Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Purple Mouth

So our baby girl got some Thrush. If you don't know what that is, it's a fairly common infection babies get in their mouths. The medicine is this INTENSE purple ointment you see. It was so intense it made me feel like it was part of a Halloween costume or something. Greg thought she looked like Heath Ledger in The Patriot when that girl stained his teeth with ink.
She is exactly 4 weeks old here. When she has an upset tummy she likes to lay on my lap like this.

13 comments:

Emily said...

I am dying at her smiley, blue mouth. I have never seen a tiny baby smile so much!! You look great by the way!

Danielle said...

hahaha- that purple mouth! Crazy! She is so precious. I love her laying on yoru lap like that. And I LOVE that she is so smiley!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I think it is so cool how she smiles all the time. I agree with Greg. But she looks so cute. Do you think its possible for her to not look cute? I love her little tummy feel better position. I love her and you!!

Mel D said...

Ugh, the fight against thrush is a pain. We tried a different medicine before the gentian violet. (I finally bullied the doctor into giving me half a dozen diflucan.) I was tired of passing it back and forth! I kinda like the purple mouth. =)

She is such a BEAUTIFUL baby!!

Kristi M. said...

I love how her mouth matches that blanket. Too funny.

Rebecca said...

I can't believe she is 4 weeks old. I'm so sorry she has thrush. You and Lizzie and your kids, if we've had it ever, it's been once. I think it was Anna. The blue mouth picture is a hoot. Love you so much.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I LOVE that purple picture! So funny! Love it! She is so cute! She looks like such a happy good girl. I love the ones of her on your lap too. love you! thanks for posting!

Jill said...

hehe! Love it! The purple mouth picture almost looks like she has a mouth guard in, like a little tiny football player! ;o)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Soooo Cute! Such a smiley face. Perfection is named Scarlet. Hugs and kissed

Rochelle said...

That's hilarious!

Stephanie said...

Love all the smiley pics of your wee lil princess. Love the lil purple mouth... too cute.
Ummmm, reading the last couple posts... girl you look wonderful. Seriously.
Congrats on having 'daddy' home (meaning local) full time now.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMY AND MIKEY said...

I was hoping for new pictures, so I just looked at all the pictures all over again. She is SOoooooooo cute. I think she gets cuter every time I look at the pictures! how is that possible?! But it is! I swear she is cuter every time I look at her! I doon't know why, but i love the ones of her on your lap, on her tummy- she just looks so cute.