Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some Pics

I am so exhausted. Why do I do this? My lovely baby is ASLEEP. She'll probly sleep 'till 7am, WHICH MEANS I am almost guaranteed 8+ hours of sleep! Why don't I take it? Something is wrong with me. I've been tired for over an hour, since I put her down, but instead I practiced the piano for an hour and now I'm online blogging. WHAT AM I DOING?!

Anyway. My lovely sister, Amy, came to visit me last week. I was so glad. I've been wanting her to come visit FOREVER. Amy and I are pretty much as close as it gets and when I hold my sweet girl I just think, "I can't believe Amy is missing this!" I'm so glad she got to come. As I love, it seems every time I visit one of my sisters- we don't do anything. We simply hang out all day long in our pajamas and talk through out the day. Those are my favorite kind of days. And that's how it was when Amy came. Oh man, so Scarlet was barely fitting into her clothes (and I swear I just pulled them out! they grow so fast!!!!) Ok, so I was given a bunch of clothes from people in the ward, but I wasn't CRAZY about them and I still needed more so I fished around on good ol' craigslist and look what I found-

I hit that jackpot. 78 pieces for $55.
When I say perfect condition, I mean PERFECT condition. How do some babies NOT stain clothes? I don't understand it. But this was the cleanest baby on the planet because these clothes are practically brand new.

Except . . . . one thing.

Oh man. Here we go. So I see the deal on Craigslist and am really excited and before I even brush my teeth, Amy and I jet over there because I don't want anyone else to get it. So I walk in and BAM!!! They smoke. I didn't even think to ask. But suddenly I was there, so I go through the motions and look at the clothes and they are amazing. So before I know it I'm handing her the money and take off with the clothes. Then before I get back in the car, I remember, "Oh yeah." And I take out the clothes and smell them. I toss one to Amy and ask her if it smells like smoke. We inhale the little onsies and decide it's not too bad. So I get in the car and within minutes on the road, I'm smelling the clothes. Panic sets in. I can't tell you how many times I put my face in my hands and expressed, "What did I DO!!!!! I just burned 50 bucks! I just bought a bag of clothes she'll never wear! What am I going to tell GREG!!!" Then the wonder, should we just turn back? How embarrassing. What to do? Well, I call my Mom and she thinks we can wash it out. Long story short, after my never ending remorse (I mean hours of my talking about my worry and regret every 15 minutes) it washed out! Can you believe it? I was so happy. And now she's stylin'! This was our favorite outfit.
Greg's on a new shift again. His training was extended for another 5 weeks, unless they decide he's ready before then. Poor guy, he's so tired. I didn't know anyone could fall asleep, balancing on their hand.

Is she cute or what?
She just keeps getting bigger and more coordinated and it's really miraculous to watch! It's pretty ridiculous, she does something she's never done before, and suddenly I'm crying.
I just love her.
Parenthood is just a constant wave. One hour I just want some PEACE and think, "UH! STOP CRYING!!!!" And I just feel MAD. Then time passes and she's asleep in my arms, or I've eaten or had a quick break and suddenly I think she's the best thing that ever happened and my life just couldn't be better and realize how stupid it was to be angry.
Right after I took these pics, I looked at them and thought, "What the heck! She is not this fat!" But each pic I take of her she just looks like a little chubbster! She's a cutie!


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, I just wanna eat those cute cute cheeks! She is growing up so fast... ack! Great find on the clothes... so glad they washed out.

Danielle said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I'm so glad that smoke smell came out! It probably just smelled like that for the mere fact that they were sitting in the house. But yeah- once they were washed, awesome. I'm glad Amy got to go visit. That sounds soooo fun. I'm jealous! I wanna sit around in pajamas and talk and kiss Scarlet's cheeks! Love you sooo much. Thanks for posting.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

She is soooo cute!! I love looking at her! I love your new clothes also! Babies, yes they are amazing and exhausting. They are so cute and frustrating all at the same time. I think Heavenly Father put in some special thing though that makes us melt whenever we see them! love you!!

Jill said...

She just looks like a chubby little Cabbage Patch baby to me, and I want to keep her.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh this post just put a big smile on my face. Ahhh these pics are torture- they make me want to get in my car and drive over again. I had such a good time. I forgot the hair story! I will have to blog that before i forget! Thos pics of scarlet are soooooo cute- Uhhhhh she is so cute. Such an easy smiler. Oh and I made teh cruch wraps tonight- and Mike loved them! love you!

Aliese the Writer said...

Those are so cute! My Mom exclaims that she is just as fat as we were every time you post pictures. :)

Kristi M. said...

Smoke smell is the worst. Thank goodness it washed out. The little zebra pants are so cute!