We're just shy of 4 months in Kyrgyzstan and I MISSSSSSSSS my loved ones. It seems more difficult as time passes to catch them on the phone/internet. And even when I do, it's never good timing. I soooooo wish I could call people in the day time. Oh well.
I looked at a friend's blog (from DC) for the first time, last night, and bust into tears. Didn't realize how much I missed them until last night. I think it's been an emotional week. A week of realizations. But I won't go into that. I think it's good I realized them and now I can move on, instead of thinking those things will go away. Whether that made sense or not, it doesn't really matter.
My sister had a baby and he's pretty dang cute! It makes me crave a little newborn! It's wild to think that will happen while we're here. I just think having a third will be quite a wild ride!
I don't know if it's the weaning or him growing older- but the veil has been lifted and I see that Brighton is a little toddler and not a baby anymore. I think he HASN'T been a baby for a long time. But to me, that's all I saw and I LOVED IT!!!! And suddenly, he isn't a baby. But I guess that's good. I need to discipline him more. Except he could pretty much care less when he's in timeouts. Scarlet always throws toys to him when he's in timeouts and they just play and laugh, even with him in the pac n play.
B is losin' weight. Like, too much weight. We're trying to stuff his face as much as we can. Like I made chocolate pudding last night, just so he could eat something especially fattening. I officially don't care if he drinks sugar juice or fish crackers or anything. He needs to put on weight. But it doesn't matter what I give him, his appetite has been so depressed. He was sick all week and I swear on Sunday he ate NOTHING. But he ran around playing all day. I don't understand it! I was going to take him in on Monday, but then he finally ate. But it has not been even close to what he WAS eating. He looks so much taller. I don't know if it is because he IS taller or because he got so skinny! It seems like it happened over night. He needs to eat more. He gets all excited when I feed him, but 5 bites later- he's done! No matter what! The ONLY thing he'll eat forever is chocolate. He's worse than any of us.
I think he's so skinny because he's literally sick every other week. So I think he's lost weight or not GAINED weight every other week the last 4 months we've been here and now it's finally showing. Greg tells me not to worry- but of course I do. Though I've been feeling better today.
Scarlet officially goes pee, wipes herself, washes her hands, flushes- the whole shabang all by herself. She tells me she wants privacy.
She wants to do everything herself, whenever possible. She's been my big helper lately. It's been really cool because now it actually IS helping! She can sweep pretty good! And she can help with dinner a lot better. Dropping less things, listening more about not touching the stove. It's been sweet. It seems we've been together a lot more. She listens to everything, even when I don't realize it.
I gave her a timeout for something Brighton did. I feel so bad. But she didn't hold it against me. I thought she took all the chocolate chips out of the date balls I made. She said Brighton did it, but I thought it was impossible, because they were in a bowl on the kitchen table. And it all seemed too intricate for Brighton. I gave her a timeout and she screamed and I was surprised she lied, because she never has before. Then Greg notices that the balls are all over the floor, missing chocolate chips as well. Scarlet wouldn't just toss them on the floor. That's something Brighton would do . . . hmm . . . . he climbed on a chair and just picked out all the chocolate! I can't believe it.
5 comments:
Scarlet is so funny. I love that she wants privacy. So funny. She is such a good little girl.
I didn't think about the government shutdown affecting you guys. Yikes. From everything I read, seriously everyone is still getting paid. And it seems the only real things closing are the national parks...so, that will definitely have an effect. What a big deal. Yeesh. *insert eye roll*
Love you!
Your kids are so sweet. I love the pictures in the last post of them simply grinning under the table. Nothing but sheer joy is seen in their faces. It's adorable. Thanks for commenting on my blog. :) I love hearing from you. Love and miss you so much!
I wish we didn't all live so far away from each other. I wonder if you should check Brighton for mono, there is a lot of it over here I don't know much about it. Just a thought. I hope he gets his eating worked out. Scarlet is so great, I think it is pretty special that she wants privacy. Pretty big for someone only 3 or is she that now. Hugs Love all of you
i'm so sorry brighton is worrying you. Maybe you should take a naked pic of him and send it to us sisters and mom and we can tell you if he really is all that skinny. I rememever being so worried about maddie and everyone thought she was just fine. I'm so sorry. It must be bad if you're throwing out all the eating rules. I'm so sorry. well I don't know what realizations you made, but i'm glad you realized them! ha. GOverment shut down, I still don't get it all the way. I keep asking mike and I still don't understand it. love you- oh and congrats on scar toilet trained, that's wonderful.
Oh my Megan, I wish I could beam myself there and be with you! Your little Brighton looks cute as a bug in a rug. (that is a strange saying) I think I would just concentrate on giving him the fattest food I could I think I would ad healthy fat to everything you make him. I would also pay attention to how he acts and if he's happy, I wouldn't worry too much. I remember my kids growning appearing skinny, then fattening up again, then growing and looking skinny, etc. I'm glad you reminded us of Christmas presents needing to go out early! I love that Scarlet is helping you so much. She reminds me of you. You were the most through worker I had. Its so cute when they "want privacy". Love and miss you!
Post a Comment