Could it be because I'm watching Prison Break every spare moment I have? What is this show, may you ask? It's all about a prison and the terrible prisoners in it. It's a little terrifying, but I'm hooked. Normally I would never allow myself such a show, but I just like it. But I watch it every night for a good couple hours and then I'm dreaming I'm in prison every night. Literally. Thank goodness nothing bad happens to me while I'm in my prison dreams, but I'm still there and so are the characters.
So I'm looking for a new doctor as of tomorrow. I really hope I find one I like. I feel bad, looking for someone else, but it's just not working out the way I want it to be, with the doctor I have now. Today I had a really long appointment, and it was just bam, bam bam something new going wrong. Nothing major, just irritatingly not how I want it. Not at all. Any recommendation I've had from friends is always a man doctor. Why are men gynecologists? I'm sorry, but I just want a woman down there. I'm becoming such a prude.
I officially love Bachelorette. My sisters have been watching it for years now and every time they'd blog about it I couldn't even bear to read it. The only time I've watched the show was with my sister Amy and I couldn't stop myself from laughing (because it was so stupid) so I had to leave (because she made me). I thought it was the dumbest show on earth. I'm sure it's EXACTLY the same as it was before, but now I completely love it. It's just hilarious. It's completely stupid, but once you get into it, it is GREAT entertainment! I literally laugh out loud every episode!
Hmm, what else? Work's been going good. I got called to the Relief Society Board (which used to be called the Enrichment Board/Committee) and I'm the Relief Society pianist- except Greg has to drive to Salem a 1/2 hour after church ends, so we always duck out early so he can eat and change and we can have a few minutes together, which means I never play the closing hymn. Oh well, in 4 months I can.
Lately, it seems I've been surrounded by people's complete lack of organization. It's driving me crazy. I just don't have that problem and it's hard for me to understand how some people can let their lives and activities become so out of control.
So I realized in just over 3 months we're having a baby. I started to FREAK OUT. Of course, I want one and have wanted one for the longest time, but 3 months is really short and suddenly I realized how close it is and I'll never be alone with Greg again and I was just sort of panicking in my head a little bit. But then I just looked at someone's blog, all about their baby and it made me feel all good again. It's just about midnight and I am really tired, but I'm going to watch a Prison Break.
13 comments:
hah Oh Megan. I love you. You were making me giggle when you were talking about Prison Break. I've never seen it but I'm interested now. I love that you love Bachelorette now. I hope you realize we don't love it because we really think it's all going to work out- it really is just awesomely hilarious entertainment and I love it. Ummmmmm that is really unfortunate that you don't like your doctor. I hope you find one you like, cause that is the last thing you should be worrying about! I love you and miss you!!!!
Oh YEAH- Houses DO make tons of noise. It's annoying and nerve wracking. That is one way it's nice to have a dog- I just blame all the noises on him. And it's nice cause he always can tell the difference between a house noise and a person noise. And he can hear/detect people walking towards our house or wherever- like a block away. No joke. Anyway- just try and remember it's just the house!!!
Hmmmm.... I liked what danielle said about the dog- that makes me feel alot safer. Prison break- never seen it.... tempting...... would mike like it? we're running out of things to do at night- it'd be nice if we had a new show to watch together. Bachelorette- I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! It's the most wonderful show in teh world! I'm going to call you right now to talk about it! love you!
Jeff is gone right now to a work conference and houses do make a lot of noise. Thankfully I've got my 4 year old buddy by my side. For some reason being home at night alone has never bothered me. Watching Prison Break at night probably doesn't help too. I hope that you find a doctor that you like. Bummer this one didn't work out. Worth it to have a doctor that you trust and like. Not every doctor fits everybody either. I really like mine, but Heidi didn't really like him on her first visit but loves the one that she has now. We both have guy doctors and for some reason that is what I feel most comfortable with. Can't wait to see your little girl. It won't be long.
You are making me laugh so hard. Sleeping with a knife, reloading your gun...
It seems weird that a baby will be joining you, but once she comes it will be hard to remember what life was like without her...they just make everything fuller.
I am holding strong not watching the bachelorette. Mainly because steve doesn't allow it in our house, but also it's complete trash. And I have seen my fair share of trashy shows, but this one just takes the cake.
Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well!!
Love you!
Ben and I used to watch Prison Break ALL the time until it got a little too far fetched and we had other shows to watch. I think Michael Scofield is so stinkin hot. I'm also like you when I am alone in a house....scares me to death.
Hee hee. I like that you reload you magazine every night. I did the same thing every night when matt was in the academy. I have gotten better, but I still check every nook and cranny for bad guys on the nights that he is working. I feel bad for you being all alone. I never had to deal with that because Elijah occupied all of my time. Seriously, though~ let us know if either of you need anything.
Ren worked 7PM-7AM for the first 3 yrs of our marriage and there were some nights that I swear I hardly slept because of the whole random noise thing, but once we got the dog it really did help.
I have never watched Prison Break but my sis-in-law, Noelle really got into it and she said the EXACT same thing about her dreams!
Hopefully you can find a doc that you like - it totally makes a difference if you are comfortable with whoever you see. I've never had a problem with a male doc but it all depends on what you prefer.
Megan, I totally understand about the noises the house makes and it is the most nervewracking thing. I used to hate living alone and sleeping alone. It is the hardest thing I ever had to do. I am sorry you have to do. I don't watch much TV, I think it is great that all of you do and I did when I was younger. I am sorry you feel you have to get another doctor, what a bummer. Love you
So Megan I can't comment on Amy's blog, so I was wondering if you could give her my email so I can see her blog when she goes private! I also hate being alone. I feel the same way!
Megan I loved my lady doctor over at the providence OB office DR Hagloch most of the drs in the office are women... hope it helps if your still looking! SARI
Megan, Megan, Megan!! I can't believe you are watching a show like that. I don't think it would be worth all the door, closet, window, gun checking routine! Yes, houses do make noises, lots of them. It is the house settling, and they settle their whole life. Just remember all the women that sleep alone in the world and nothing happens to them. I haven't slept alone here yet, so I am sure I will have to go through my sleep alone routine when that happens. I remind myself of everyone I know that lives alone. Sometimes I have to put my scriptures by my bed, and stay up til I am sleepy big time. I have gotten better at it over the years. I'm sorry you don't like your doctor. I think that is the hardest thing. I hope you can find one soon that you like. I'm with you, I like women docs. Excited to see you!!! love you!
My house is always making noise and I swear people are always walking up and down my street at all times of the night. I ALWAYS check my house and car locks (we don't have a garage). When I am alone I make the dogs walk through the house with me and then sleep with me because I get so nervous. But dogs help SO much!
Post a Comment