About a month ago Ethan came to visit! This is a shot from the Family Fun Center.
From left to right: Ralph, Greg, Ethan, Shannon and Randy.
This was the day we signed on our house! Pretty exciting! Tony was our mortgage consultant and handled all of the numbers and Teresa was our realtor and is totally responsible for us bidding on our house. It was the first house we actually looked at and we thought it was way too nice and that we couldn't afford it and immediately put it out of our thoughts, even though we were oo-ing and awe-ing the whole time. After we'd been house hunting a week and felt a little flustered, Teresa made us go back to it one more time before we made any offers. At first I didn't want to because I was SO SURE it wasn't for us, but I'm so glad she did because that second visit made it an easy decision. We NEVER would have looked at it a second time, if she didn't push us, and I'm SO GLAD she did because now we're living in the house of our dreams! They were both AWESOME and we felt so lucky to have worked with them.
Pat, Shannon and I drove down to Eugene for Laurel's bridal shower. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! Laurel grew up in my old ward in Eugene, so I knew EVERYBODY. It was the best catching up. Everyone I wanted to talk to was there. It was fun telling them I was pregnant and talking about Greg's new job and the house. I gotta say, my card for Laurel's Bridal Shower was pretty great.
Inside the card-
Randy always throws a big party on April 15th (to celebrate the end of taxes). This year he rented this huge dragon/obstacle course thing. It was great! Every year the whole week has a theme for each day- hat day, shoe day, fiesta day, etc. Someone wrote about it in the newspaper!
Greg racing through.
Greg's youngest brother, Chris, got married to his high school sweetheart two weeks ago, in the Portland Temple. It was a GREAT weekend. We saw all kinds of family and had a lot of fun. It was fast, but great. The girls got away for a little pampering. I had just had my toes done so I got a manicure while everyone else got a pedicure.
From left to right: Laurel, Shannon, Hillary and Pat
I loved how Laurel was getting worked on by two people. It made her look like a movie star.
Breakin' in the house. There have been "firsts" in the house that, to me, make it feel more and more like this is our home. Baking sweets, playing the piano and Greg playing guitar and singing. I hadn't heard him play his harmonica in forever. I LOVE hearing him play. It makes me swoon every time. You think I'd get used to it, but if I haven't yet- I'm not sure I ever will. But that's a good thing.
Greg's had a great first week at work! He is loving it! He's gotten all kinds of goodies: uniforms, riot gear, a new gun, his belt, handcuffs, a bullet proof vest and much, much more.
Making his first arrest.
Notice his sweet bullet proof vest?
After gun certification. I have to say, my man's a pretty good shot. I was impressed.
Greg LOVED his gun certification. He couldn't STOP smiling while he was telling me about it. There was a big area outside with all kinds of targets and he had to go through a course where he's run here, lays on the ground, shoots 3 times with a rifle; runs there, shoots many targets with a hand gun, on his knees, standing up, shoot while walking sideways, shoot while walking backwards, falling on the ground and shooting from a sitting position and shooting UP CLOSE, standing right in front of the target with a face. He said that was weird. He came home with blisters on his fingers and a big square bruise on his palm from slamming the magazine in over and over. He had the best time.
Today he tried on all his riot gear. Thank goodness, there aren't many riots around here.
Notice the gas mask.
I like having my man go to work everyday. With me working in the past, he didn't have to while he was in school, so it's new to have him up every morning, dressed and shaved, ready to go. We got a taste while he worked for NATO, but he wasn't getting paid. The Medford Police Department has been so good to us already. The chief assured Greg that he would be home when I have the baby and whether it's before or after he finishes the academy, they would just work it all out. That's a great comfort. They've been very supportive about all kinds of things. It really feels like a family and I love it! This whole week has just solidified that we made the right decision and I'm glad!
As far as the house goes, we are so happy here! The more time passes, I feel this is the house for us! Simple things that are just the way I like them. The tub is totally big enough for me and Greg to both get in. Greg likes to soak on a daily basis, so now I can just get in and have a long talk. It's better than sitting on the toilet or edge of the tub, which were the only options for "tub talk" before. The bedroom is just peaceful and has really nice lighting in the morning. That's important to me. And the actual light fixture in the room has a REMOTE set up so I can turn the light on and off while I'm still in bed. That's the BEST!!! I LOVE IT!!! It has been my fantasy, since I was a little girl, to be able to just turn off the light without having to get up and walk to the light switch. And now my dream has been fulfilled. I love it. We got a King bed, and LOVE IT!!! When we first slept in it, we couldn't stop laughing because we could get so far from each other. It seriously felt like a journey to get to each other. No more rolling over to snuggle, but crawling a couple feet first. It was so funny. We've been sleeping on a full the last 9 months.
We've have a little neighbor, named Riley, who lives next door. She is four and loves to come over and chat with us. She's always asking if she can take our rocks in the front. She thinks they're pretty. She's pretty cute. I love how friendly all the kids are.
Our ward is AMAZING!!! We love them! We had a really warm welcome and LOTS of people introduced themselves to us. The Relief Society Presidency came and visited me the very next day and a girl named Barbara came and dropped off a BIG BOX of baby clothes that she didn't need, as well as a STROLLER, SWING and adorable play mat. I was blown away. She told me she'd drop off clothes, but I had no idea how much she was really bringing. Then, later that day another woman I saw at church, but never met, came over and gave us home made bread! I couldn't believe it! So friendly! While I was at churh I found out there was an aerobic class three mornings a week in the gym. I went Monday and there were four other women there (one was 4 months pregnant, like me) and they were all friendly and kids were running EVERYWHERE!!!! They had mats and weights there, as well! It was such an intense workout. I had to skip Wednesday because I could still hardly walk from the soreness. Also, our church building is only FOUR MINUTES FROM OUR HOUSE!!! Amazing! And we meet at 1pm, which I know everyone hates, but I LOVE. I like to sleep in and not rush to church. Also, the temple is next to our building so our temple is four minutes away too! Can you believe it! I LOVE IT!!! So my new goal is to attend the temple weekly. Especially once Greg is gone. And that's gonna make it so much easier to attend while I'm breast feeding. I just feel so lucky!
I just love Central Point. I love it more and more each time I go somewhere. It's really small, so there's never any traffic. I love that. And even though it's small, it has a lot that's only a few minutes away- Redbox, McDonald's, gas station, Goodwill. And then everything else is in Medford, which would be 10-15 minutes away. So basically, we're doin' good and everything's wonderful!
11 comments:
Oh man- sounds like a wonderful life! I'm so happy for you! Sounds amazing! I'm so glad you have such a great ward and neighborhood. That is so great you're so close to so many things! Like GOODWILL! I'm not joking- I think that is great. I live like 15 minutes away from DI and it SUCKS! Anyway.......I just love your happiness. It makes me happy. That is so awesome about Greg's work- what a relief that he will FOR SURE be there for the baby. Sounds like a wonderful workplace:) Love you tons! Miss you!!!!!!!!
Oh- I just looked and I forgot- I LOVE YOUR CARD! It's hilarious! I bet she loved it!
That's great that Greg will be there when you have the baby. And isn't a king size bed the best? I always tell people it is a MUST for a marriage and I don't think you can really understand it unless you've had one!
Well I'm just grinning from ear to ear at all of this goodness. I'm dying that your dream come true is to not have to walk to the light switch. You crack me up. Your ward sounds amazing, I wish ours was like that.
I'm glad Greg is loving his job and that he'll get to be there when the baby is born...SUCH GOOD NEWS!!
I'm just so happy for you guys!
I am so happy for you both Megan, and I am glad you love your new house. It is so fun to have nice neighbors and good members that treat you well. Greg looks awesome in his gear I think he is really going to love it and so will you. I am glad you got a kingsize bed you will always be glad you did. Grandpa and I have slept on one for years. We tried others from time to time but always go back to the king. Ah! hugs
Your house sounds awesome. I am waiting for the day I buy my next house. I am sick of one small bathroom already. I might be in Medford at the end of this month for a week. I will have to let you know if I am! I would LOVE to see you. Glad to see Gregs job going so well.
I am so happy for you. What a great relief that the chief is so supportive in the whole baby thing. I love the small town feel with a larger city close by for random things.
Megan, oh my gosh- Everything sounds so amazing! I am so excited for you guys- there is just too much to comment on! From the work to the house- to the ward- to all the nice people you have met- your little neighbor (so funny, because you had a tag along in those apartments in Eugene too :) everything- the king size bed- the tub, the lights going out with a remote, the temple 4 minutes away!!!!!!!! that is incredible! so great! the swing and stroller! clothes!!!!!! Greg's work- I can't get over the cardboard with the holes all over the chest and face I loev it! and then all his gear! I showed tanner and he's like "whoa!!!!!!" and his eyes lit up all happy- it wsa so funny. I am so excited for you guys- and so excited that we are moving on with our lives too! love you!- hopefully one of these days I can get a moment to call you- things have been pretty hectic aroun dhere. sorry I haven't been able to call you- love you and miss you!
Wow! I was 3 blogs behind. I need to remember that your blog doesn't show as updated because it's private. That was great reading! I am so glad you like your house, ward, neighborhood, and location. It sounds like your ward is a really caring ward. That is so wonderful! Don't over due it on the aerobics. I think it's great you're doing it, just use good sense. I loved the update on Greg, it must of been like playing and work at the same time. Good for him! How fun for you to be moving into the next stage of life. I think you are going to love it. Even though when the baby comes you will have hard and scary days, it will always be the best. When I had all six of you and wanted to run away sometimes, I still would never have traded places with anyone else that didn't have kids. That card was a crack up!! I loved it. That is cool that Randy does that after tax season, I'm not surprised, he likes to play! Pat sure looks good! I love the pics, especially you! It's fun to watch you grow. I think it's so great that you are going to try to go to the temple once a week, it will make such a difference in your life, especially when Greg is gone so much. I'm so grateful that the Police dept. is so understanding about the baby. I am so glad. I love and miss you!!!
Greg's gear is awesome! Like a little boy's dream come true. I'm so glad everything's going so well :) Your neighborhood and ward sound really great. And your KING bed... I so want one. Seriously, esp. after having kids. When Bran and Nuala both get in with us -- forget it! No one's sleeping then. Synchronized rolling over is not restful. And that card you made for Laurel's shower is sooo funny!
I'm so happy for you both. Aren't relief society sisters amazing? 4 minutes from the temple........wow. That would be such a dream. Love you.
Post a Comment