Oh man. 2 months? It was pretty unavoidable. I'm typing on a borrowed iPad as we speak so this will be short. We did it! We moved to Kyrgyzstan. And I gotta say, I think it's gonna be great! Honestly it's been so good so far! We love our house. It's ridiculously huge. The stairs are NOT baby proofable so we are working on that. For now we have it bar barricaded with chairs. Other than that I think it will be an awesome place to stay.
The neighborhood seems nice enough. There are always people out and walkingaround and everyone seems nice. It's definitely not america. Sometimes I look around and am surprised by how ok I am with it all. I think I was we'll prepared. I don't on ow if that makes sense. Being here really gives you a wake up call about how filthy rich America is!!! It really is shocking! But it's ok. I think this is going to be a fun adventure and I can't wait to get out and go walking around. The only thing I'm worried about are stray dogs. But I guess the locals are really bad to them so if I get to the ground like I picking up a rock they'll run away. Sad. I saw onerous away with a broken foot and he just looked I like a little friendly dog with 3 others running around town. ANYWAY. Got a little side tracked.
So much to say.
I really miss the Internet.
I really miss sleep.
Scarlet wakes upready for the day at midnight every night. So we really do never sleep. It'sworse than the first two weeks after u bring a newbornhome! I didn't think that was possible! Last night she made it to2am so that was better. Hopefully today she'll golonger. We'll c.
We've met a LOT of people already! People have really taken us under wing! It's reassuring. I can't believe it's only been a few days. It already feels like forever. I. Tink just because of the lack of sleep.
We are going to learn Russian. It's a must.
Driving is crazy. I mean CRaZY. Crazy. Can I emphasize again. It is crazy. I feel so bad for gre, who is actually the one driving. I will have to get a driver or I will end up crashing. I know it.
Ok I tired. I'm going to go. We're doing great! Pray for us to get some sleep!!!
8 comments:
I am so glad you are liking it over there. I know it will seem a little strange for awhile. I am so sorry for the lack of sleep, will pray for you guys to get more and for things to settle for Scarlet. I really miss seeing you guys and hearing from you on the blog. I hope you get the internet soon. Hugs and kisses
can't wait to hear more. Glad you like your new place.
I'm so glad everything is going well! I will pray for you and the kids to get sleep. Everything considered, that's great that's the only thing really bad. I can't wait for you to learn russian and hear you speak it! haha! That will be hard though!!! I hope you get internet soon. Love you!!!!!
It's so awesome that you are liking it so far :) We also can't wait to hear more, and some Russian from you two!
oh my gosh i didn't know that you blogged! you can tell you blogged on an ipad- haha. megan I'm so excited!!!! i can't wait to see and hear everything!!! teh driving- yikes- scary! i hope greg is ok driving and doesn't crash or get run into. Is it that it's hard to drive on teh other side of the road? or people are bad drivers? what is it that's scary? when you say poor people do you mean like poor neighborhoods? or, poor people on teh streets? what do you mean? I want details!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh i'm so exited to hear everything! also- i'm so sorry about the sleep- yikes. does scarlet like the house? does she think it's cool? love oyu! and miss you!
I just noticed you blogged. I have still been pretty sick. Oh well getting better by the day. I'm so glad you are liking it already and feel so comfortable. It is strange being around real poverty isn't it? I'm so glad people are helping you so much. I hope the kids get straightened around soon. Love you so much. A driver sounds vy good!!!
SO happy you made it safe and are getting settled in, what an adventure! The time difference would be tough - hope everyone gets adjusted soon so that you guys can get some real sleep. Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about it there.
Wow!!! Holy Adventure Family! So happy that ya'll made it safely and are liking it. Enjoy your new adventure!
Post a Comment