Thursday, July 12, 2012

Danielle Came to Visit

These next 2 posts happened 2 months ago!!! I am so behind!!!!

Knowing I was going to be all alone for 3 weeks I asked my sisters if they could come visit me and Danielle said yes! YEA!!! I was so excited!!!

First of all, I was like 30 minutes LATE picking Danielle up from the airport because I got lost! As in LOST IN THE AIRPORT. It's that ginormous. A million roads and million parking lots. The signs never made sense, the GPS was constantly confused. I hate driving in this city! It is the WORST.

Well, right before Danielle flew out, Scarlet got really sick and really grumpy.
I'd never seen her behave in such a way towards a "stranger" before. She would just scowl at Danielle. I felt really bad. This was before we knew she had lyme. It's weird to think that she didn't have it at one time or that we didn't know for sure. It is SO APART of our lives now. It's weird to think that it wasn't. But this week, it wasn't yet!

Thankfully, she warmed up through out the week.


 But honestly, she didn't even begin to show her real self until the last day Danielle was here. And after she left, Scarlet seemed back to normal and I just thought, "Man! THIS is what you're like! Danielle missed it all!" Oh well, they got a few good moments together.


 Oh man. So I was going to drive us downtown DC and a friend said we would never find a place to park and to take the metro instead. I was afraid of possible maintenance/construction work, because that happened last time- and what do you know, it was all the same. I even looked up delays and things online and it didn't say ANYTHING. I was a little ticked. BUT! Because of what happened before, I was more prepared and the whole thing felt way faster than before, even though it probably wasn't, and I didn't really mind at all. This way, Dan got to ride the metro and that's always exciting when that's not your normal routine. This is us on the metro.

The Constitution!!! Greg and I didn't see this last time, 'cause there was a big long line. There was a line THIS time, but not as long- and it didn't really take that long to get through. It was SO COOL. We LOVED IT. We weren't supposed to take a picture, but did anyway- with Dan's phone, and without a flash. I did the same thing in Rome, once. I'm usually quite the rule follower and hate when people think they're above rules, but pictures without a flash? That's not any different than my eyeballs making a memory in my brain. It doesn't hurt anything and I couldn't help myself.

 Little Scarlet is such a trooper. She always does so well, especially for not really getting a nap. She never ceases to amaze me on trips. I love those thighs. I think her squishy legs are the best.

 Dan is just so cute. She's the youngest. She's still got her high school body. She's still all up on trends and fixes her hair and wears make up. I always look at her, sigh and think, "I used to look like that. No more." But I really enjoy how cute she is. Is that weird to say? She reminds me so much of how I was before I had Scarlet. Not that it's all gone down the crapper or anything, it's just not quite the same.

Another thing we did, that I hadn't done yet- is go to the Capitol Building! It was way cooler than I thought it would be. Greg said it was cool and I just thought, "I can see it from a distance. Is it really going to be that different up close? It's not like we're going inside." But it really was a cool sight. There was TONS of grass to sit on, so we took a good break. We were so exhausted. The whole day was go, go, go. There was a band playing and all these hippies dancing around. It was kinda funny. It reminded me a lot of Eugene.

 Scarlet checking out the ducks.

 She also really liked this little fountain.

 Oh man, finally at the metro, ready to go home.

 A girl recovering from Lyme Disease and a really pregnant woman make for a really tuckered out pair, by the end of the day. We were literally hunching and hobbling back to the metro station. It was like, once we were done for the day, our minds just knew it and suddenly our bodies gave in to the pain. I was so vocal about it with grunts and groans and we just kept laughing at ourselves. We're both really young, but how we were hobbling around and feeling- it was like we were really 90 years old and just didn't appear that way. I don't remember now, but I think we were constantly walking for 12 hours. That is pretty intense. We got to see everything we planned to- except for the botanical garden. It closed LITERALLY the moment we got there. We sort of forgot about it closing at 5pm. That was a bummer.

I was so glad Scarlet fell asleep. Last time, with Greg, she stayed up the whole time, until after midnight! She has trouble sleeping when she's not in her crib.

Scarlet skyping with Greg.

 We went to the Air and Space Museum and Dan loved it. I was glad. It really is a cool museum. This is Scarlet sliding around on the floor of the museum.

 This was the last full day Dan was here and Scarlet really started to perk up and show her happy self again.


I was so glad Danielle came. It was nice to hang and talk. That's mostly what we did. That's how I am with all my sisters. There's no need to make a lot of plans, it's just spending time together and getting closer. It was really nice.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh I loved this! I seriously am SO GLAD I went on that trip! It was so wonderful and I think about it all the time. Good recap. Love yoU! Oh and thanks for the compliments!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I'm so glad you could do that with Danielle. I'm so glad you all get a long so well. I makes me so happy. I loved all the pics!!! I love that one of Danielle and Scarlet when their heads are together. I loved the one of you and Danielle on the metro, and all of them. Thanks so much for posting. I know it takes a lot of time. I think we should skype more again. I need to see if my headset works or if just my computer does. It seems like I checked it out one day and something was turned off. Wow the time for the baby is soon coming. love you!!!