Greg and I both slept pretty bad the night before, but the kids slept 'till 7:30! It was a Christmas Miracle! Scarlet was talking about a pink kitty for the last 6 months and Santa wrote her a note saying he couldn't give her one, because they don't exist. I felt weird, reading his note first thing, like it was putting a major damper on the day, but then she was really excited to open her presents. So it didn't last long.
Between us and Grandparents, the kids made a pretty good haul, as usual.
Greg woke up with diarrhea. YES! We thought that's all it was for a few hours, then after presents and breakfast, he was exhausted, achey and suddenly he got the chills and couldn't shake them. We went from this- snuggled in his new hammock . . .
Lookin' good my man.
To this- MORE BLANKETS, wool socks AND his balaclava, turning up the heat, and he STILL WAS FREEZING!!! Poor guy. He watched one of his Christmas presents- Band of Brothers. He's been wanting it for years. It was going to be my FIRST SURPRISE EVER in our whole 8 years and then he told me I should get it and started talking all about it and before I knew it, the news had been spoiled- it was already downstairs, waiting for Christmas morning. I NEVER HAVE SUCCESS WITH SURPRISING THIS GUY!!!! It's the worst.
He woke up today, feeling much better.
The kids didn't watch TV at all on Christmas! It was amazing!!!! They just played all day! It was great! I was pretty exhausted with Greg sick and me tending to the kids. It just ended up like every other day, after the presents were opened. I was sort of bummed. But there are worse things. The morning was fun.
I pretty much dropped the ball on my activity bags the last week. We didn't even do the last 4 bags. It's sad too, because the last ones were the coolest ones! The best crafts and they all tied to a scripture about Christ's birth. Oh well. I'm still glad I did it, and have new perspective for how I want to change it next year.
All my sisters were making chocolates and I was so wishing I was doing it with them. I didn't expect to, but when I saw it all, it made me home sick and I wanted to make a batch. I couldn't up and do it, I needed to order things they don't have here. Next year.
B woke up. Gotta go!
6 comments:
I am sorry Greg got sick, what a bummer. I am so glad you had a dinner for your church group. It is so nice to do something like that. I bet they really had a good time. I loved the pictures of you at the piano. I so enjoy the pictures of Scarlet and Santa. I bet that was fun watching, I love your blog. Miss you guys. Hugs
Ugh that sucks Greg was sick! But the kids are so cute and I'm glad you had a good morning!!!! Miss you and love you!
Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy with all of the holiday stuff! That stinks that Greg got so sick though.
Poor greg! That's a bummer he got sick. Such great pictures- and such cute kids! Can't wait to see them (and you)! Glad we got to Skype! We should do it again soon.
That is so sad but Greg got sick. I hope you don't get sick. The kids look so cute I'm sure they had a ball!! I think it's amazing you did the Christmas activities as much as you did Amy and I went to Michael's so she can do some next year she loved your idea. Love you
i loved seeing what the kids got for christmas. I can't believe Greg was so sick on Christmas day! that is awful! And a bummer for you that you had to do everything :( the pink kitty- oh man- haha. love you!
Post a Comment