Sunday, October 23, 2011

Funny Tag

My sister Amy made up this little tag questionnaire and wanted all her sisters to do it. So . . .

words you don't know how to spell: awkward, and who knows maybe that's how it's spelled, but every time I type it out, i rewrite it over and over trying to figure out what the right way is and then i just pick one and leave it alone.

Things that really annoy you: it drives me crazy when people don't have confidence. i know that sounds harsh but sometimes when i talk to individuals, they are so insanely quiet or needing approval I just want to scream, "GET SOME CONFIDENCE!!!!"

What's that meal you can always eat over and over again? brownies isn't really a meal, but i've consumed more brownies than anything else on the planet

Do you brush your teeth at night?
No, and if this is a confession, it took me months to remember to brush in the morning after scarlet was born, so basically hardly brushed my teeth for a month or two. i'm pretty concerned about my next trip to the dentist.

Dumbest movie ever: The New Guy. It was horrible. I really wanted to walk out of the theater, but didn't. And then some people told me it was there favorite movie, I couldn't understand. It was the worst thing I'd ever seen.

What's a song that you would be embarrassed to admit you really like? If You Wanna Be My Lover- Spice Girls. I'm not embarrassed that I love everything KESHA, but everyone else probably thinks I should be.

Are you capable of eating an entire bag of candy in one sitting and not feeling THAT sick? Depends. I've definitely eaten an entire bag of peanut butter m&m's (a big one) years ago, but if I did that now, I might puke.

Do you love sea food?
YES. Though I don't know if I love lobster. Only had one bight 10 years ago, thought it was like rubber. But I used to say that about shrimp, and now I love shrimp.

When you fix meat, are you anal about what you've touched, and sanitize alot? I used to be a FREAK about it, but just the last few weeks, I have gotten really laxed about it, and so far we haven't gotten sick, so I think I'm going to stick it.

Do you put your leftovers in the fridge after dinner in fear of it spoiling or can you wait? I like to put it away within the hour, if I'm feeling lazy. Otherwise I put it away as soon as we're done. But it's more about cleaning than it is about spoiling food.

Do you use a sponge or rag to wipe your counters? Rag. I have gone thru 2 sponge phases and I'll probably go thru one again, but not for awhile as I just left a phase :)

What's your favorite Holiday?
Halloween, all the way. But I feel so disloyal in saying that because I haven't been able to celebrate in 3 years. One Halloween I was on a plane going back to Europe (and I DID consider dressing up, but thought it would make an uncomfortable flight). The next Halloween I was in Rogue River and we had no friends, and LAST Halloween I was frustratingly trying to nurse a 2 month old Scarlet as kids rang the doorbell every 3 minutes. It was the WORST. And this Halloween Greg works.

What's your favorite pie? Not really into pies, though lately I've been eating a bowl of greek yogurt, banana and granola and everytime I think, "This tastes like a banana cream pie" and I love it. So maybe banana cream?

What's your favorite candy bar? Greg and I were just talking about this. Cote D'or. It's Belgian. It's good. It's a big chocolate bar that is stuffed with mousse. It's AMAZING. Really. I hope they happen here someday. They're incredible.

When you pick something up at the store and change your mind, do you put it away? Almost never. And I feel really bad every time, unless I think they have really bad service, then I don't care at all. But it's such a pain to return things sometimes. But I always return my cart! I never leave it in the parking lot.

Do you like raisins in your Cinnamon rolls? I don't know that I've ever had that combo. It would probably be good! I like raisins.

Do you shower every day? Everyday but Sunday. I just can't get up early enough.

Are your dreams scary? Definitely. The majority of my life, the majority of my dreams have been nightmares and some have been horrible. Like I wake up and I am terrified to go back to sleep. Dreams where I can FEEL the presence of evil. Graphic, violent and bloody dream. Sometimes I wake up and I just feel the nightmare hanging on me all day, like I can't shake it. Granted, just in the last year or so this has improved SOOOOO much, for whatever reason. But for a lot of years, ALL my dreams were like this. I have no idea why. I don't think it's normal.

Do you like scary movies? I did when I was little. Now I have to close my eyes, plug my ears and hum a tune when a scary preview comes on in the theater. I hate it. I really hate it. I used to be really scared for my safety until I stopped watching scary movies. I also hate when I'm at the redbox or browsing Netflix and I see the covers of horror films. It freaks me out and makes me mad that they show them. I wish there was just a place that had all the scary movies for people who want to see them. I don't want to see them.

Do you like roller coasters? No, they make me sick and they're no that fun anyway. The older I get, the more it literally gets painful. Every bump and jerk just hurts.

Do you have a fear of needles? Not in the slightest. I could totally be a phlebotomist. Whenever I get poked, I watch.

What's your guilty pleasure TV show? Bachelor and Bachelorette. It used to sicken me that people watched these shows. Now it's one of the best times of the year!

What is something you're really stuck up about? Most people don't know how to make mashed potatoes. They either don't know how to season them, or they add cheese or something else and I just think, "Why did you do that?" I'm pretty snobby about sweets, especially the chocolate ones.

When you're at a restaurant, can you ask questions about the food? Yeah, but I usually just ask what their favorite dish is.

Are you a lake or a river person? Lake

Are you a good swimmer? No.

Do you like to camp? I think we all know the answer to this one.

Do you like rodents? I think rodents are the most disgusting thing on the planet. They literally sicken me. I hate to look at all rodents, even squirrels. And when I say that out loud, I feel really bad, because God made rodents. They are one of his creations and when I criticize rodents I feel like I'm criticizing God.

Are you afraid of spiders? No. I kill all the spiders in the house. But other insects freak me out. Like earwigs. I just shuddered because, ew . . . they just make me do that.

If you could be an amazing singer or dancer, which would you be? Dancer. Oh yeah, all the way. When I was 16 I saw some group dance onstage at this event and I really wanted to be a backup dancer for Britney Spears (ha! could you imagine! gross!) and now I would love to be some salsa pro or be part of a hip hop group (if I wasn't so old)

6 comments:

Emily said...

You're tough...not afraid of spiders OR needles. I'm terrified of both.

Congrats on your new niece! I am so happy for Amy and Mike.

Hope you're doing well, I miss you!

Aliese the Writer said...

That was all so funny! I honestly didn't know a lot of that about you. Like roller coasters and spiders. I don't like needles. Anything like that makes me feel uncomfortable. Talking about a broken bone, even. I could never be a doctor. Love you!

Danielle said...

haha I LOVE that you say bachelor/bachelorette is the best time of year, cause it's so true. I think of January, and I think two things...tax season and bachelor :) haha. It was fun reading this! Love you!!!!!!! Miss you- I"m so excited for Christmas! It will be so fun.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you Megan and I truly love that baby Scarlet. So cute and sweet, I just wanted to squeeze her when she was here. But I mostly left her to wander around, so I didn't frighten her. She is so smart, playing peek-a-boo and saying all of those words. I had such a great time with her. I love you so much and thank you and Greg for coming by. So wonderful! Hugs and Kisses

Jess said...

Man I really wish your blog showed up in my feed! I just love reading about you and your sweet family.
I just love that little Scarlet she just seems SO sweet and happy. The pictures of your mom giving her the blanket are so cute. you can really tell she loved it but what little girl wouldn't the blanket is adorable .
Cody and I got the biggest kick out of the onesie. SO cute and funny.
POOR GREG!!! It just looks SO painful.
Man I sure wish our parents would organize an Arnold reunion. It would be so nice to see everyone again but I suppose for now reading blogs will just have to be enough :)
You all seem to be doing great and I'm SO glad :)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

So glad you did that!! it was fun and I leaarned some things. I am finally home and think I have some time, so I am going to fill it out also! Love you soooooo much and miss you and that sweet little girl/baby, I guess she's a toddler now!