Monday, June 14, 2010

I Miss my Greggy Today

That's all really. I just miss him. We had a good weekend, but there was a wedding, so there wasn't QUITE as much time together as usual, that's ok. It's midnight and I'm tired, but I just don't feel satisfied enough to retire for the night. But I realized, what is going to satisfy me enough to feel fine about going to sleep? TV? I don't think that's gonna cheer me up. Man alive, my baby keeps kicking my bladder and out of no where I feel like I could pee my pants! The pregnancy has made a turn. Suddenly my feet hurt almost all the time and I'm swollen almost everyday. Not major swelling, but enough to make me notice. I know I still have it REALLY good, but things just aren't as COMFORTABLE as they were, say, 2 weeks ago?

Lately all these bloggers have been blogging there CRAFTS and it gives me an itch to decorate. Ah, but I just don't want to get myself into something that's not gonna work. But then I see these fabulous projects they've accomplished and I look at my plain house and think, "Oh what I could do!" I think I'm gonna start gettin' into it. Well, we'll see. That would be better to occupy my time. Tonight I had time and was itchin' to watch more Prison Break which I had SWORN off forever. Thank goodness I looked forever at All Things Thrifty. Is that what it's called? It was amazing and gave me so many ideas. Also, I haven't been feeling quite so broke these days. Greg's last pay check was a lot more than I expected so that's nice. I don't feel RICH or anything, but I finally feel secure and good about all our finances. It's been a long time since I could say that. And I really like to say that. I'm a little obsessive about the need to feel fine about it. But I suppose it works out better that way. We WAY over budgeted for our monthly expenses and now it looks like Greg's getting a little more than expected, so our BUFFER is better than I thought it would be, which makes me feel better. It's been weird, Greg getting to know other cops at the academy. People that eat out all the time and buy coffee all the time. New cars, remodeling their homes. It be one thing if it was just ONE of those, but it's ALL of them combined! And I just think, "Really? Don't you realized how much money you're spending? How forever long you're going to be in debt because of your lifestyle?" It's silly we forget that we're actually good with our money ('cause I'm always thinking we could be a little better). But at the same time, I can't think of a soul that is cheaper than us. I can't think of a soul that even equals our cheapness.

I'm gonna make bread for the first time with a friend of mine named Barbara. She's in the ward and brought me all those baby clothes. By the way, another girl in the ward gave me a box of things. We have so much stuff now!!! And Greg's cousin Heidi have us her stroller and car seat and they are NICE!!! I can't believe the blessings that have come. So much has been given to us and it is a nice burden lifted when I see all the things we, now, won't have to buy. It's a lot of stuff!!! I feel really blessed. Well, I'm going to bed. Wish me a happy week!!!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah...All Things Thrifty will do that to you. That site is SERIOUSLY what gave me the courage to do all the stuff I've been doing. I am excited to see if you're going to do some stuff! I know it's not your favorite to do things like that but you might be surprised! Sorry you're in the uncomfortable zone of pregnancy now. Sounds frustrating. That's so nice that you're feeling so good about finances. It's always nice when you realize you're saving more than expected! Well- I hope you have a fantastic week! I love you!!! Call or email if you have any questions about projects or anything- I would love to help (in the minimal way I can...wish I lived closer!!)

Courtenay Beth said...

:) Have a happy week megan! :) You are so lucky that you have been getting baby stuff from people, what a blessing, all the little (and Big) things really add up!

Kristi M. said...

The funny thing about projects is that all of them don't always pan out so be prepared for some doozies. But it is fun to do and even better if you can find a way to do it cheaply. So awesome that you have all the free stuff. It really does help.

HeidiT said...

Ah, you made me scared about what is to come for my pregnancy because just last week I started getting the crazy pee your pants feeling and my fingers and feet are swelling. If I've been up and going all day my wedding ring doesn't even fit on somedays! And your like 8 wks ahead of me, crap, what am I in for?
I hear ya on the spending money thing - I listen to my employees complain at work about how they need more hours for more money and I just think, well then stop spending your money on all of these stupid things!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Mom said she's going to bring her camera with her so she can take a pic of you- I'm really excited. Swollen feet is awful, my chemo made my feet swell sometimes, I felt like my feet were going to burst when i walked (sometimes) - it's a weird feeling. I wish you didn't live so far so i coudl help you with the decor. Ok- so good will finds- the mirror and table I got were at a garage sale. You can find much better deals at garage sales- they are listed on craigs list- Friday night, look up the list of garage sales, map them out- and then go Saturday morning, and hit the road! You will find GREAT finds for so cheap, and I never ask how much, I always say, "I'll take this for 5" or whatever price. Unelss there's a price tag on it. Because like you said- goodwill can be expensive. Also, craigslist you can find cheap things. Go that route rather than thrift stores. And the crafting- for me, I dn't enjoy painting, but I enjoy seeing a crappy thing turned beautiful and in style! That's teh part I like. So- yeah, you have to put some work into it, it's not all fun, but the finisehd project is SO fun! And that's what gets you addicted, and pretty soon, you'll start to get an eye for things- you'll be able to envision things, adn see fabric and furniture in a different way. One thing that helps is to look at furniture and squint your eyes, and imagine what color you want- sometimes squinting you're eyes helps to focus and envision the imaginary. that sounded really hippy- but it's the truth! You can do that with fabrics- like- put them together on a table, and squint, and see if something sticks out to you in teh blur- and don't look at the big picture, just take one project at a time, don't think about the entire house, or room, take an area in a room, and think "I'd like a side table, there," or- "I'd like a book shelf there" and look for it- and decorate it, beore you knwo it, gradually a room will get done. I love you! What area, do you live in, I can look up things on craigslist for you- I love doing that.

Emily said...

Gotta love those swollen feet.

I hope you have a happy week! Get crafting, that will make the time go by. I tend to start projects and then never finish them. Ugh.

Love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I am so happy people have been giving you things. And you are right, the only way to pay people back is to help others. I'm glad you over budgeted. I am not ever worried about you or Greg in the debt department! As hard as it is to share your weekends, it will come to an end and you will say wow!that went by fast. I love you!!