Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bath Time

Scarlet LOVES to play on this mat. I bought little rings at Target to lower the toys and she plays with them for a good 20 minutes each time I put her down. It's fun to watch her. She keeps getting a little bit more control each time. It's so fun that she can play now. She's much more interactive when I play with her feet or hands. I'll sing little primary songs with actions and she likes it. Of course, sometimes she just looks away and spaces out, but sometimes she gets really into it. I LOVE this girl!!!



Her first bath. So, Scarlet's little belly button didn't heal until she was 2 months!!!! It just lingered on forever. So we couldn't bathe her until recently. I was SOOOOO excited. But I found it's a little more complicated than I thought. One of my friends said she just uses the big sponge and it works great for her, but I think I'm gonna get one of those mini baths, after all. She doesn't really fit in the sink and that's only going to get worse. Normally she loves baths, which is why I wanted to film it. She was so quiet and peaceful for her first one in the hospital and for all her sponge baths she'd get so quiet and happy when I'd run her hair under the faucet. She just really loves to be in the water. But this bath didn't go as well. These clips are all really short.

6 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that was soooooo cute, dad and just laughed and smiled and loved them. thank you sooooooo much, we love the pics and videos!
Excited to see you, Greg and Scarlet!!!! love you

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I haven't checked on your blog lately, but I did tonight and walla a lot of pictures of the baby and we loved it poppi and I, it was such fun. She is getting more plump, and she is soooo CUTE!!! Congrats to Greg, that was grandpa's calling for a lot of years. He loved it. I love you and the picture with the wild hair I loved. Hugs and kisses and thanks for posting

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh- i bust out laughing when she was just staring at you in teh first one of the baths- she looks like she's thinking "what are you doing?" or "this is such a waste of my time" she just was making the funniest face- I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She is so funny and cute- I love her! thankyou so much for posting all of these- I thouht I'd check again tonight- but figured you probably wouldn't have posted this soon- I'm so happy you did!

Danielle said...

she is so cute. I love her facial expressions. I love how chill she is. SO CUTE! I am so excited to meet her. LOVE YOU!

Emily said...

My goodness, I don't check one day and then BAM, all this new stuff! Oh man, her hair is killer. I love it so much. Those videos are so cute, too. She looks so content and relaxed in the bath. I love how alert she is with her bright eyes wide open. SO CUTE!!!!!

I'm so sorry about the nursing. You are a trooper to go through all that.

I love you!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie said...

Just caught up on your blog. thanks for all the videos. It does make me feel like i know her a little. aren't those bumbos and swings GREAT. I have both here, so she can use those while she's here. elle is too big for them.

she is so so so beautiful.

sorry about the nursing. it didn't work with tanner, but it's worked great for the others. hopefully you will too. love you