Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Why Oh Why
I have crippled myself. I am laying here with my feet elevated, and one on ice. I really wish I didn't have to go to class tonight. I don't want to walk across the parking lot. The sister missionaries called me out of the blue and wanted me to go on a visit with them. I was excited. I hadn't gone out with the missionaries in years and I used to go with them all the time, before I got married. We drive up, we say a prayer and as I get out of the car I'm feeling a little unsure footed. We were really close to the curb and the road was tilted. I shut the door and take one step and WHOOSH! Down I go. I hear this lovely SNAP (my ankle) on the way down too. I was in shock at how quickly I was on the ground. Thankfully I fell in a "safe" way and I wasn't worried for a second about the baby, but I was in so much pain I went into complete shock. First, I'm completely embarrassed. Embarrassed I fell, embarrassed I'm making so much fuss over an ankle. I really wanted to cry and was trying to decide what to do. A strong part of me wanted to go back home, but here we were at the woman's house ready to go teach. A part of me was afraid to go home, because then I'd be alone. But I didn't want to distract from the whole visit if I continued to be overwhelmed by my pain. My hearing went fuzzy and I started to black out a little (this has happened one other time in my life). I sat in the car and they got ice for me. Probably 5 minutes passed and I started to feel "normal" again so we went and had our visit. I'm glad I stayed, it was a really nice visit, but now I'm at home and I can just hardly walk and I wish someone was here to take care of me. Greg's Mom is at Girl's Camp, so I can't call her. I have my birthing class tonight and don't feel like hobbling across the parking lot. My parent's just put a elevator in their house, I never thought I'd be so glad. I am NOT walking up their steps. Now that some time has passed, I'm feeling better. I just wanted to whine. I just hope I can walk normally again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ouch!! That does not sound good at all. You definately didn't need anything else to make your ankle bigger or more uncomfortable. You not that far away from being done.
Oh dear. I wish I was there with you. Sigh. I'm so sorry. That is so awful. I'll call you tomorrow. Love you.
Man- mom just told me about this! CRAZY! I really hope it is just a bad sprain and not BROKEN! And I'm realy hopin you can still come over! I am sooo excited to see you. I love you!
I'm glad you were withthe missionaries when it happened- I didn't know how ti happened- we skipped that part. i'm so sorry you are in pain. I laughed when you said the elevator comment- ha- love you-
Post a Comment