I'm so excited to have this baby! I was basically having a freak out attack every other day for a few weeks, now, but ever since last night I've just felt READY and like it's TIME. I'm excited to have a little baby with round cheeks. I feel like she'll have round cheeks. I have another ultrasound in a week and I can't wait to see what she looks like. I hope we get a good picture. And hopefully it show that we can keep her inside a little while longer. I'm also excited to not be pregnant. I really feel like I've been SOOOOO blessed through this pregnancy. Whether it's a one time deal or my body is just blessed to breeze through the process, I am grateful. I don't want to get her out 'cause "I just can't take it anymore"- I'm just excited to get out and be more active! I've never been so motivated to work out. I know I won't be able to for awhile, but time flies so fast now, it will be here soon enough and I can put her in the stroller and go on walks. I miss being outside SO MUCH. It's always too hot and I'm too tired to do anything outside anyway. There's a work out group at church, three times a week, that I went to once, but then it was just too early to wake up. But I'm pretty sure I'll be awake in the mornings, now so as long as the timing of it works out, I'm thinking I could start going and get on a walk routine with a friend or two for the off days. That would be AWESOME!!! I really wanna get my body in gear. I was in really good shape before the pregnancy and it felt SO GOOD and I had so much energy. I just wanna get back to that. So hopefully I can make it happen.
I can't believe I'm gonna be breast feeding in a couple weeks. Another weird first. So many firsts approaching. By the way, we're naming her Scarlett. I suppose we should discuss the spelling before she actually arrives. We've had the name picked out for a LONG time, but didn't want to DECIDE until we met her- but it's probably what it will be. So, being her name will be Scarlett, makes us want to go with a RED theme in her room, which I'll get to sometime after she's here. We really like the name. I like how it's classic and very feminine. And no, it has nothing to do with Scarlet Johansson. If anything, I used to think about Scarlett O'Hara, but now it's just become her. The little baby in my womb. We were going to wait to tell people 'till after she arrives, but it's seems a pretty for sure thing, so here ya go.
16 comments:
AWESOME! I figured it'd be that. That was the name you always said first. K- your nesting is CRACKING ME UP! I laughed outloud when you said not everyone has such strong desires to wipe down every light switch! hahahhaha- that is true! I love hearing about all your phases. I'm sooo excited to see her. She is gonna be so awesome I just can't wait! I love you!!!
Such a cute name and I thought of Scarlett O'Hara first two when you mentioned it. Discussing the spelling ahead of time is probably a good idea I discovered with Brecken. It does make for good discussion in the hospital though. You are totally nesting. About a week before Gunnar was born, I was washing sliding doors and pulling weeds in my flower beds. Brecken's I think happened months prior to the end. However I am going crazy attacking parts of my house again. I told Jeff it is either nesting but I am not pregnant or spring cleaning but it is not spring. I can't wait to see your sweet baby and read about your experience. Oh ya, breastfeeding...a whole new ball game. Just remember to not give up and keep going.
Wiping down light switches!! hahaha!! You are awesome :D I love her name! I thought of Scarlett O'Hara, too. I really like it, it's unique and yet classy, ya know? I can't believe you're soooo close to actually holding that little lassie!
I love the name Scarlett, it's so you! Adorable!
The night i started labor with easton I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom, sweeping, mopping, everything. I love nesting.
I'm so excited for you!!!!!!
Breast feeding. Ugh.
oh my gosh this post has made me so excited. scarlet- as soon as you made it official it made me want to make you red things- had I known it was official- I could haev done a red themed baby shower-but that's ok. I love her name so much- I wish I could name my daughter scarlett. because of scarlett o hara ofcourse. love you! can't wait to see you!
I love the name Scarlett. It's so beautiful and cute at the same time. I hope she has dark hair like you. You were the cutest baby.
Nesting. I always got so much done at the end of my pregnancy. I would go and go and go and my body would be screaming at me to stop. I would get so frustrated with my un-cooperating body.
Love you. Excited for your wee one to come.
I'm still waiting for the nesting to start, so far I have been very unmotivated. I can't believe you got so much done - way to go!
How fun that you have a name,I think it makes it so much more personal when you can call her that in the womb. And I love the idea of a red room, so fitting.
Yea Im so excited for you...hmm nesting wish my body allowed me to do that but im usually so big I cant hardly move....cant wait to meet her and Scarlett is a beautiful name.
I just asked Brad if I "nested", because I couldn't remember if I had. He laughed and said, "yeah, babe...we moved...to a new NEST"!! Hahaha...I totally forgot!! I realized that our "nest" wasn't going to work for me, so I decided one day that we were moving! hahaha...so funny to think about! I don't remember even running it by Brad, I think I just told him I had found a new place and it was time to pack! He was so easy going about it too...what a keeper :)
Anyway...
Glad you are doing so well....can't wait to meet little Scarlet!!!
I love the name and I can believe you're nesting. It is such a real thing when you are at the end of the pregnancy. I always got very organized, and everything was spotless. I am so excited for you to have her and you have waited a long time for her. I can' think of how excited you are. I hope she looks just like you used to, you had such a flower face. I thought you were the cutest baby ever. Love you see you wed hugs
I think Scarlett is lovely. Of course I'm a big Gone with the Wind fan. Nesting is really weird isn't it. A huge blessing actually, because you won't have any energy or time to clean after your little girl comes. I'm sorry you don't have your bag yet. I promise I'll get it to you in a few weeks. I love you.
I remember re-arranging my entire office. Including moving my huge desk, John's desk and a huge bookcase to boot. Don't worry, I did it all sitting on the floor and pushing with my feet and back so that I wouldn't strain too much. lol Totally get the cleaning stuff.
And Umm Scarlett would be on my like top list of favorite names. LOOOOOVE IT. You terd. Of course I'm writing this as you are in labor today because I heard you FINALLY told us her name on your blog so here I am. heheh.
Good luck sweetie and push push push! I suppose the baby shower is cancelled?! lol
congrats on your baby!! I read on amy's blog and just wanted to wish you well!! what a blessing! -- sarina
LOVE the name Megan! I thought of Scarlet O'hara before Johansen if that makes you feel better. A totally classic name. I am so excited for you and now I am realizing this post was 10 days ago.. so did you have her yet? Good luck! can't wait to see pics of your little princess!!
Congrats Megan! She is absolutely beautiful!! I love all her hair.
I can't believe how long your labor was, over three times as long as both of mine combined. You are amazing!! I hope you recover quickly and that you and Greg enjoy your time with your sweet baby girl.
Nesting...I was a big nester. It is one of those crazy things about being pregnant! I love Scarlets name. I wonder if the easy pregnancy was because you were going to have such a nightmare delivery! Who would have known. My RS pres said her labors were like that! I hope you only have one like that! love you!!!
Post a Comment