Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our apartment complex had a garage sale and I was hoping to find baby boy clothes- which there were none- but we scored on a ton of books for Scarlet! They are GREAT!

The same day we looked on Craigslist and found a major score on baby boy clothes and went and got them on a whim. I'm sort of thinking we overspent now- that we could've spent
less on just what we need instead of an overabundance of clothing that was technically a good deal. Oh well, it's done now. Hopefully he wears it. It's such a risk, not knowing if your baby's gonna be long and skinny or short and fat and how fast they'll grow. You just don't know 'till they're here.

This is Scarlet doing some motions and singing. I was really impressed, because normally I have to encourage her quite a bit to do the motions with me, and this she just did completely on her own!

Scarlet's been getting more jabbery, which has been fun. She's also been getting very HIGH PITCHED. She'll just sort of lightly scream to herself. Just to hear the noise, not because she's upset. Though she did do that once this week. It was horrible. I'm officially DONE cutting hair while she's awake, or unattended by Greg. It's just not worth the pain. I did another cut and her trauma was 10x the amount of the previous haircut. It was AWFUL. I couldn't even soothe her with chocolate. Chocolate solves ALL our problems, but not this one. Not at all. Towards the end she would just FREAK if I put her down, which of course I had to. So she clung to my legs screaming, while I'm trying to finish my cut, and then out of nowhere this LOUD HIGH PITCHED SCREAM happens. I'm shocked. I look down and say, "Was that Scarlet?" It was such a foreign sound, I honestly didn't know if it was her. She'd NEVER sounded ANYTHING like that before. It was HORRIBLE. Then I kept cutting and then she did it again and again. She was just like, "Mom. What are you doing? Don't you see I'm in pain? This is how serious I am!!!!" It was awful. That right there just sealed the deal. No hair while Scarlet's around. But it's ok. I'll just schedule in the evenings or saturday. Because though, Scarlet was having a horrible time, I loved it. It was so fun to socialize and cut hair again. It made me feel good, to see that they looked great when I was finished. Like, "Ok, I forgot. I'm really good at this!" It's nice to feel like you have a good skill with something. So I definitely want to pursue this as a hobby, but not while Scarlet is awake. No way. One thing that didn't help, is the girl I cut, she brought her 3 year old son, who happens to be a big 3 year old. And he hit her. I didn't see it, but the sound of the scream in the room and the terrified look on her face when I went to her- I just KNEW. Her reaction was NOT normal. And then I heard his Mom say, "Did you hit her? You need to say you're sorry." I felt so BAD for her. I mean, kids are kids and I know she'll be hit again by other kids, but it was her first time- so I think it was a little traumatizing. Just the whole hour was bad. And the way she looked at him CHANGED after that. And I'm pretty sure it hurt pretty bad, because before it even happened- his Mom was telling me how he doesn't realize how he's bigger than other kids and is too aggressive and rough with them and they get hurt a lot. But I'm pretty confident this was on purpose, he was kind of being a brat the whole time. Oh well.

I have been sick for 3 weeks. I am really sick of it. Every week I have a few good days and think, "I'm getting better." And then I crash again. It seems to always come on a saturday. We've yet to do anything fun for our weekends. First I was really sick, then I thought I was all better and Greg was really sick, then this weekend I'm sick again. At church I even started to feel feverish but then it left. It's so in WAVES. And it keeps morphing into new things. I don't know what's going on, but I'm sick of it. It's hard to know if I'm tired because of pregnancy, or because of sickness. I was realizing that I never sleep soundly anymore, with the constant need to pee and Greg wakes a good hour and a half before I need to wake- sometimes I sleep through it, sometimes not. So that's probably not helping. As well as my constant feed on chocolate candy. I take it like it's medication. I didn't have any the other day when I decided it needed to stop. It wasn't so bad, but then Greg and I bought a bag of peanut butter cups last night and they're already gone. I'm pulling him down with me. I can't help but wonder if I fed on spinach, like I do on chocolate, if I'd still be sick. It's just been so constant it makes me afraid it's just going to linger until I have this baby! Hopefully not. I really hope not. I seem to manage to get dinner done, and a few small things to entertain Scarlet, but then Saturday comes and it's like my body knows and it's so much worse and all I can do is lay on the couch while Greg does everything for me. I feel bad, but there's just no way around it.

One of Scarlet's favorite things to do is take some toilet paper, blow her nose, then put it in the toilet and watch it flush down. She tries to do this MANY times a day. Basically every time I have to pee, she comes along and does this- or tries to, anyway.

We bought her a little potty, yesterday. We put her on it and nothing happened, but she was pretty excited about it. I don't know if it's a bad thing, letting her get on just for fun. I'm hoping the familiarity will just get her comfortable for when the time comes and hopefully it doesn't become more of a "fun toy experience" and not the real deal. I don't know. We're just going with the flow. I'm not even going to THINK about training her for REAL until after the baby comes. Well after.

Greg is really liking work. It's still boring sometimes, but overall he's really excited about everything.

Scarlet popped out two molars this week and is about to surface another. It has been a little sad. Especially tonight. Lots of sad pain. Tonight we drugged her up with Tylenol, Ibuprofen, teething tablets AND Oragel- all within an hour. She just kept crying, so we just kept piling it on since it was almost bedtime. It was so sad. I should say it IS so sad. She's struggling to sleep right now.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Ohhh I love the video and pics. She is so cute. That's nice that you love hair so much and will start doing it sometimes! You are a good mom for trying something, and realizing and admitting when it wont work, and stopping it! And especially that you are putting Scarlet's needs first. That's fun you got a bunch of boy clothes! And I'm sorry you've been so sick. That is no fun. Try to rest rest rest! That's cool you bought her a potty. I think that the more familiar and comfortable she is with it, the more likely she'll actually go on it. Of course I have no experience :) Just seems logical to me! Love you!!!!

greg&sarina said...

Hi Megan - i think you know that i've followed your blog off and on, but i just wanted to check in again :) (sarina - used to be passarelli- from back in springfield on janus st.) anyway - i have 2 boys (luke just turned 4 and john is 24 months) and we are due with #3 in july (not sure boy/girl). my hubby lived in DC for awhile and still has a sister out there, so its been fun to catch-up on your move :) we live out in the country now and have less friend interaction that i did in town. we seem to have quite a bit in common with this pregnancy (and the fact that chocolate is pretty much a food-group for me right now!) i hope you have a great week! - sarina
sarina@bronsons.net

AMY AND MIKEY said...

poor baby (with the teething) I HATE TEETHING! Great blog- I don't have time to comment on everything- but it was all so cute- loved hte video- I watched it twice. so sorry she hates it when you cut hair. That's too bad. Mayve when she's older. so sorry you've been so sick. pregnancy is NO fun. I don't understand people who LOVE it. crazies. I acn't believe you're having a boy. That is so crazy. A MALE! I'm so exxcited! Love oyu!- and chocolate- oh my gosh- don't get me started. I'm so addicted right now. what's wrong with us?!!!!1

HeidiT said...

Getting in the molars stinks. Cami hardly even noticed the others but the molars have given her trouble.
That would be awesome if she ends up loving the potty and gets trained quickly, how nice would that be when you have a newborn too!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so sorry Scarlet had a boy hit her, and of course it hurt her, if not physcilly then it hurt her feelings. I can't stand bullies, and he sounds like one. She is so very cute I watched the video at least 3 times. I can't believe you're sick, I hope it gets better for you. I am glad you enjoy cutting hair, and want to put Scarlet first. That will help her always feel that you put her first. I love you hugs and kisses

Aliese the Writer said...

I love your posts. I just watched all the videos of Easter. It was so hilarious how you both kept saying, "Put it in the basket!" over and over and she just didn't do it. And it was funny how you told her to look for more eggs and she wouldn't do it and then you said to look for more chocolate and she looked. I loved in this post how you said that chocolate solves all your problems, except this one. I just laughed. I'm so sorry you're sick. I hate it when I get sick and never seem to get better. We have had a habit of eating so much sugar lately! It's awful and so hard to break! I hope you feel better soon. Poor Scarlet. Teething is awful. My 12 year molars have been coming in and it hurts so bad! It's when it's just about to come through that it hurts and when it finally does it feels so much better. Love you pictures also! Thanks, love you!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I a can't believe I didn't comment on this! I must have been in a hurry when I read it. Scarlet was soooo cute in the video! I loved it. I think next time we skype I want to sing with her. I'm glad you are enjoying cutting hair. That is so sad that Scarlet can't handle it. That made me so sad that the boy hit her! So sad when they are in pain, I always hated that. Preparation for bigger pains later. Sorry about the sick thing. I ate a ton of sugar the first 4 months of your pregnancy. I got it together later. I'm sure the sugar isn't helping, but most people I know that get sick during pregnancy always have a hard time getting well. Love you so much!

Emily said...

Scarlet looks so big! Megs, I have been wanting to call you every day and it just never seems to happen, i'm so sorry. It WILL happen. I want to hear all about DC and the new job and your pregnancy and everything. I think that's why it's hard for me to call, I know it's going to be a lengthy conversation and I can never find that kind of time. But, I love you and think about you all the time.

Jenni said...

OH MY GOSH! I was just telling my mom how Scarlet is so cute! SO I came to your blog to prove it and you had this PERFECT video! My mom and I were just dying. That is sooooo dangggg cute! I totally adore her! SO sorry you're not feeling well ;( hope that ends soon!