Friday, October 14, 2011

Our Happenings

One of the sisters in the ward made this little onsie for Scarlet!
It says, "I'm Scarlet. I just learned how to walk and I'm a Mormon."

Too funny, eh? It was so sweet of her!
Somehow it came up when we had them over for dinner and said how funny it would be if a onsie had one of those, "I'm a Mormon" ads. And then 3 days later she showed up at the house with the finished product! I seriously think she could market these when she gets home. She's obsessed with Scarlet and wants her to marry her nephew.
Scarlet just figured out she can climb onto our little step thing, what would that be called? Anyway, she gets on it to get stuff on the counter. I keep forgetting she can do it and leave stuff all over where she can get.

She loves her bananas, even the peel.
Greg was out doing yard work and as he was pushing the trash bin off the curb he accidentally stepped on the open lid and tripped. This was the result. Yikes!
This is actually a few days later, once the swelling had gone down. I couldn't stop staring at him, at first. And he kept saying, "I'm fine!" But I kept replying that if I looked like that, even if I was fine, he'd be staring at me a bit too. But he IS fine. It looks so much worse than it is. He's only just today, complained that it was tender. Everyone at church keeps joking around that I'm beating him.

Scarlet's officially a walker now! It just happened this week. And really the last 2 days! More and more she would take more steps, but the last few days, she just tries to walk everywhere and is actually doing really well. It's cool! We love it! So does she. She smiles really big when she walks a great distance. She's so big. She's totally not a baby anymore. It's weird to me. Because she's my baby and I just think of her that way. But she's not. She's a toddler now, and it's weird.

8 comments:

HeidiT said...

She looks like such a big girl on that step stool. I think when kids start walking it's so cute because their still so tiny, she's adorable.
Greg's eye, looks like such a major injury all just from tripping! He should tell people that it happened at work and make up some crazy story, haha - he has a pretty intense job, I bet they would believe him.

Danielle said...

haha she is SO BIG! I can't believe it! Ummm. WOW- about greg's eye! That is so sad! I'm glad it looks worse than it is :(... I LOVE that onesie! That is so hilarious! Seriously! Such a clever thing. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE when you post.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

love the onesy! What a great idea!! Scarlet looks so cute on that stool! You are going to have to be more careful now! It's always hard as they get older!! She is so cute when she is walking, and that eye of Gregs, ugh! How aweful

Grandma, Nonnie said...

So sorry for Greg, but we always have a lot of bloos around the head, so it probably isn't as bad as it looks. Scarlett looks so big walking around, but she is still a baby. That onsie is really a cute thing. Love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

what the heck! I didn't know this post existed! Good thing I went back to look at old vidoes!!!!! Oh my gosh she is so old!!!!!!!!!! I love her! She is so old and cute! Is she like the happiest baby eveer? She is SO SMILEY! SO HAPPY! I love that onsie- that is HILARIOUS, what a funny friend. gregs eye is crazy. poor guy. I can't wait to see scarlet. love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh and your hair looks so good! i love it!

Lizzie said...

Greg needs to make up a great officer/work story for his eye. I just noticed other people said that too. oops.

Scarlet is so cute. I LOVE LOVE the onsie. such a cute idea.

fiona said...

Ahhh, look at her go! (Yes, I realize I'm WAY behind!) She is getting so big! And I think that onesie is awesome. Poor Greg's eye...that really is a doozie!