Scarlet has been the cutest little helper these days. We were carrying stuff into the car to go somewhere and she brought out this little case with gun stuff in it. It was funny.
She's gotten really good about picking up her toys when I ask her to or putting away what she pulled out of the drawers. We sing a "clean up" song and now she starts to sing it before I do.
Greg and I were craving donuts and one of my sisters blogged about a donut outing and it looked really fun so we thought, "Let's go out for donuts." It was a let down. The place where Lizzie goes looks all colorful and cute and this place looked like a greasy miniature cafeteria and they were out of half the donuts. Well, we got some and then just felt sick afterwards. But Scarlet liked them.
It was pretty cute. We were on our way to Pat and Randy's and Greg said we needed to go and tried to take the donut away and Scarlet pulled it away and said no. Then he said we were going to Grandma's and she immediately threw her hand up to Greg, offering him the donut so we could see Grandma. It was pretty cute and pretty shocking at the same time.
Pat and Randy had these Wolf ears at a hotel and we put them on and told her to meow like a cat and she LOVED IT. I have a video. I'll post later. Now every time she sees a kitty she meows.
Playing with glasses.
I'm pretty sure this is 16 weeks.
I know I'm not that big, but I'm showing, I promise you.
Greg gets a break at work, once in awhile and gets to come home for a quick lunch break (at 8 or 9pm). I love when this happens, though it's always very rushed. I wanted to get a pic of him with his car. I know it's dark, but I never see him in the day.
Our blender randomly busted a hole through it Sunday morning. Crazy. It made a BIG MESS. This shows nothing. All over the walls- multiple walls. On the blinds, on the windows. Thank goodness it was under warranty and we got a free one, a few days later, in the mail.
As for me, the nerves are BARELY starting to kick in. We will be out of our house in less than 2 weeks. Next week is my last week in our ward and I'm thrilled to be done with my calling. I feel sort of bad, I sort of blew off choir today, but I asked her for a week's notice to plan a sitter for Scarlet and practice and she gave me 5 hours notice and I was sick of being taken advantage of so I just said I couldn't do it with that short of notice. But I could've pulled it off, but I've been feeling very abused in my calling the last 2 months.
I'm just starting to have little thoughts of, "What if I hate my apartment? What if I hate my neighbors? What if it's horrible? What if we don't make friends?" And then I think, "It will be that way for a YEAR." I'm sure it will be fine, but just the "permanence" of it all is starting to sink in. We'll soon enough find out how it's all going to be.
I have been fighting thoughts of cutting tv completely out of my life for a good two months now. It comes in waves, but pretty often. And I keep fighting it. I think it's what I need to do. I KNOW it's what I need to do. For me, I'm not preaching that the tv is bad. But it's seriously the most common activity that Greg and I do together, so I feel like Greg and I will just spend more time apart if I stop watching tv. Because I did that for a short span and that's what happened. Greg would watch 30 Rock by himself and we'd both be annoyed that the other person wasn't spending time with them. Greg likes to vegge after working by watching tv and I don't criticize him at all. And then when Scarlet goes down for the night or a nap, it's not like we can leave the house so it's like what do we do? Let's watch a show. I just don't feel ANY benefits from tv these days. I only feel the negatives. Even if I don't watch a lot. I still feel like it was such a waste and dulls my day, energy and brain.
14 comments:
oh man, I totally know what you mean about tv. it's also our only activity. But I feel liek if we cut it out, then mike would just game, so it wouldn't change anything. We'd have to cut out ALL technology. OK- what the heck, your blender?! ha! do you have a rebate? or recipet? that shouldn't happen! I hope you're getting your money back or a new one or something. LOVE the pics! and you look great! scarlet is so cute. So cute how she brought out that little case of gun stuff. haha. gotta go- love you
I love this post! I love Scarlet and you in the glasses, you look so much alike. I love Greg and his car...you'll be glad you have that picture, it's so cool!
Apartment living is hard, but hopefully you can make it through for a year. I'm so excited for you guys!
I love your little pregnant belly!!!!! I wish mine was that size, it's just killing me these days. Keep those pregnant pics coming, they're awesome!
Love you so much! And I MISS YOU! I just remembered that I totally need to call you back!
I love the stage When they realize they are able to help you. So cute! I just love her so much and you need to keep us up by blogging about her, I enjoy your blogs so much!!! You are a wonderful mom and a great granddaughter, we love you all so much. You are a special family. I know it must be hard to think of all of all the things you have to do, but hang in there. Heavenly Father will continue to bless and keep you. Hugs and kisses PS Too bad about the blender, that should not have happened, so check the maker, etc.
Hey- I read this all when you posted it but it was on my phone and its hard to comment on my phone. Anyway- I loved all the pictures and stories! I love that little Scarlet! She's so cute. And that blender incedent is SO CRAZY?! What the heck happened?! So random. Love you!!!!!!!!
OH YEAH- You look GREAT! I love your pregnant belly and you totally do look pregnant!
Wow, that blender was out of control! That happened to me once...but it was because I forgot to put the lid on :)
Cami just recently got into the clean-up stage. It's cute because she won't stop until EVERYTHING is off the floor, even if it'snot one of her toys. Aren't they growing up fast?!
I love the belly pic, you look great!
wow. does greg drive a mustang? fancy, fancy. scarlet is so so cute. my kids LOVE donuts. and believe me, our donut place is ghetto too. and we feel sick after also. but somehow tanner never does. you look so cute pregnant!!!! realy really cute.
is that a vitamix that broke? bummer. good thing you get a new one. it looks awful to clean up though.
so cute with scarlet helping out.
Scarlet is so adorable, as usual. I love the picture of her meowing with her lips pursed. It's so cute. I'm so glad that you get to move and that you're excited. Of course you are going to get worried at first and might even have a little bit of regret. It's like Splash Mountain at Disneyland. You always feel a twinge of regret as you're going up the hill before the big drop, but it's always worth it and you feel okay. And the apartment thing will work out and that's coming from someone with four others in the place. :) That's so crazy that your blender got a huge hole. I'm so glad you got a free new one. That's so lucky. Anyway, love you!
That pic of her carrying that box is so cute! Love all the pics. What a dolly! She is sooo cute. Love the story about Pat and Scarlet being so excited to see her. I'm so glad you got a pic of Greg in front of his car. You'll be glad later you did that. Wow, life is changing fast. I have to say it makes me happy/sad. Happy because I know it will be better for you family, sad because you will be so far away. But thankfully we have technology! When your dad and I were about your's and Gregs age, we watched TV at night together. I'm not sure what we watched, but it was a nice time each night just to be together after a long day of being with 5 little people. Terese used to think we should be doing something else, and I always said no it feels good to just be together. Cherish those times Meg. Life goes quickly and you don't know if he will get a calling that takes him away at night. Choose good things to watch and just enjoy being together. love you!!!
That blender thing is so crazy! It is so cute when little kids want to help...I wish it lasted. TV...let me know when you figure that one out. I love you and miss you.
Wow! Your blender went nutso! How do you just blow a hole in the side? Are any donut places cute little places. They are all grease filled establishments. Oh how I like them every once in a great while though. Things are starting to move forward so quickly for you. Can't wait to read about your adventures on the East Coast!
Post a Comment