We had our Church Group over for a Holiday Dinner! Tricia (our neighbor and the mormon family that moved here) is on the left. Next to her is Lisa, she's a nonmember that comes every week because her son is on a mission in Germany and coming to church makes her feel close to him. She almost couldn't make it, but was able to last minute, and we were all really happy about it. I don't remember the guy's name, next to her- he's pretty newly transferred to the base, the one in green is Adam and he's just a really relaxed and social guy. We have been getting to know him quite well the last few weeks. I forget the one next to him (everybody is seriously new within the last 3 weeks) and Matthew is next to Greg. He's our Church Group Leader. He's super nice. His wife is home with 5 kids (one of which only 2 months old) and just got called to be Primary President. Are you feeling like you can never feel sorry for yourself again? That's what I feel like, every time I think of his wife. These are the regulars, along with a couple that weren't able to make it. We have a great group. There were just 4 of us, for the longest time and the last 4 weeks there's just been a big SWOOSH of extra people and we have such a great attendance now!
The one on the left was taking the pic above. His name is Robbie. He's a nonmember and doesn't come to our group, but he's best friend's with Adam and came along. We had met him once before. He carved the turkey and was super helpful. He was praising my turkey and wanted the recipe. So I loved having him around :)
Everyone was so grateful and kind. They were all smiles. It was quite a big deal to get them off base to our house. A lot of paperwork and approvals, but it all worked out! We were really happy to do it. It was nice to do something for them. To serve them. We really wanted to.
Tomorrow's Christmas Eve. I love that there is nothing to do but bake cookies and do crafts with my kids. I hope we stay in our pajamas all day!!! I really do. I just want a relaxed, low key day.
Merry Christmas everyone!
2 comments:
You are so great. What a wonderful thing you did! I bet it just made their Christmas so amazing. I know what you mean about loving having people around like that guy. It really makes life so much better when there is someone appreciating your food and efforts! How fun. You will be blessed for that service! Love you!
Uhhhm how did i get so behind on your blog? did you tell us you blogged?! YIKES! I need to catch up. OK- I will when maddie goes to bed! Man! So much to read!
Post a Comment