Went to Friendship Park today. Here's a glimpse of the toys the kids play on. Steel and painted. The only USA like playground is at the Embassy.
I tell ya, Brighton is the happiest kid. When he's not throwing a little fit- which he's starting to do- he is just happy as can be. He does a little dance where he almost marches in place, sort of hopping, shifting his weight side to side, really fast. He does it when he gets chocolate or anything that gets him excited and it's so cute. We're now catching on that he can pretty much understand everything we're saying. At least a lot. His communication is a point and grunt. It works pretty well. Greg loves it. I wish he would sign. He's been a stubborn little eater, as in NOT eating and he is SUCH a mamma's boy. Though sometimes I wish he prefered Daddy, I'm glad it's so obvious that he loves me. That makes me feel really good.
Poor little guy is sick AGAIN with something. He's been fine, just a low fever and a little grouchy. I mean, is 100 degrees still low? I used to think that was really high before they had 105. I don't know what's considered low, now.
Heard the kids growling and I found them like this. Laughing and having so much fun together. I really have the cutest kids.
I can be tired and worn out and thinking my day is starting to sour, but then I hear giggles and see this and I think I have a really great life.
Lately the three of us have been having growling sessions during all of our meals. We all participate, but Scarlet's are the loudest. That's for sure.
Scarlet's getting so independent with the potty training already. She suddenly started going on the toilet, all by herself. She disappeared today and before I know it I'm yelling up the stairs "what are you doing, Scarlet?" in which she returns "I went poo in the toilet! And I wash my hands!" Or something and I'm thinking, "When did this happen?" amongst other things.
Things are good. I'm starting to realize that my "hard days" now are just normal hard days I've always had and it has nothing to do with being abroad. Some days are just long and of course some moments I'm in desperate need of a mommy break and just have to keep on until Greg gets home, but in reality everything's great.
I'm starting to think we're just gonna be sick a lot here. B's been sick more here, in the last 3 months, more than he has in his entire life. He's been sick maybe twice, before we came? And it's definitely been every 3 weeks, since we arrived. I'm starting to think it's just gonna be this way. Poor little guy. He doesn't eat or sleep as well when he's ill so that kinda stinks.
I'm so glad it's the weekend! And I'm so glad I get to watch Parenthood tonight! Booyah! I love that show. Been counting the days . . . ah. Can't wait.
Greg and I have finally crossed the line where we need a DATE NIGHT, like every week. With Scarlet and before Scarlet, every night was date night. What was the point of going out and spending money? Now, it seems, if the kids are awake- we can't ever hold a conversation- let alone a sentence. It's the worst. And it seems week nights- there's always stuff to get DONE. So it's basically the weekends. It's new.
I had someone new clean the house for me this week. Yeah, they DIDN'T do a good job. The more time passes, the more I find that was NOT cleaned. Obvious things- like if you're going to clean the oven, you need to clean the INSIDE. If you clean the toilet, you need to clean more than the toilet bowl. Particularly underneath the seat. THAT one seemed a bit obvious to me. I didn't realize all of this until after she left, of course. I'm debating whether to try her a few more weeks or find someone new. The last lady I had was so good.
I bought a mop here that broke after the 3rd use. Everything here is so cheap. So I blew some dough on the Twist and Shout Mop. It's supposed to be pretty amazing. But it got all broken in transit. ARGH!!! I'm ordering another one, but I'm worried it will just get broken again, on the way.
Did I mention B is officially weaned????!!!!! It's pretty amazing! And he seems to be just fine. I went a good 4 days between the last 2 sessions, in which he WAS asking. But since the last time, he's been just fine. I gotta say, I enjoy snuggling him while he sucks on a smoothie far more than nursing him.
Anyone on pinterest can see I've been pinning veggie cookbooks like they're going out of style. I'm in need of some inspiration. I wish I could flip through them. I don't want to buy anything that has tofu in every recipe. I hate tofu. It makes me gag inside. And please, don't comment on how if it's cooked right, it's really good. I've had it, I hate it. It will never change. The whole idea of it disgusts me. Blended up pressed, bland grossness. It's like baby food for adults. I just refuse to do it.
Have a great weekend everybody!
7 comments:
so sorry B is sick again! Is it just because they are all new germs over there? Bummer. your kids are so so cute. B looks just like you and S just like greg.
I read the last 2 blogs, I am so happy for you that you got the boy weaned. Sorry he is sick, I think babies just have low immune systems. That said, they always put everything in their mouths too. I am sorry about the time zone. I am usually up until really late, I don't know what the time zone is over there. One of these days I will have to text you and see if you are awake. My cell phone reception isn't that good in this house. I am so happy for
Scarlet that she is potty trained. I love you guys so much and miss you Hugs
Megan I forgot to mention to you that I HATE tofu it is something that I just cannot get into and I gag every time I have eaten it. I agree totally with you Hugs
Love the pictures of the kids! They are so adorable, and I miss them. I'm loving that you are blogging so often. Keep it up!
i hate tofu, nasty. And that pic of the kids under the table is so cute!!!! so annoying about the cleaning lady, I wish you coul find a good one. dates- uhhhhhh i miss those! it's been awhile. love you
Love the pics!! The kids are sooooo cute. I love the ones under the table. I loved this age. My 3rd baby was the easiest, because Rebecca and Jake would play all the time when I was nursing Lizzie. It was great! Jake had a hard time at first, but then gave up and played with Rebecca instead of trying to get my attention.
Oh and date nights....a MUST!!!! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment