Saturday, November 20, 2010

In Love

I'm absolutely inlove with my little girl. She just gets better everyday! She completely sleeps through the night, in her crib, basically puts herself to sleep and just wakes up around 5am to eat and then goes right back down. I LOVE IT!!! I'll love it even more when she wakes up at 8am, but I'll count my blessings now. I just thought it would be harder, not that waking up to feed her isn't hard- it's the hardest part of my day- but she's just so much easier than I ever imagined. At my nanny job, I couldn't get a one year old to put himself to bed or sleep longer than a half hour. So I was expecting a lot more trouble than this. We've just started putting her to bed the last few days and she'll cry 3 times and we run in and stick the pacifier in, but after that 3rd time she usually stays asleep! I love it! I don't know why we didn't do this earlier. I usually waited for her to fall asleep before putting her down, and then we'd have to tip toe around the room and hope we didn't wake her. This is so much better. We're starting to get into a routine. Not so much in the day time, but the night time is really getting regular and I'm seeing a promising future!!! Now if I can just get my buns out of bed I will really be loving my life!

Speaking of . . . went shopping yesterday to find I can't fit into certain stores anymore without squeezing into a shirt and seeing ROLLS. When did I get rolls? I've never had rolls! Anyway. Pretty depressing and embarrassing. Wanted to cry and then DID when I called Greg feeling really depressed. Anyway! My point is . . . I joined Weight Watchers and I'm so happy I did. And I COMPLETELY was within my points today and worked out for an HOUR, which I'm not sure has EVER happened in my life. But, I want my body to look better. Anyway, I'm feeling better about things. And I'm happy to know if I follow the program, I will lose weight. Anyway, today was a great day.

Life has been so hard with getting a grip on things. Like I feel like I have a hold on the day around 3 pm. That's just too late to be getting started. By then, people are heading home and thinking about dinner and their husbands coming home. But I get up and feed Scarlet, and I'm always afraid she'll cry when I pump or shower so I really have to juggle that with when she HAPPENS to go to sleep. And lately her naps have been WAY shorter in the day- but I'm ok with that if she keeps sleeping so LONG in the night. I just need to get my buns up while she's still sleeping in the morning. Anyway, I've realized, I just need to do things while she's awake. If I wait 'till she's asleep, I won't be showered and fed until 2pm at the soonest and then I have no life. I'm sick of having no life and never leaving the house. Anyway, I'm feeling a lot of light, right now, realizing I can do things differently and I'm sure it's gonna work out. And worse case scenario, I can rip the pump off and run over to her, or hop out the of the shower or whatever. We're not gonna die, and most likely, I won't have to and she'll be fine when I have to be occupied for 20 minutes. Through this whole process, though I've loved it all and don't have regrets (except for some feeding things) I keep thinking, "I'll do it this way with the next one." But I suppose everyone does that. You just figure it out along the way.

I'm flying to California in a few days with Scarlet and I can totally picture her pooping out her pants mid-flight or worse, right when we load the plane so I can't get up and run to the bathroom. But is there a mini changing station in there or what? Do you just have to change diapers right there in your lap? How does it work out a plane? 'Cause if she poops it is going to be MESSY. She builds up for a few days and then it's like 2 bowls of soup were dumped in her outfit and it does NOT stay in her diaper. I don't wanna deal with that while two strangers on each side of me, not only SEEING this ugly mess, but SMELLING it. Well, let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

10 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I've started taking showers with Brecken in the bouncer in the bathroom with me. Life just needs to move forward even if he does start crying in it and I am not done. He'll be mad but he won't die from it. I had to change Gunnar on a plane once and you just figure it out in the little tiny bathroom. It is a challenge. Please do not do it in your seat. So not nice to the people around you. So glad that things are getting better for you.

Danielle said...

Hahhaha oh my gosh...the plane! I'm so nervous for you! I'm sure they'll understand...since she's so cute and all. I am sooooooooooooo excited to see you guys! I'm glad things are so good for you right now....I'm sure you'll get the hang of the shower thing soon. It all takes time, I'd imagine. I love you! So excited to see you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahahah oh my gosh- that was a funny image- you on the plane, inbetween 2 people with a smelly baby with poop everywhere- I couldnt' imagine- i'm just waiting for a great story when you get to Lizzie's. I'm so glad you love motherhood and that you love scarlet so much- I'm so glad everything is going so well. It makes me so excited for all of it. I love you! can't wait to see you"!

HeidiT said...

So glad to hear a successful sleeping story - there is hope for me :) I agree with the starting your day at 3PM thing. There are so many days I have thought "wow I would be done with work in an hour already but instead I am sitting here in my burped on PJ's with a kid asleep in my arms!" I learned within a few weeks that I felt much better about my day if I got a shower in before Ren left or just stuck Cami in the bouncer in the room while I showered in the morning. Like you said - even if they cry the whole time they won't die and you will feel much better!

Rochelle said...

We're all flying to Hawaii in Feb. What to do when two 2yr olds poop their pants. Gross! They smell BAD...let us know how it goes and how you did it. I never thought about it before.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I thought I had commented on this but I guess I didn't. I love you and I hope she doesn't poop, it isn't too long of a flight, so maybe you'll get lucky. Pray for her to poop when you get to the airport. Good luck. Hugs and Kisses

greg&sarina said...

just had to comment - we traveled a bunch from california to oregon, kansas, colorado, on a plane when my oldest was a baby... i definitely threw away a onesie in an airport bathroom because the poop blowout was so bad! another mom saw me struggling and said "oh, i remember those days" you might want to have a change of clothes on hand for you, too - just in case - although i am used to boys spraying me when they get changed! have fun!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I loved your blog, I am so glad you and Scarlett are figuring things out. I remember trying to figure out a schedule and then after a couple of babies I came to realize it takes about til they are about 6 months old to get a good schedule going. Babies are very time consuming. Once I accepted that my house and life would be chaotic until 6 months, then things got better. I love my hair and have had complements. I am glad you are liking WW's. Hope the new program works well for you. If you have any questions call me! love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

why didn't you post about the blessing????

Danielle said...

CUTE CUTE! new picture up top of blog! Love it!