September 3rd Greg had his 27th birthday. It was a Friday and he happened to get out early from the Academy so he made it home for a nice dinner out at The Mediterranean. Pat and Randy took us out and Mike and Amy drove down as well! It was great! We loooooove this restaurant. It's our favorite. It was so nice getting some extra time with Greg for his birthday. Sometimes the weekends are so rushed.
It's a Greek restaurant and there was a belly dancer! It was cool but a little uncomfortable at the same time. It was pretty funny, because you would see these older couples and the men would have these ridiculous expressions like they couldn't stop smiling and staring at this woman. It was so inappropriate, but lots of men were doing it. Then before we knew it she had dollar bills sticking out of her outfit. So Randy had Amy and I give her some.
I felt so awkward putting money in her skirt. I felt like I was at a strip joint. But we couldn't stop laughing. Then it was home for some dessert and presents!!!
This was the best. Amy always has the most creative and hilarious ideas. One night we stayed at Amy and Mikes and we saw this ridiculous horror film from the 70's. The peak of the whole movie this guy gets stabbed right in the crotch and we've been joking about it ever since.
It was hilarious and Greg loved it. Mike and Amy got to see our house for the first time, which was cool and Saturday we went garage sale hopping. Mike and Amy were such good sports. We ended up finding this fabulous deal on a monsterous couch and it ended up taking hours to decide we wanted it and then to haul it away. I felt bad that it took up most of the day, but then we all relaxed and watched a movie on a HUGE t.v at home. Pat and Randy spontaneously bought a big t.v at the same garage sale, but they have no where to put it yet. So we're just babysitting it for them, until they can bring it home. Lucky for us. We watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Is that what it's called? It was hilarious. I absolutely loved it. They went to church with us the next day and then the boys went back to Salem and Amy stayed behind to hang with me for a week, before the baby comes, and throw my baby shower. We all know THAT didn't happen- but I'll get to that later. She DID help me decorate my house a little and I'm so glad! The more time passed, the more overwhelmed I became at where to begin with decorating. Amy has a really good eye for things. She's really quick and loves to design things like that. I really wanted some color or SOMETHING before the baby shower. We covered the mantel piece, which was my goal, so I was very happy we accomplished that. It's bright and artsy, just the way I like to be, if I can. Now I feel more confident to branch out from here. Now I'm gonna begin my HUGE POST all about the baby and my labor. It's gonna be big and it's gonna have details. If you don't want details, then maybe you should skim it or skip paragraphs all together. There will be some definite crotch talk. So long!
6 comments:
Sounds like a fun birthday weekend, So nice that you got to spend so much time together.
I can't wait to hear more about the baby and see more pics of her adorable little face! And don't worry - I'll read every detail, I am SO not informed about the actual delivery since many people I know had c-sections and I'm not taking any classes about it. I definitely need to be educated on the matter :)
PAHAHHA- crotch talk. I can't wait!
Looks so fun! I am so loving Amy's present. That's hilarious.
You shoudl take pics of the decorations. I'm very interested! I love you so much!
I'm very excited for all the gory details.
Okay, Amy is so funny. Love you.
Happy Birthday Greg!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! I love the crotch stab your sister made for Greg--and I LOVE the perfect shot you got of him cracking up!!! By the way, his hair looks awesome short in these two last posts. Anyway, I'm loving catching up on your blog! Congratulations AGAIN on sweet baby Scarlet!
Crazy blog, loved Greg's faces! I am so glad you and Amy are so close. I think you should post the whole labor thing before it gets too far behind you and you will forget some of the things that happened. Love you!
Post a Comment