Do you SEE how big this pill is????
Compare it to my eyeball or nose, that might help you visualize.
It's fish oil. Apparently it's good for the baby, so my new doc told me to take some. It went down a lot easier than expected. Ok, prepare yourself.
Ok, now that I'm looking at it, it doesn't look that big. But I told Greg to take a picture and when I looked at it I FREAKED OUT and said, "Greg! No way! That's a horrible angle! I am NOT that big!" He gives me a weird look like, "Sure you're not, Meg." So I make him take it again, a true side shot and this is what I get.
I start freaking out and immediately pull up the blinds to check my reflection. I just keep saying, "No, no, no! I'm not this big! Do I always look this big?" And Greg's like, "Pretty much." Lately I've been feeling so skinny and thinking I wasn't showing in the slightest and wishing I was showing more. But after these pics, I don't know, it's just gonna get BIGGER. Oh well, what can a pregnant girl do? I'm 16 weeks today.
I finally feel fine talking about it now. Even when I posted it, it was hard to say anything at all. A week earlier I had honestly convinced myself I wasn't pregnant anymore and so even though I knew I was, after the appointment, it still felt weird to talk about it. I'm sure it sounds weird or bizarre, but that's just how it was. But I finally feel normal talking about it. So that's good. I didn't enjoy the weirdness and am glad it's over!
I've been kind of freaking out about pushing a grown baby out of my CROTCH and wondering how this is all going to go down, but then I put my hand into a fist and thought, "A newborn baby's head REALLY isn't bigger than THIS, is it? I can do that." And suddenly I felt more in control. Not that it will be pleasant in anyway, just possible. And then it's night time, and Greg and I will be lying in the dark, and he'll be trying to sleep and I'll say things like, "I've got a little brain inside me! I've got mini kidneys and possibly a penis!" He doesn't seem to be as fascinated and just wants to sleep, but I just can't shut the thoughts down. I think the whole thing is incredible and I don't think I'll ever get over it. I thought I just looked like a normal girl with a little tummy, but when I saw those pics, above, I thought, "I do NOT look normal. There is a BABY in there!" I know, I know. This is obvious. But it never ceases to amaze me.
Greg is CONSTANTLY watching Police shows. I can't tell you how many times I sing along with the tv, "Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do . . ." He is starting work in 6 weeks. HOLY COW we thought this day would never come! It's almost here! But in 9 weeks he'll be gone for 4 MONTHS. Oh my gosh. I do NOT want that day to come. Poor guy is sick, right now. I'm so glad I'm not. In Europe I got REALLY sick, consistently every 2 months. It was the WORST. Before that, I can count on my hand the number of times I've been ill in my life. And ever since we've been back, I haven't gotten sick once, while everyone else in the house has. Back to my old resilient self, apparently. Thank goodness. In Europe I thought something had changed and it was gone forever. I guess it was just Europe bugs, and probably SICK KIDS!!!! Well, that's about it. Bye!
21 comments:
Wow Megs! You look GREAT! I love that you have a lil belly! That is so awesome! I'm glad the wierdness is gone. That is no fun. I think that's probably how I am going to be. I am soooooo fascinated with the whole human being growing inside another, and it's not even happening to me! Well- I love you lots! OH- and that pill IS GINORMOUS!!!!!!!!!!
You truly look great!! and about 4 months pregnant. You won't get as large as some because you are taller and it has more length to go in. I love you and I think it is wonderful. LOL grams
PS that pill is HUGE!!!!
Whoa- when I read grandma's comment- that was weird to think you are already 4 months along! That's crazy! I don't think you look that big! But you do a have a little pooch- that's cool! I can't wait until you REALLY SHOW and are REALLY BIG!!!!!!!! It will be so exciting! That pill is HUGE!
Okay, THANKS for inviting me to read your private blog :) and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! I am excited for you to find out the sex, and it's just such an exciting time!!! I wanted to say, I never miscarried, BUT I had MAJOR anxiety that I would , and I didn't want to tell anybody until after I had my first appointment and I could actually SEE a little fetus with a heartbeat, and I was almost done with the first trimester. You look SO cute! Anyway, I just really wanted to congratulate you!!!
Also, freaking CUTE house! What an exciting year for you guys!!!
Ok, so this was actually the post I saw first and when I read your "apparently it's good for the baby" I was thinking, "I've definitely missed a post between this and the house one!" That pill is freakin' huge! So glad everything is going well and your 4mo. prego belly is cute and tiny so no worries. :)
Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant! So exciting :)
Wow, I just got totally caught up...You're pregnant and bought a house! Awesome, I am so excited for you. Congratulation. I couldn't be happier for you. And you look great! I am jealous of your adorable little baby bump!
Oh this is why I love blogs!! You look so cute!! You're pregnant!! I love it. I am so excited you think all those things, and yes men are very compartmental, so they don't think about all those things. They are more into there own life, especially right now with his job coming up so soon. I can't wait till it starts kicking!! You will love it. I'm glad you are comfortable about it, even if you hadn't miscarried in the past you would still go through some of that weird stuff. I had six babies through my CROTCH! If I can do it you can. You're a tough broad! I can't wait til you find out what it is. I was there coincidentally I think every time Lizzie found out. It was fun. Love you!!! Miss you!!
Okay, so I totally laughed outloud at the CROTCH thing and then to see your mom mention it was equally as hilarious. I refused to take a birthing class, I refused to read up on having birth that way. I knew that the more I knew, the worse my mind would race about it so I never educated myself. Lo and behold, Gunnar was breach and his ankles up by his ears so we had an emergency c-section. Glad that I never studied up on either. I went in blind and that was best for me. Being pregnant is absolutely amazing. You should start feeling the baby move in about a week or so. Now that is amazing and comforting. I missed that the most after having Gunnar. It's fun. You also have height on your side so you will look great throughout your entire pregnancy. This is definately one of those times to be thankful for it.
Oh, WOW!!! I'm so excited! Congratulations!!! You look GREAT, Megan! And that pill is huge! But it's all for a good cause! :) Look at all these exclamation marks!! But they are sooo NECESSARY on this post! :) I'm so happy for you two, you'll be such amazing parents! congratulations again :) :) :)
Megan! This:
"I've been kind of freaking out about pushing a grown baby out of my CROTCH and wondering how this is all going to go down"
is the funniest, greatest thing I've ever heard/read you say!!!!!!!! You are hysterical! And baby's head is a tiny bit bigger than your fist ;o), but you'll be awesome!
Congratulations on all of your good news!!! Amazing! Great job, beautiful new home, and BABY!!!!! What a fantastic year for you guys! Sorry for all of the exclamation marks, but I'm really freaking happy for you!!!!!! You look great, and tiny, and your sweet little baby belly is adorable!
p.s. I did the fish oil pills for a while when I was pregnant with Ayden, but I couldn't handle the fish burps...ughhhh, still makes me yarky to think about it! ;o)
So Megan!! I am super excited for you guys!! I was talking to Katie yesterday and she said you were pregnant! i was like where did you hear that? She said your blog. To me your blog showed you haven't updated it for like ever! Then I heard you went private!! So the house is super cute! Where is it at? Medford? We are going there this weekend for our nieces baptism. We are due A month after you guys! I am super excited for you guys. We need to keep in touch! I love the park that is so close to you guys!
Holy crap I am such a moron. I totally forgot that your blog was private and I kept wondering when you were going to post!!!!!
I'm so sorry Megs.
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your house looks amazing! SCORE!!! I'm so happy for you guys, it's seriously so cute and I LOVE the fireplace and I'm even jealous of your backyard!!
You look so dang cute and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling great.
LOVE YOU!!!!
Cute lil' baby belly. I'm dying to find our what you and robyn are having. Exciting! little penis or not.... hehehehe
Looking better than Rochelle, at the same time.
Rochelle belly really stuck out there.
It be over be for you know it and miss it to.
Uncle D
You are hilarious!!! Embrace that gorgeous belly sister. It's going to get HUGE! you will look at it and wonder how in the *&%@ it is possible! :)
I love your little thoughts before going to bed. I totally remember thinking that! It is just on our minds 24/7 as women because hello there is a human in there! It's such an amazing life miracle. Again I am so excited for you!!
Oh my gosh, i had NO clue you were pregnant! Congrats!!! Since your blog went private , it does not show me you've updated on my blog list, and I had had NO clue till Bryce told me that you commented on our blog! I'm so excited for you! How are feeling? September is a great month to have a baby, no too cold. Are you two going to find out what your having, or have it be a surprise? You will be such a great mom, it's the best thing ever, especially when they are your own. I hope all goes well with the pregnancy. Congrats again! Sorry if I'm rambling... anyways, love and miss you!
hMMMMMMMMMMMMM....you about ready to blog again?
Post a Comment