My sister made these cute little headbands for Scarlet, but they never stayed put. Well, when Scarlet was born her head was small so I thought, maybe they would fit better now. And they do! Yea! So I put one on her for a baby shower.
Pretty stinkin' cute!
Scarlet has been falling asleep holding her toys, lately, while riding in the stroller or car. I thought this was funny though because she hung on so tight her hand was hanging in the air for a good 15-20 minutes!
Trying to get myself in more pictures. You wouldn't really know I was alive from my photo albums. I figure some pictures are better than no pictures, even if I don't look so glamourous.
Things have been great. The females in my family are doing this little competition of healthy habits. We're all putting money in and whoever scores the highest wins the pot in 8 weeks. Well already I'm not doing NEARLY as well as I planned. But oh well, I'm doing better than I normally do in life, and that's the point right? That's more to me than the money, so I'm over it if I lose. But I'm still going to do it. Anyway, my point is, ALREADY I have learned the value of one healthy habit. Personal time. Break time. Among the goals we're SUPPOSED to do (sleep, veggies, scriptures) we are to make our OWN personal goal. Anything we want, it just has to be measurable. So mine is to have 15 minutes of ME time, atleast once a day. Whether it's reading a book, playing the piano or just laying on my bed and meditating- it just has to be me, uninterrupted time. 15 minutes that I'm enjoying 100%. Now that I'm DOING it, I realize how much I HAVEN'T been doing it. Weeks pass, and moments come when I feel pretty ragged and need a break. But I don't really know what to do with myself. I say to Greg, "I need a break!" And think, "I need to get out of here!" And he always says, "Ok," but I don't go anywhere because I don't want to be by myself. And what am I gonna do? Where am I gonna go? So I don't do ANYTHING. Anyway, this GOAL. I've been spending the time reading and it's been GREAT. It really balances out my day to spend some time on ME. So if nothing else, I'm really glad to be doing this goal thing, just to realize this in my life. Besides my goals, I've just been taking it easy the last couple days, and I think I'm going to tomorrow too. I MIGHT do some weeding, if I feel up to it. I just feel like I've been working nonstop and I'm going to rest. The crazy thing is, I can hardly think of things I've been doing. But it just seems I haven't been able to sit still. Once something is done, I just move on to the next thing I see. Organizing something. Returning that something that's been sitting on the desk for months. Replacing the light bulbs that went out. Never ending laundry. Cleaning. Making dinner. Pulling up weeds. Working on my church calling. I don't know, somehow it just takes up the day. So I emailed all my girlfriends to come over for a Girl's Night Potluck at my house in a couple weeks. I can't wait. That will be refreshing.
Scarlet has been sleeping like an angel the last few days. I feel like a broken record, saying that. But we had a rough few nights in a row, so it feels extra good to be sleeping in so much. I love her so much. She really is a sweety. Lately our routine is to go pick her up, once she wakes in the morning, and just bring her in bed with us. She'll look around for awhile and then fall back asleep for another half hour to two hours. I love it. I used to never understand how people could sleep with their kids. But I love it now. But I keep a little distance between us and keep her all bundled so she stays put. I think that helps me relax. Anyway, I just like being together.
I made this incredible Thai soup today. It was soooo tastey. I just love to eat delicious food. I just don't want to bother eating it if it isn't good. Scarlet LOVES smoothies. We've gotten into a habit of making green smoothies in the morning and Scarlet gobbles them up. We've been sort of "bad" in that we don't follow the "feed her one new thing every five days" or whatever. I think the first food we ever fed her was a smoothie, which had oranges, bananas, spinach and maybe something else. I guess we just figure we were fed the same way and haven't died. And WOW, what if she has an allergic reaction, we'll figure it out. Has anyone ever died of an orange reaction? I don't know. People just drive me a bit crazy with their "carefulness". I wish people would just relax.
Scarlet's pretty much a professional sitter now. She can sit forever and ever and if she falls, she doesn't SMACK her head on the ground anymore. It's nice. I can just put her anywhere and not worry about her now. It's great. Funny thing is, she still can't roll over. She did it those two times, weeks ago and hasn't since. We try to get her to do it and she'll try for a bit and give up real quick. She can do it with the smallest bit of help. I can't figure out if she just doesn't care or want to, or if she doesn't realize she CAN do it. It makes me wonder if she ever really will. Maybe she'll just skip that step.
I'm reading These is my Words and I LOOOOOOOOVE it. It took me a good 40 pages to get into it. But that's sort of the way I am. Probably because it took a good 40 pages to get a hint of a romance in there. Is it sad I need romance to keep my interest? C'mon. Doesn't it make everything better? I think so.
Is it crazy that I'm already thinking about the next baby? I keep getting these fleeting thoughts, "Well why don't we just get pregnant now? Is it really as crazy as it sounds?" I don't know. I suppose I don't have a clue as to just how much it will "change everything", but everything's just been so great with Scarlet, it's like I can't wait to add another one to our family because then it will be that much greater. I know I probably sound kookoo, but I don't feel kookoo. Don't worry, we're waiting still. I don't feel rushed, I guess I'm just excited. I'm always thinking ahead. I have problems staying in the now.
I kiss and hug Scarlet SO much it's almost obscene. She doesn't seem to mind. In fact, it's completely rubbing off on her. She just started kissing us back, a few weeks ago and it seems the last few days she's been a kissing/hugging maniac, just like her mother. It's like she can't stop kissing me and now she squeezes me tight! I love it! But it's like, me, she just can't stop. She knows I like it too, because she'll just smile so big at me afterwards like she's doing the nicest thing. I love it. It's sweet. She's just the best. Can you blame me for wanting another one?
7 comments:
Oh I LOVED this post. I enjoyed every word. Those pictures of scarlet in this one and the other one- are so incredible! SHE IS SO CUTE! I love that headband in her hair- so cute! She has naturally rosy cheeks! It's like you put blush on her. She has the cutest smile. And when she's not smiling, and just serious she is so cute too! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm never going to see her after I move. Good thing I'll be having one of my own soon to compensate! I do not blame you for wanting another one because scarlet is so perfect! She really is! that is sweet she gives you hugs and kisses now. it's so funny to think she can't roll over. I have no idea what age that happens, it just sounds so funny to not be able to roll over. Are you just loving all the clothes you have for her? Her outfits are so cute. I really hope you can visit next week, but understand if it doesn't work out. love you!- oh- and i'm glad you're getting YOU time, that is such a great thing to learn this early on in the stage. So many mom's completely forget about themselves after babies. What a great habit to form!
oh yeah- and I bet you don't last until September- I bet you get pregnant this summer :)
Oh my GOSH- I don't think it sounds crazy at all to want another one so soon! It sounds wonderful! That is sooooooooooooo sweet and cute sounding about her kissing and hugging you so much! I love it! That is so great about the healthy habits thing and how it's helping you. I love the headband on Scarlet- so precious. I loved that pic of her holding her toy while sleeping! Soooo cute. OH- and hello? Where's the recipe for the thai soup!?? I want it. Please :) And thanks for putting up what you did with the steaks! Love you soooo much.
Scarlet is the best baby ever. She is so cute, nice, sweet, pretty, healthy, kind and everything else. I love you and her so much! :)
She's a doll--and I love seeing you in more pictures! Oh, I am a HUGE believer in "me" time--Wade watches the boys a couple of hours each week so I can leave and go do whatever I want, and it's AWESOME! Sometimes I go to a movie with a friend, sometimes by myself, sometimes to a cafe...but most often, I go buy a coffee then drive somewhere and sit in my car to read! Take advantage of it! I like your competition with your sisters, too--smart idea! Love all of the new pictures and the recipes sound yummy!
Cute headbands! And I love the pic of you and Scarlet. So sweet. :) How could you not want another little one?? Look at your baby "ambassador" 'Course you want more!
I love her in those headbands!!! I am always the photographer, so if you don't ask someone or take them yourself you don't exist!!! I think most people want another baby when they are the age of Scarlet, they aren't newborns anymore so you miss that. I'm so glad you love being a mom!I'm glad for the healthy habits also. I'm glad you are taking time for you, and yes life is never done and there is always work to be done, love and miss you!!!
Post a Comment