Saturday, February 5, 2011

Eck

My sinuses hurt, I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night. I was bad and didn't go to bed until 2 am, but then I couldn't sleep until 3 am. Then Greg came home at 4 am. Then Scarlet woke up at 5 am. Thank goodness she went back to sleep and woke up at 8 am???? Not sure. So, it was a pretty interrupted sleep last night. Scarlet has just been crabby the last couple days. Not sleeping well at all, barely taking her naps and has a tiny temperature. So she's just been tired, crabby and not very self-entertaining a lot of the last 2 days. So I'm kinda cranky too. These days when Greg works are just draining! It just builds and builds and then WHAMO- Sunday happens. Sundays suck. Is that a horrible thing to say? I would totally be inactive, if I didn't have my calling, which I love. First of all, church starts an hour before Scarlet and I even wake up for the day. So that puts a damper in my mood and messes up her schedule right from the start. Then she's passed around and falls in and out of sleep all through church, as I'm busy during Primary. Then church ends and I'm tired and want to rush home to Greg, who is just waking up. But everyone in the hall wants to stop and talk to me about how cute Scarlet is and how big she's getting, which is fine, but it's always when I'm carrying the car seat carrier and that thing is HEAVY!!!! So I just walk two steps at a time, and someone stops me again and I just hold that heavy thing. Sometimes I think I should just sit her down and just talk to everyone and wait 'till everyone leaves AND THEN pick her up to go home. It's so sad, because Sunday's used to be such a treat and now I get home and think, "There is so much time left in the day!" How will I bear this? And I long for Monday, because Greg has the day off and has barely been in the house the last 3 days, but really Greg has to sleep 'till almost dinner on Mondays so it's not like I get a break there either. ARGH!!!! Anyway. I think, if I was well slept and fed, I wouldn't be so cranky. But I am.

9 comments:

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Welcome to motherhood! It was a lot of years until I could actually take the Sacrament and feel the spirit! Church was an act of obedience. I think that is one reason I loved Young Womens, for one hour I could be away from my responsibilities and feel the spirit! I think that is probably one of the reasons I loved girls camp also, a week with the spirit, not diapers,etc. It's all worth it as you already know!! love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Sorry things have been hard- it doesn't sound like it's going to change any time soon! love you-

Andrew said...

Megan I feel your Pain there are somedays when I ask myself why am I doing this its so much work it gets a little easier when they go to nursery but even better when they start dressing them selves!!! I have to say there are still days when I just want to rebel and sit in my Jammies.. but off I go and find my self glad that I did!!! The whole husband on the different schedule sucks to Andrew has been on nights since October and doesnt go back to days for 2 more weeks... so its just me and the kids during the day he gets helps with lunch they go down for nap and he gets ready for work!!! We just have to remember that Heavenly Father loves us and knows what we need I have to say Without that Knowledge I would Probably be Psychotic by now!!!
Hope everything gets better!
Sari

Danielle said...

I'm sorry- sounds super hard. I hate not getting sleep. Love you!

Kristi M. said...

Heidi and I were just talking about this very thing yesterday. She was mentioning how she just ends up walking the halls or sitting in the mother's room nursing the entire time with Camden, so why be at church. Your mom is right...totally an act of obedience. It wasn't until Gunnar was in nursery when I could actually pay attention and feel the spirit and then I just had to go and have another baby to start at square one again. Just by going, it also taught Gunnar what church was and what to expect from it. Could you imagine not going to church until your kids were what you thought "old enough" and expect them to sit through church and be reverent. They would have no clue because they hadn't been going the entire time. I'm pretty sure every mother can relate. :)

Aliese the Writer said...

I am so sorry. That sounds so horrible. I hope that this week you can feel better soon. I love you! :)

HeidiT said...

Like Kristi said, I was just complaining of this very thing this weekend. I get very little time actually being in class learning during church - I totally know how you feel. The schedule thing stinks too, hang in there!

Emily said...

Oh man, no sleep takes it's TOLL I can tell you. I'm sorry Megs. I feel the same way about Sundays. Not relaxing or spiritual at all. My least favorite day of the week actually.

I hope Scarlett feels better soon. Whenever anything disrupts the schedule it seems like it will never get better, but it always does. Try to get some rest!

Love you!

Oh, and she is gorgeous. if I were in your ward I would stop and tell you that too.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so sorry Megs and I feel your frustation. It is hard the first few years. Just hang in there it will get better. Hope this week is better for you. I remember when Jen was a baby and grandpa worked swing shift, which is 3 to 12 and I hated it!!! He wasn't there for dinner and we could never go to anything because he was always working. I love you so much and I promise it is worth it. Hugs and kisses