read signs when I'm driving anymore, either. So much for lasic surgery. It got me a few years without glasses, though, so I still have no regrets. It's just weird, because recently I've become a low maintenance gal- no makeup, ponytail and comfortable clothes only- and the thought of sticking annoying contacts in my eye daily? No way. I just can't deal with that anymore. So this means I'm going to have glasses on my face PERMANENTLY for the rest of my life. I look FINE with glasses, but I look so much prettier without. I was sort of getting depressed about it while picking out the new pair. Oh well, it is what it is.

Oh yeah. The last couple months I've been making fun of anyone who watches Desperate Housewives and now I'm completely addicted to it.

9 comments:

heidi and Doug said...

hahaahahhaha i am totally ADDICTED To desperate house wives !
sorry about the glasses.

heidi

AMY AND MIKEY said...

HAHAHhAHAH- isn't it great! Desperate house wives! What season are you on? I personally love the latest- the first season was a little too much for me. Ha- love it. Ok- I'm glad that job didn't work out since you didn't feel good about it. Walmart- I hope you work there just because it would be so funny. But I mean, you'd be working in the salon so that's kinda different- alot different. I can't get over Greg's arm- uhhhhh- I'm sorry about your glasses- post a pic- i want to see what they look like. Love you

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I don't remember you ever wearing glasses - did you wear them at all in high school before you had the lasic surgery? Post a picture - let's see the new rims!

Sorry about Greg and his arm - that sucks!

Where are you living now? Which Wal-mart would you (potentially) work at? Good luck with the job situation.

Emily said...

Steve broke his arm right after Easton was born and I remember being mad too. But, like you say, accidents happen and then I had to feel bad for him and help him do everything. Poor Greg...and you!

I've always thought you look good in glasses!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sorry about the glasses, but I have worn them for years, ever since the soft contacts glued themselves to my eyes. I have survived. I hope you get a job that you like, and that Greg finds a job soon. Tell him I am sorry about the arm. Kisses grams

Danielle said...

What the heck? When did you post??? It says five days ago...anyway- I'm confused. I love that you are addicted to Desparate Housewives. See? Those shows can getchya! I haven't watched that one...but I'm sure if I did I'd get into it. I'm sorry you are so anxious to get your own place. I feel ya. Hopefully you can get a job and not be so restless! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well I am totally bummed about your eyes. I think you call the clinic where you got it done and ask them about it, that doesn't sound right. also I am totally addicted to Desperate Housewives, I love it!!!! Love you!! Oh that is sad about Greg, I missed that somehow!

Jenni said...

Well good thing you look really great in glasses anyway!! I find it so hilarious that you all watch desperate houswives hahahaha! I saw one episode once when I was babysitting when I was like 18 and it scarred me for life hahaha!!!

Poor greg!!! I would be so sad if Michael broke his arm!!

fiona said...

Poor Greg's arm! Ever since the twins heard us talking about his broken arm, they periodically ask, "Who broke him arm?" And we have to go over who Greg is, and how he broke it...it's great! Sorry abt the reading glasses, too, but I'm sure you look beautiful in them!