Wow. I cannot believe I am doing an August recap. We have been so BUSY!!! This week we will have officially been home 2 months. We've hardly stayed in one place for even one week at a time. It has been nuts and things are about to slow down. I'm going to a salon on Tuesday to meet with the owner and am pretty sure I'm gonna get the job. I kept putting off the whole job thing for a few reasons. First, I was hoping Greg would miraculously get a job immediately, and who wants to start a job just to quit it? Second, I wanted to see my family I haven't seen in almost a year and didn't want a job getting in the way of it. Third, I just plain don't want to work. That last one's a little embarrassing, but right on the mark. But now I've seen the family I can, with the exception of an easy weekend trip to Portland, and Greg's still applying and waiting to hear back- so no more excuses. Time to get a job.
Recap Time:
At the beginning of August Greg and I went to see my family at the coast. It was a full house! My parents, Rebecca and her girls and Amy. Greg and I had a lot of fun playing with the girls. It's been great seeing them so much and getting to know them so much better.
We sat in the hot sand while Greg sang with his guitar.
Aliese turned pages for him.
I love these next 2 pictures. I think Amy looks sweet.
Anna
Aliese
Cute Gracie.
Some CRAZY clouds came rolling in. They were just this solid mass with a very solid edge. I'd never seen anything like it!
Lookin' good Greg.
Anna
Time for cooking hotdogs and s'mores on the beach!
Amy had a headache that wouldn't go away so we put a cold press on her head!
My man
Aliese
Rebecca
Mom
We were all out there, even Dad. It was fun. I can't ever remember cooking hotdogs on the beach. It had definitely been a LONG time since I'd sat 'round a fire on the beach- that's for sure.
And night Greg and I were teaching the girls to do cartwheels and handstands. It was funny. I don't ever remember anyone teaching me. I saw my sisters and brother doing it, so I just did it! Greg and I were both sore the next day. Another reminder that we are getting old.
I've been dying to blog about this for months now, but never could find the time. Greg and I LOVE America's Test Kitchen and ordered 2 more books, to add to the one we already have, while we were in Belgium and have been SO EXCITED to get them and cook from them! So far, every recipe has been a success and here's a little proof: Greg made some Challah Bread.
Did you know bread could be so beautiful? My man is AMAZING!!!
We ordered the BIG cookbook that's comparable to The Joy of Cooking book and The Best International Recipe. WOOHOO!! Greg and I are all about foreign dishes and love to try everything. It's pretty ridiculous. Since I was traveling so much I took the cookbook with me everywhere because I wanted to cook from it. But I never did. I just carried it around like I'm 3 and it was my blanky. I can't wait 'till we are living on our own again and I can actually start planning meals and trying new dishes.
Anna made up this cute little rap she sang over and over. Greg and I kept singing it once we got back home.
Greg went with Rebecca and the girls into Eugene to go swimming. They had a lot of fun. Greg showed them how they're weightless in water and Anna carried Greg around. She kept saying, "How am I doing this?!!!"
Gracie
Aliese
I hitched a ride to go see my friend, Emily, who was in town for her sister's wedding. It was SOOOO good to see Emily. We basically just talked for 3 hours. It was great. We only remembered to take a picture when I had to leave and she was breast feeding.

Then it was back to good ol' Rogue River. This is the actual Rogue River.
I LOVE floating rivers. So peaceful and BEAUTIFUL.
Greg's parents had this huge thing called a "taco". Eventually we all got on there.
Ralph and Shannon
Rochelle (Greg's aunt)
Thursday was Greg's 26th Birthday!!! It was a pretty low key day. At night we went to the Family Fun Center. We played video games. Don't they just look intense.
And GO CARTS!!! The best part of the night, by far. I just kept laughing and laughing. I couldn't stop.
Back home for some ice cream. I love this man! He truly is my other half and life is so much better with him in it!
Life's been pretty low key otherwise. It's been great taking it easy for a couple months. I personally like waking up when I want, eating, resting, then working out, then resting, then eating lunch, then actually getting to SOMETHING around the house and then before I know it the day has passed and it's time for bed. I've been working really hard to make a cookbook of Pat's recipes. It has been a bit exhausting, but I'm officially more than halfway done. It's something I need to get done while I'm still here and hopefully that won't be too long. I got a calling in the Rogue River Branch. I'm the Relief Society's Pianist. I'm really glad too. I love playing the piano and have really missed it the last couple months. The first month I was literally going through withdrawals and feeling the loss everyday, but I've adjusted now.
I am really excited for Greg to get a job and us to get started on our life again. We both know it's too early to get panicky, but it's hard to stand still. Patience has always been a struggle for me. I thought I'd get married a lot younger than I did and I definitely thought I'd have a baby or two by now. Hmm . . . you'd think I'd have learned the value of patience by now . . . things are ok though. I'll admit, I've had my "breaking-down" moments more than I want them, but they thankfully go just as quickly as they come and then suddenly the world doesn't feel like it's crashing down on my anymore.
I've been walking everyday consistently for a month now and have cut WAY down on the sweets and I feel amazing. Honestly, I've physically never felt so good in my life. I'm lovin' it. We also went to CA for 2 weeks, but I'll blog about that later. That's the latest! Hope everyone is doing well.
8 comments:
Wow- you guys have been busy! Looks like so much fun though. I'm so jealous of all those pics of you guys together! I miss everyone so much I can hardly stand it. I am sorry you keep being tried for patience:( No fun. You sure do have a good attitude though! I decided I want to get a ton of blond highlights...its' time again. I keep holding off thinking maybe I'll go to oregon or something and you can do it. I have no idea though. Anyway- I love you so much! I'm so glad you updated. I loved every bit of it!
I always love looking at all your pictures! The one of you sitting on the beach cooking hotdogs is so pretty! And your nieces are gorgeous! Hope these treatments fly by fast for Amy--I remember my sister going thru chemo and how helpless I felt watching how miserable she was. It sucks! Love all your updates!
I love all of your pictures!!! It pretty much seems like you live a super fun life and I'm so happy for you! And Greg's bread looks delicious!
It was really great to see you before the wedding :) You look beautiful!
I was looking at all those pics and wondering where I was, you were all having fun and I realized I was canning tuna. That is the pits. Your pics are so beautiful, all of them, everything from the beach to the underwater ones. I felt so left out when I read your blog. I definitely need to have more fun. That cartwheel picture is so bizarre. I thought maybe the girls were doing your fire things. I am so glad you got a pic of Gregs bread. I was thinking about it the other day and was so upset I didn,t get a pic of it. Wow, going back to work. That is sad but good. I don't think you should be embarrassed about not wanting to work. Looks like you guys had fun on Gregs b-day! I started blogging again. love you!!!
GREAT recap! I bet the girls loved spending time with you guys, you look like the favorite aunt and uncle!
I can't even tell you how fun it was to see you, and I wish our visits could be more often!
I LOVE the pics of you floating the river. I want to do that so bad! It makes me want to come visit you instead of you coming to see me...but seriously, I still really want you to come visit here!!!
Good luck with the job thing, I know it's so hard waiting, that is the WORST!!
I love you!
Great blog. THanks for sharing all the pics- they are so cute! I hope you get your job- love you-
Looks like August flew by for you guys. I love America's Test Kitchen. I get so excited when I catch an episode. They actually make me feel like I can cook anything. A cookbook of theirs could be fun. I am going to have to look into that.
Yay! I was excited to see an update. I can't believe you've already been home for two months. It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family on the coast. I thought of your parents as we drove through Yachats on Monday - if I'd had their number I may have even called... I sure love your mom - she was such an example to me!
Anyway. Great pictures as always! And I totally feel your pain/stress/anxiety, etc. with the whole husband-finding-a-job thing. We are right there too. I have to remind myself that "patience is a virtue." Yeah, yeah, yeah. ;)
So did the challah bread taste as good as it looked? That's some impressive bread-making skills!
And I'm jealous of the river floating. I've just never really done stuff like that... don't know the right people with the gear (as we have none) and knowledge of where to go.
Good job on the walking consistently! After our busy summer I'm trying to get back into the routine of working out more consistently...
Post a Comment