Mom and Dad came into town, very last minute and stayed a couple days with us! It was so fun! We all really had a good time! I couldn't believe my Dad came to stay. He NEVER visits anyone. So I felt pretty spoiled. We thought for a sec that we might just go to their house instead and I'm so glad I decided they should come here. It's just a different experience in our own home. Scarlet's more comfortable, I'm more comfortable knowing our house is baby proofed, etc. They really got to know Scarlet a lot better and vice versa. I think a lot better than us staying there for even longer. Scarlet got really attached to them, it made me so happy. She really has had few chances to be around them and she played a lot with both of them and had some really long snuggles with them before they went home. I'm just really glad they got to connect before we leave.
It's so weird, with us leaving- the big "boo hoo" about it is that Scarlet's leaving. I mean, everyone will miss Greg and I too, but it's not like we're CHANGING and we can talk on the phone and blog. It's not the same as Scarlet being gone. And it makes me so happy that I never have to say good bye. She's mine! I get to take her wherever I go and it makes me really happy. I suppose that sounds a strange thought, but I've seriously been thinking about it a lot lately and keep mentioning it to Greg.
I'm finally starting to pop out a bit. Most people are constantly saying, "You're not even showing! How can you be 17 weeks?" And it irritates me and I want to say, "Look at my arms! Look at my legs? If I was proportioned right, wouldn't my stomach be a bit flatter? People with arms and legs as skinny as mine don't have a gut." It really irritates me. I mean, I've never had a flat six pack or anything, but I've definitely never had a GUT. And I mean, seriously, there is quite a process between now and then-
I mean seriously, it's not like I have a flat stomach and then wake up to that. I'm showing long before this point. I know people think they're complimenting me by saying I'm not showing, but to me it sounds like they're just telling me I have a gut and always have had a gut. I know. I'm being sensitive. I was way sensitive about it last time. I thought I would pop out faster with my next, but maybe I'll just always carry my babies in.
5 comments:
I forget you are pregnant and am always surprised when you mention it on your blog. I always feel the same way when I am pregnant about people just thinking I look big rather then pregnant.
Good luck with your move. I hope everything goes smooth.
You're so funny! At first when I saw the picture I was like HOLY SMOKES- she is showing fast! Then I realized it was from last time. haha. But I'm so excited for you and I'm happy Mom and Dad got to visit. It is pretty crazy- but you are not disappearing or anything! It will be fun to hear how life is over there :) LOVE YOU! Good luck with everything.
I love you and YOU definatly look pregnant to me and I would never say you didn't look it, because you do. So there!!! Hugs and I am gonna miss you all, and getting to see Scarlet change. Please blog and I hope we get to see you guys before you go.
Wow! It's going so fast. And yes enjoy the fact that you get to take Scarlet with you! The day will come when none of your kids live near you and it is odd. We did have a great time and were very grateful we went to your house. love you sooooo much!
I was wondering how you guyswere going to travel ALL the way across the WHOLE country. That will be nice that you and Scarlett don't have to do all of the driving.
You guys will be living in an awesome touristy area so just think of all of the visits you will have from family taking vacations there, fun!
Post a Comment