I don't know what it is, but I have just been so in love with my kids the last 2 weeks. They've just been so extra sweet. I almost wonder if it's because my stress level has finally been low enough and life has slowed down enough for me to finally notice their angel like sweetness. The last few days there's been so much more playing and a lot of things have just been better. We're finding some friends, slowly but surely. I think I've finally realized and come to terms that it's just gonna take awhile. But I have faith we'll get to a really good place. It just won't happen today, or even this month, and maybe not even these 6 months. But we'll find our good balance eventually.
I decided today that I want to start a little kid group at my house. There's a baby/toddler group we go to, but it's all babies and that's just not doing it for Scarlet. I want a 2-3 yr old group and I want it to be at my house. I have many ideas swirling in my head, as to what I hope it will become- story time, singing time, games, dance class- but for now . . . I'm just going to invite everyone over for a fun craft. All kids like crafts and I'm good at them. It's not hard for me, it doesn't stress me out or make me nervous to do it in PUBLIC- unlike singing or dancing in front of people I may not even know. So I'm hoping we'll get a good response from a craft playdate and try it a few more times and build on it. We'll see. I'm crossing my fingers. I just think Scarlet would love it and I need it. I need more than the kids running around. I would love some structured creative time with kids her age.
I have been scouring the internet the last 2-3 days for Christmas ideas- gifts, traditions, activities for kids. I think I got all the ideas I need for this year and I'm so excited! Scarlet is finally at an age where she totally gets it and can DO all the fun stuff with us. So I bought a ton of books about christmas and looked up some movies on instant play and I just got so many good ideas online. I'm so excited! When we first moved here- they made a big deal to shop for Christmas EARLY. At first I thought that was such a pain, but I'm practically done! And now I realize, when it comes I can just relax and really enjoy it with the kids and I'm just so excited! I LOVED Christmas when I was a kid and it wasn't about the DAY, it was about the SEASON. It seems the last few years it's just been more stress than fun. I think it's gonna be good this year.
I can't believe that I've blogged 4 days in a row! I think that means my life is in order now!
5 comments:
So glad you're blogging more!
So glad things are going so well with the kids! That playgroup should be fun. I've done something like that during the summer with Anna and it was a blast. We just chose 1 day a week where we get together and we would do different things - like go to bounce, or paint, or go to a splash pad, or go to the aquarium. It was really fun. I hope it works out for you guys.
I want to hear about the traditions you want to do. I love Christmas too. I can't wait for the Christmas season and all that comes along with it.
I'm glad you're blogging so much, keep it up! You totally got me in the christmas mood with all your pins on pinterest! I just love Christmas. I'm trying to do the same thing and get everything in order before December so that I can just enjoy the holiday. Love you. BTW- did you know that Mindy Gledhill has a new album out? I don't like it as much as her first one but there are a few really good ones. Love you!!!
I think your ideas sound so good for Christmas. It should be so wonderful for Scarlet, and you will have such fun with all of them and can make friends for Scarlet and yourself. Plus get ready for Christmas. It is so fun when you can enjoy getting all ready for the holiday. I love you so much and I truly do miss seeing you Hugs and Kisses.
Megan I'm so excited for this play group you have planned. That is such a great idea! Even for us who live in the states and have greater resources- it just sounds like a great idea! I want to do that. When should I start? Do you think I should wait for Maddie to be 3? Seems like a good age. I'm really excited about this and hope it all goes great! I have to stop typing bc mike is being a butt and destracting me tryin to mess this up!!!! love you bye
the craft group sounds cool! Christmas... loved it when everyone was here and when you were all young. now its boring because no one comes. I am thinking about inviting the primary kids for a day. I need someone to come and see my house and my Santas! love you!
Post a Comment