Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Latest

Well don't I look lovely in my sweat attire?
Here it is. We bought a digital piano. Even now, looking at this picture, it's a little weird to see me sitting at a keyboard and not a full on piano- BUT I LOVE IT!!!! I'm SOOOOO happy we bought it. Months ago, Greg and I started talking about buying a keyboard. We were planning/hoping to live abroad for awhile so a keyboard only made sense. You can't really lug a piano around country to country, now can you? And now with the police thing in view, Greg would start out with weird, all night kind of hours. So how can I play during the day, if my sweet man is sleeping? Again, the keyboard comes to mind. We went shopping at a couple places, planning to buy in a couple months when Greg hopefully had a job. We just wanted to see what was out there and what the price range was. Well, there were moments where I wanted to cry. It just wasn't the same as a real piano and it was breaking my heart. But then! We found this little baby, and it was FAR superior to the other digitals I'd been playing on and 1/3 of the price. So, instead of waiting a couple months, we bought it almost on the spot. It was a weird moment, when the decision was made, but I am SO HAPPY we got it and love it more and more, everyday. It's in our room, upstairs so I literally wake up to it every morning and smile. I can't seem to get enough of it. It's like my canteen was bone dry and I can't seem to fill it up. Quite the distraction. It's been nice, Greg seems to really get my need for it, and my feeling odd about buying a digital piano (at first, anyway). It was a comfort, to know he understands. So that's the first of good news. The second is . . .

Greg's basically hired on to the Medford Police! WOOHOO!!!! He just needs to pass his background check and the job is his. We are SOOOOOOO happy about it. We going to start looking at houses too!!! What a marvelous and interesting thing to say. However, he won't begin actually working until MARCH. So that's a damper on things, but really who cares. We know a job is on the way. So we're not sure how far we'll get with the house thing, since he won't get PAID for another 3 months, but we'll just look around and get a feel for things- which is exciting! The reason he has to wait until march is because that's when the next Police Academy starts. That just sounds funny to me. Police Academy. Isn't that a movie? Anyway. It's in Salem- 3 1/2 hours away, and it's 4 MONTHS LONG!!!!! YIKES!!! So that will be difficult, but I'm just avoiding those thoughts right now. It's weird, waiting and waiting and stressing about Greg getting a job, and suddenly . . . he has one. Just like that. It made me feel bad for how much I was complaining. It all worked out, I should've known it would and just been happy all the while.

Work has been going well. I thought I would never like having a boss, because I didn't like my last one. But Clansy is really nice and I don't mind working for her. I never ever WANT to go to work, but once I'm there, I always have a good time and come home in a really good mood. That's how it always was before. I just really like doing hair! I love working with people! It's nice I ended up in this profession. I feel lucky!

The thought of my 28th birthday has been occupying my mind too much, lately. That's just too old. And I just look around and see people my age, pregnant with their 3rd, and I've not made any progress with our first, and I just feel ugh. I just see little kids and I WANT one. Kids are like a toy that everyone has. Everyone except me. I know that probly sounds funny. But I blog about things I buy and things I do. Everyone else blogs about there kids. It's what they have and do. And I just don't have one. And now the thought of buying a house is in the air and I think, "Wow, we're gonna be in a house with no kids." And that's just weird. I never imagined it that way. It was always with a little one. I'm such a complainer. I've really been bad these days. I need to get OUT OF IT. So much is going well for us!

I'm really excited for Christmas! Greg and I are driving to Idaho with my Mom and Dad and Amy and Mike. I'm really excited, even for the drive. Is that weird? I like that we'll be surrounded by food, watch movies and talk. It'll be like a mini party in the van! Well, I don't know if I'll be writing again for awhile, so . . . .

Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

It sounds like so many things are going well for you two, I'm so happy for you guys. Have fun driving to Idaho with your family, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Danielle said...

You don't complain much Meg. I totally see what you're saying about house without baby. It is weird. I'm sorry it's such a stress. I want to say how I know how you feel(cause I want a baby and stuff and all my friends have babies) but I totally know that your situation is WAY different than mine, and I'm sorry you have to go through that. But, I am so happy that Greg got the job! And I'm so happy that you are liking your job! I am SO EXCITED to see you guys next week! It will be WONDERFUL! Yayyyyyy!!!!!! I love you!

Our Pratt Pack said...

I'm so excited for you guys. We LOVE Medford! In fact we'll be there off and on winter break. If you need ideas of where to look we know the area really well and know tons of people that could help look too. I would stay around North Medford High, South Medford is a little scarier. If you shoot up past the hospital (Providence) there's a lot of cute little neighborhoods and a lot of houses for sale. My in-laws live off of Modoc on Spring hills Dr. it's the cutest neighborhood, really safe and perfect for when the little ones start coming!

Emily said...

Such a good post. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR PIANO!! I think the digital ones are awesome. They don't take up as much space, it sounds like a real piano, you can use headphones...so nice. Congrats, I know you have been wanting one bad.

And congrats to Greg on the job, that is such great news and what a relief!!

Easton managed to wet the bed twice last night. Sometimes I WISH I had something other than my kids to blog about.

I hope you guys have a blast in Idaho with your fam, it sounds like so much fun. You're going to FREEZE though. I don't miss that about SE Idaho.

Love you, Merry Christmas!!!

Watts Family said...

Megan you should get a hold of my in-laws. They rent houses in medford and they might even have something to buy. You should call and ask them. Email me if you are interested and I will give you their number. cutiedw@hotmail.com

Danielle said...

OH YEAH- I can't believe I forgot to mention the piano! That's awesome! I'm so glad you found a good one. I like mine a lot, but feel like there are probably better ones out there...but probably my next purchase will hopefully be a real one! I'm so glad your playing so much! I need to more...love you!

Lizzie said...

I'm so happy for you about the piano. Be grateful Greg is supportive. Shad totally does NOT understand why I would ever want a piano in the house. (he hated piano lessons growing up)

Congratulations Greg with your job. I only wish you lived in our town and then maybe, shad could drop your name and not get so many tickets. = )

28 is old? I'm turning freaking 30 next month. Yikes!

Love you!

Matt and Christy said...

Yea!! A piano! I am happy for you. Congrats on the job! Good luck with that, and good luck with the Academy- it has been one of the most difficult things for our marriage. This is one instance where it is easier without kids- Elijah was heartbroken that Matt was gone for so long. Have you thought about renting an apartment in Salem so you can see him every night? Just a thought- we almost did it because it was so hard. I don't want to depress you, just warning you about whats coming for you. What an exciting time, though!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Megan, can I just say I really enjoy reading your blog?! Even the "complaints" - at least you're honest and real about it.
Yay! for the new piano and Greg's new job!! We definitely know the stress and worry that comes with not having a job and waiting for the right one to come along. I've been feeling quite silly myself lately for how things have turned out for us. But it's so hard not to stress at the time while you're waiting!
Have fun in Idaho for Christmas. I always kinda look forward to the car ride down to CA - the talking and road games, etc. Even though it's just the three of us.
Merry Christmas!

Kristi M. said...

Congrats on the job. Everything always works out exactly when it waas supposed to. Me and my sisters all bought houses without kids. It actually makes it a lot easier and 2 months after we moved in, we were pregnant. Looking back it was meant to happen in that order. Kind of crazy that they won't hire Greg on to the police force and then send him when academy comes available. That is what they do around here. Jeff had to go to the academy for 2 wks in probation and that was okay with a kid. Just be thankful can get passed this before the kids. I wished you lived close and I would have you do my hair. Sounds like your job is not that bad. I bet you learn a lot about people.

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!! On the new keyboard and on Greg getting a job w/Medford PD!!! :) Don't worry too much about the academy--it's not fun, of course, but at least he'll get to come home every weekend! Wade had to do a Pre- and Post-Academy for the state police, both about 2 months each, and it SUCKED because he barely got to come home more than every other weekend! That was super stressful, but I LOVED DPSST academy because I got to see him every weekend! So you guys will be ok, it'll just be the nights that will be lonely with Greg gone :( I'm so excited for you though! Congratulations again lady!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

great blog! I am so happy about your piano and yours and Gregs job. Jobs are wierd that way. I love teaching ww's. The night before or that morning I think I would rather stay home. But once I'm there I am so grateful for it, I love the people and they love me, its great! And you don't complain! It is a righteous thing to want a baby. You're supposed to feel that way. How exciting to start looking for houses!!! And noone likes living for long periods of time with someone else after they have been out on their own, it is natural and again the right thing to feel. Love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy that Greg got a job, and that you are looking at houses and that you now have a big keyboard. What blessings you have been given. You will get your baby when the time is right. I love you grams

fiona said...

Okay, where did you get the digital piano from? I totally have been planning to get a keyboard while we're here to take back over in March, but that piano sounds great! Awesome about Greg's job! and I'm so glad you're enjoying yours, too. I know what you mean about the baby thing; I'm sorry. Once you have a baby, it won't even seem weird how "old" you are, it will be just the right time! I always thought I'd have a couple more before I even GOT pregnant, and now I can't imagine what in the world that would be like. But it's still hard at the time. I'm so glad things are going well, have a wonderful Christmas!!