I already posted this, but it's my favorite picture of her!
She loves to stand up. It makes her really happy.
Greg got a little keychain from work. Perfect size for Scarlet to "pack."
A couple weeks ago Greg miraculously had 4 days off in a row, without court or grand jury or anything! So we drove up to see Amy and Mike before they moved to San Diego. The trip was what it was. Scarlet doesn't travel well. But I don't see how any kid can, unless they love to drive for some reason. She just feels confined, gets bored and doesn't like being alone in the back seat. She consistently can handle 45 minutes of awake time and then after that, forget about it. So it turned a 4 hour drive into a 6 hour drive, and that last hour was killer. It confirmed in my mind, that I will never travel alone- atleast at this age of her life. Forget about it. Sometimes I feel bad turning people down for visits, but now I don't at all. It's hard enough with one of us in the back seat feeding her and singing to her while the other one drives. ANYWAY. Along one of our many stops, she had some wonderful firsts.
The sucker. She was Miss Grabby Grabby and couldn't keep her hands off our food until Greg saw these suckers in the distance. Viola! Now she was focused and kept to herself.
She sucked on this thing for a long time until she accidentally tossed it on the floor and it smashed into a bunch of little pieces.
She also had her first french fry. Well, she licked it, anyway.
So many wonderful firsts. We let her try anything now. I used to be Mrs. Paranoid but it is swiftly leaving. But I've been realizing . . . Scarlet hasn't gotten sick ONCE. Her worst fever was 99 degrees in which she gets a little grumpy and just needs to be held all the time. That's happened twice. Listening to other Moms, wow- we've gotten really lucky. So should I congratulate myself on my paranoid ways that saved us from sickness? Or does she just have my good genes and won't ever really get sick, because that's how I've been my whole life. We'll see. Anyway, I think it's pretty cool that she's 7 months this week and has never been sick. Can you BELIEVE she's been around 7 months? That is CRAZY!!!! That is a long time!
Scarlet and Mike
Scarlet and Amy
Poor Amy threw out her back and so she could only hold Scarlet so much after that.
On the way home we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's. She loves Grandpa.
Back home.
Uh, I don't even wanna talk about this. But I must. I'm trying to show all the scrapes on my neck. They were also all over my arms. Infact, I cut my finger to the point of needing a BANDAID and I was even wearing gloves!!!
It is so ugly. That pretty much sums it up.
See the incredible bush on the left? That is what it looked like last summer. I've never touched the thing because it was such a beast I didn't know where to begin. But a year later, something had to be done.
I worked on this thing for over 2 HOURS and it still looks like this. A piece of weedy crap in my front yard.
I wanted to just "trim" it, but it was so thick and dense it was just impossible! Before I knew it, I'd gotten in so far I just had to take the whole thing. I want to just dig it up, but um . . . I'd have to be a giant to have the strength to do that. I had no where to put all of the grass so I threw it behind the fence.
Do you see all of this? The fence is taller than me. This pile is unreal.
Needless to say, after wasting my life for 2 hours, making my front yard that much uglier- I decided to get a hedge trimmer. Wow. I love that thing. Totally worth the buy. So even though I hated this experience, it brought me to that.
On to happier things-
Seriously a cutie.
So she'll have these days where she moves and hangs out on her tummy TONS and we think, "Wow, she's gonna be crawling soon!" Then she will hate being on her stomach and hardly do it for days. She yet has the ability or drive to roll over. I don't have much hope for it. She's done it twice, and that's probably all we're gonna get.
I love to see this girl stand. I just think it is the CUTEST thing. Just seeing her little body top to bottom. I don't know. Just seeing how miniature she is. I love it. I love her.
9 comments:
hah she is SO CUTE. She is sosoooo stinkin smiley! I love it! She just seems like so proud of herself in some pictures. SO cute. Man- that whole yard endeavor! Sounds horrid! and Painful!
The pics of Scarlet and Grandpa and Grandma were cute. I bet they just loved seeing her.
Love you and miss you! Thanks for posting!!!
Scarlet is SO SO SO cute. She has that fattest little face that makes her smiles even cuter than they already are. I love how in every picture she is smiling. I love how active she is in the videos. It is so funny what she did with the sucker. I never thought of a baby eating a sucker before. So funny!
I am so sorry about that bush thing. It looks really awful. But the rest of the yard looks really good! It really looks pretty.
I love you so much!
I love all of your pictures of Scarlet! Especially the one when she is on her stomach and looks like she is trying really hard to push up! It is super cute!!! That bush sucks. I can't believe that you cut at it for two hours! That sounds so torturous!
I think I am coming some time in June. If I am able to come see you then it will probably just be me and Jett. It will depend on how the drive to Oregon goes and if I think that Jett will tolerate another day in the car. I wish you weren't so far away from Springfield. I really, really want to see you and meet Scarlet. So I will try and make it happen. I will call you when I have more details about specific dates.
She is so cute!! We are coming to grants pass this weekend. We are leaving tonight. We should try to get together. I would love to see your cute little baby!! Let me know!!
I gave Brecken a french fry last week and he proceeded to bite off large chunks and choke. That's what he gets when he shoves food in his mouth. Maybe she will skip the rolling over, crawling thing. Gunnar practically did and went to walking at 13 months. Pampas grass gets HUGE! Makes me laugh that it was planted so close to the other two bushes because it ends up getting so big. I was actually going to suggest a hedge trimmer for it and then you mentioned you got one. That will make trimming it every fall so much easier. Before long it will be lush and green all over again.
OH my gosh both mike and I looked at all the pics and loved them. LOVE the videos. I'm so glad you post so many pics. I just love them. I laugh out loud when I see the really cute ones cause they just make me so happy. NOTE: MIke said that all those weeds you put in your back yard will make a perfect home for mice, and then they'll just dig into the siding of your house, over time if they stay there. So he said to get rid of it pronto. LOVE YOU! Keep the blogging up! Loved all of it! she is so darling and cute- and the pics of me are hideous.
Seeing her with that little gun keychain cracks me up -- that's so something Ren would do. I hope I never have to take a long drive with a baby, you confirmed all of my worst fears of how bad it would be! Ughh, good luck with the yard work stuff, not my cup of tea. But your house is so cute! And aside from the monstrous bush problem a really like the landscaping and the front of your house.
I love the pics and videos, I know I've said it before but THANK YOU!!! She is so cute! I love her standing too. All babies love my dad, it's a gift he has. The bush will probably grow back and be nice. I would love to see you with the hedger! I'm so glad you got to see Amy and Mike. I love and miss you!!
Oh man that bush totally sucks. But your house is so cute!!
French fries and a sucker all in one day...lucky girl! She's so cute Megs, I love the picture of her and your grandma.
It's hard to travel in the car when they are facing backwards. It's easier once they turn around and you can see them better.
Post a Comment