Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quickie Update

Had a baby. Did it all natural. It was better AND worse than I ever thought it would be. I'll explain THAT later. My labor was only 9 1/2 hours- YES!!!!

And his name is . . .

Brighton Christopher Jentzsch
Born July 22, 2012
8 lbs and 20 inches

So far he's quite an angel and has dark hair like his big sis. We came home last night and so far it's gone really smooth. I honestly can't believe how good I feel. Not being pregnant anymore is pretty dang awesome!!! Blog more later with pics and videos!!!

Oh yes- and so far Scarlet's medication is going AWESOME. We're on day 6 and so far NO HERX- AWESOME!!! Today it was like she wasn't sick AT ALL. Everyday she's just been getting better and better. The only negative we've experienced is she's got a SERIOUS yeast infection happening, but it JUST happened, so hopefully we'll get it under control soon. It really is amazing how quickly it all seems to be working already. I never expected it to be so quick and effective. We even gave her gluten and sugar at the hospital, yesterday, because we didn't have anything with us to feed her, and usually that ruins her day (the next day) and that would have been today- but she was AMAZING today. Happier than she's been in 5 months. We feel really blessed.

8 comments:

Courtenay Beth said...

Congratulations!!! Love his name, so happy for you, I can't wait for more details and pics, rest up, and soak in the newborn phase, it just goes by too fast!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

BOOOOOO no pictures!!! I am so behind on all your blogs. I am so sorry I haven't read them. I intend on reading them but there just hasn't been any time!!!!!! love you!!!!!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad! All of it sounds great! I can't WAIT to read more about it! Love you so much! He's amazing- I keep looking at the pics on my phone over and over.

Sari said...

So happy for you guys and cant wait to see pictures!!

Amy said...

I am so excited for you! I'm glad everything is going so well and that you are feeling so good already. I'm excited to see pics of your little guy!

Rochelle said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. I'm so happy Scarlet is doing better.

Matt and Christy said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure that he is adorable. Great news about Scarlet, too. Did Greg get some time off for Family Leave?

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Oh Megan that is all so great!! I am so glad that Scarlet is doing so well! Can't wait to be there with all of you!! love you!