Yep, I did. Twice. I didn't know that could happen until suddenly . . . it did. At least one of the times it was just blue gatorade. I hate throwing up. It hurts so much. I can hardly breathe during the whole process and this time around was almost choking on it as it was trying to get to the toilet. Sorry if that was too much information. I don't recall ever throwing up more than once. Like usually I just throw up and am good to go afterwards. This multiple times a day, when's it gonna end? thing I am NOT familiar with. I don't know if I just don't REMEMBER how bad throwing up is, 'cause it's been a few years, but I swear the physical act of it has never been so awful. I don't know where all the contents are coming from anyway! I'm not even eating! Is that why I'm puking, 'cause stuff has just been sitting in my stomach for 24 hours, instead of digesting and then I need to get rid of it? I really don't know. 'Cause when I saw what came out, I was thinking, "What? Didn't I eat that a really long time ago? Shouldn't that be gone by now?" Anyway. I hate being sick. I feel like I'm a bigger wuss than most when it comes to illness because I almost NEVER get sick. I got sick a TON in Europe, but I don't count that. That was just random. Other than that, I'm pretty sure this is the SECOND TIME in over a DECADE I've been sick. Who knows, possibly 2 decades. I was never a sick kid. My Mom was saying something once, how our pediatrician barely even knew who I was 'cause I never had to come in. ANWAY.
Now Greg is sick, and little Scarlet too. It's the WORST. It only happens so often but having to pick her up to go to the changing table, or make a bottle is like asking for DEATH. Sometimes I think, "What if I pass out as I'm carrying her?" I haven't gotten to that point, it just REALLY wipes me out.
She has been the sweetest little angel though. She has thrown up a couple times, but one of them was because of a coughing fit. And after the first time, she was really upset for a couple hours, and since then she's been happy to stay shut up in the house, playing. Maybe it's 'cause we're so sick we don't care what she gets into, eats or does. Maybe that's why she's so happy. I just can't believe she's done so well. She has NEVER been so cooped up in the house. It's been such a blessing.
The trouble has been taking care of her. Greg and I can't eat or hardly sleep. We just lay on the couch watching Gossip Girl (which funny to say, has been an absolute lifesaver). So taking care of ourselves- there's nothing really to do. Just whine and try to bear it all. As we were lying on the bed in our woes while Scarlet was crawling all over us, I thought, "If only someone could take her overnight and take care of her for a day or two." But my good friend in the neighborhood is taking her family to Disneyland tomorrow, so the last thing I want to do is get her family sick. I would ask Pat, but she's hosting a wedding reception right now, so that's not the easiest timing. But right now I'm having a good wave, so let's hope for the best. This whole sickness is so wavy. I was so sick Thursday, and then thought I was all better yesterday, and here I am puking again first thing Saturday morning. So I'm too afraid to hope I'm on the mend, permanently. Poor Greg is feelin' it right now. He's watching a movie with his eyes closed.
I can't believe we haven't gotten sick of the tv yet. What a miracle. 'Cause it's the only thing we can distract ourselves with, and it seems to work pretty well. So far I've been able to keep down half a cup of yogurt and a few saltines. We'll see what happens. It seems the best method for keeping well is simply not moving. I mean, if I simply sit up or roll over suddenly my stomach is freaking out and I'm moaning again.
I was saying to Greg how I can't believe how well Scarlet is doing. She's not sick! That doesn't seem possible with how many open mouth baby kisses and sharing of the water bottles have been happening. And then Greg responds, "Well, she had a flu shot." WHAT!!!!! I forgot. The police station gives out free flu shots every year and I told Greg to tell us so we can get one and his team said they weren't getting any because they got them and still got sick, last year. But by the time I found THIS out it was already too late. So we decided we'd just go somewhere else, but of course FORGOT and NOW we're sick. Lesson learned. GET YOUR FLU SHOT.
8 comments:
I'm sorry you're sick. That REALLY sucks. Puking is awful. It is physically draining, and you feel like you're going to die. Flu shots: anyone I knwo who gets a flu shot, gets the flu, so i think they're a waste. love you
I hate throwing up!!! I feel so bad for you! I wonder if you and Greg have food poisoning. Scarlet doesn't eat all the same foods you two do. I feel so bad for you. I wish I lived closer and then I could have come and gotten her. Flu shots, don't believe in them. Penny said that her office had to get them (she had a gov job)and they all got the flu anyway. So after a few years of this she decided not to get the shot. She was the only one in the office that didn't get the flu. Besides it's only for the one big bug that they think is going to be the problem one. It's not for all flu's. Well, I'm glad you are on the mend, and yes Scarlet is happy because she is having a party!! love you!!!
That sucks so bad. I know what you mean though...like, I just have this awful cold...and I was feeling better for like a day and a half and then all of a sudden today I'm coughing which wasn't happening before...and I feel all gross again. How annoying. I HATE throwing up. It really is just...the worst! I'm so sorry. I seriously have watched so much gossip girl its insane. Just since I've been sick. How far have you guys gotten? Gosh, sometimes I watch it and I'm like...wow...this surely isn't the best quality show I could be watching. That chuck bass is just awful. But I'm pretty much inlove with the humpfries. And then Blair totally reminds me of Sharpay on HSM. Anyway- I hope you get better soon!!! Love you :)
I love the laying around and watching TV part of being sick. And drinking ginger ale and eating popsicles. My mom will always take Scarlet. Anytime. She would have sent someone to pick her up if she was busy at the house. She is crazy about her. Sorry you're sick love you guys.
I am so sorry Megan, I hope it all goes away soon. It is the pits to be puking sick, I have a weak stomach. The flu shot only protects for lung conjestive problems, not the stomach flu, nothing protects from that. I have had less asthma since I have had the flu shot than before. It does help with things that affect the lungs, So the flu shot is good for what it is good for. People expect too much from it. Take good care of yourself. Hugs and Kisses.
Post a Comment