Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The embassy threw a Breakfast with Santa Party. It was so much fun! I was so excited because they were serving pancakes and I knew my kids would eat those and I was SO EXCITED that Scarlet would get to see SANTA CLAUSE!!!!

This was the first time of her seeing him and GETTING it. I was really curious if she was going to be afraid of him or really excited. She was both. She wouldn't go near him for a good hour. But at the very end, when the crowds had passed, they crossed paths and he started talking to her and suddenly she was on his lap telling him that she wanted a PINK KITTY for christmas. A REAL pink kitty. I'm curious what's going to happen tomorrow when she doesn't get one. She's been talking about pink kitty's for a good 6 months. We actually ORDERED one online and received a pink DOG. It was cute to watch her with Santa. Greg missed it. But it all happened so fast, I didn't want to stop it from happening by running to find him.


The kids were pounding on the piano and everyone was whining about it. It didn't bother me too much. Maybe because it's a weekly occurrence at my house. But Greg mentioned to the hostess that I play the piano and could play christmas songs. She went and grabbed a couple books and I nervously started playing but continued a good 30+ minutes and really liked playing by the end. Multiple people mentioned how nice it was. I was happy to do it. I don't know why I always feel so weird playing for people. I don't want to annoy them. I don't play perfectly.


We had a great time. I was so grateful the embassy did it. It was a good taste of home and the holidays.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I bet they just love you to pieces over there. Scarlet with Santa was so cute! A pink kitty...hahah have you expressed to her that pink kitties don't really exist!? Oh man...hopefully she is happy still! haha what a cutie. Love you.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

cute pictures!!! Those pics of Scarlet on Santas lap were soooo precious!! I figured the embassy would have a Santa. We were talking about it today or at Rebecca's. I think it is weird for you because you don't do it a lot. I love hearing you play! love you!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Oh what happened about the pink kitty?

Megan and Greg said...

Santa wrote back that he couldn't bring one because they aren't real. It was a sad way to start the morning, but she didn't protest and was excited about the presents :)

Amy said...

You look so beautiful in all these pictures! I love your hair that length. I just read a bunch of posts and I am going to comment on all of them here. That wrapping Christmas books up and opening one everyday until the actual day is such a good idea! I need to do that! It's crazy that you hosted so many Christmas parties. That would totally stress me out. I should look into this book that you are reading. It sounds good. Disneyland Paris sounds AMAZING! Your kids are so so beautiful! Congratulations on the pregnancy.