Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello

Well, today I'm starting my 25th week. I was trying on maternity clothes at ROSS yesterday and looked in a far away mirror and nearly gasped because I looked so huge. I was so shocked. And then later, I was just staring at my bump on the couch thinking, "Wow, there's a baby in there." It really is amazing. I feel her kick all the time now and it's the neatest thing! Greg got to feel some good ones at church on Sunday. I was really wanting him to feel her. She's so unpredictable. But the really neat thing is now I can SEE MY STOMACH MOVE!!!! It's probably been happening all week but I didn't realize until Sunday when I looked. It was COOL. I didn't think it would happen this early. But get this- I only have 3 1/2 months left! Is that crazy? To me, that doesn't seem very long. So I've been shopping for new clothes 'cause I'm kinda skimpin' on summer wear right now and Motherhood is my new favorite store. Their stuff fits right, and it soooooo comfortable. I look in the mirror and feel like a movie star. Uh, but I spent $35 on one pair of shorts and $35 on a skirt. I went back and forth a million times thinking, "Is this worth it?" But I want to feel comfortable and I want to feel pretty, so after a couple days of going back and forth I'm just going to keep them! When I realized they were going to last the entire pregnancy, that sealed the deal for me. What's the point of buying something cheap now, and then having to buy something else later? It's odd, being a first timer. I'll try something on and it WORKS, but then I think, "Well, how much bigger am I going to get?" And I really just don't know. It's hard to make decisions. And I'm just so sick of buying things I end up not wearing in the end. What a waste. I'm trying to be really picky so that doesn't happen anymore. Hmm . . . well I guess that's all. Today I don't have any hair appointments and I'm so glad. I just want it to be relaxing today! Oh by the way, our camera broke. What a disappointment. Just out of nowhere, stopped working. So the pictures will be few and far between. Which is sad, because I'm really gettin' bigger! I'll try to use other people's, I promise!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

That is so awesome she is moving so much! I love that you can see your stomach moving!!! That's so amazing. It IS crazy that there is a HUMAN BEING growing inside of YOU! Seriously. When I stop to think of it for reals for just a minute...I always come back to the conclusion that God is a genius and I have no idea how people can't believe in Him! I'm sad that your camera broke. I'm glad that you are getting nice things for yourself though. I'm sure it's hard to feel cute when your so big and pregnant, so if you find something that makes you feel good- I say go for it! I love you so much!

HeidiT said...

Everyone keeps telling me that it will be so exciting when I can feel the baby move all of the time. Can't wait! Ughh - maternity clothes, don't get me started on those. Glad you found some that work well.

Kristi M. said...

Watching the baby move is one of the highlights of my day. Feeling it is one thing but to see it is just to crazy. Just wait until she gets bigger and stronger, it gets crazier. Heidi is stuck buying most of her maternity clothes because I have them. Mindy is determined to never get pregnant when the two of us are so she can have them all. They are so spendy and to use them for such a short amount of time is a killer. Do you have kid consignment stores around that carry maternity stuff?

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Soooo Cool!! I loved reading all about you and our new little granddaughter. Clothes, you are most likely going to have more babies, so nicer things will still look good next time. You need to feel pretty! As time goes on everyone else will think you are beautiful, but you won't. So it is important to have some things that make you feel pretty! Camera, you need one, break down and buy one!!!! Mom and I are coming down your way soon, I will be calling you. Love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Megan, I loved watching the baby move in my stomach. It is an awesome feeling and you are a co-creator with God. I am happy that you are doing so well without Greg, and it is wonderful you get to see him on the week-ends. Sorry about the camera, and your mom's right just break down and buy another one. You'll need it when the baby comes anyway. Buy the clothes that fit and feel good and look cute. You NEED to feel pretty and good about yourself. Hugs

fiona said...

The baby moving is the awesomest feeling! And I loved watching my stomach move, too. Maternity clothes that make you feel good are important. And since you'll probably be using them again, even better! 25 weeks already? That little gal really will be here before you know it! Yeah, get a camera... we need pictures!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

ok I just caught up on all your blogs! love the greg post! SO COOL! and funny to see him like that- but it's really cool! and i can't believe he brought a gun in to the salon- so weird! but pretty soon it won't be weird and it will just be normal! which is also wierd! You look so BEAUTIFUL in your pics with greg! I LOVE YOUR HAIR! DON'T cut it!!!!!!!!! you are so pretty with long hair- I love it. i loved all those picture of you guys- so funny about the pin, not being able to do it. and your tummy is so cute in that dress! You have to take a pic and post it!