Today we're having one of those days. You know, one of those days where your bathrooms smell really bad because for some reason the smell of the sewer just creeps up and you can't block it out. Today it is especially bad- record breaking- we may as well be swimming in someone's butt. And we're just brushing the kids teeth, amongst the most intense aroma of poo. And I can't help but think, how it's just wrong to smell someone else's poo as we're tending to our hygiene. It's just not supposed to be this way. Most days are not like this, but a lot of days are milder versions of this. And it stinks- pun intended :)
And then you drive through all the pollution, which is a daily thing. It's not new. But today, thinking of breathing all of it in. That it LOOKS like it's in the distance, but you know in your mind, you're actually IN IT, is just the grossest feeling. It's like your lungs are just being molested and there's NOTHING you can do about it. You just keep breathing, knowing none of it is fresh air. None of it. And you wonder about the effects on your health and hope it's not permanent because really, there's not a thing you can do about it.
And then there's the driving. Oh man. Can't even talk about it. I think and sometimes say out loud, things I never thought I would think or say about anyone. Things I think are so inappropriate and just false- but IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO THINK HERE SOMETIMES!!!! I just can't even talk about it or I'll say something really horrible.
Oh man. I mean really, these things are constant. But today- they've gotten to us.
Bleh.
Well, I'm back from London and jet lag couldn't have gone smoother. Almost non existent which is so great. It's what I was hoping for. It's great being back with the kids, and of course Greg. We all went to church today for the first time in a month! Crazy! We literally missed the whole month of February from sickness, to out of town-ness, to blizzard weather/bad driving reasons. It felt great to go to church and Primary actually went pretty well. So that was nice.
The tummy is just getting bigger. It's starting to get UNCOMFORTABLE. I've just crossed the line. Like if I don't sit up straight, my lungs are squished and it's hard to breathe. And when I realize I'm only half way thru my pregnancy and know it's going to get WORSE, ugh- it's just not a fabulous thought to think about. But I'm starting to get really excited for our baby to come, actually! You know, I'm so distracted, I don't think about the details too much. But we were all eating dinner, last night, having quite a fabulous time. We were all laughing and giggling, the kids were being cute and funny and I just imagined this smiley little boy in a high chair, giggling with us and I got really excited. I love my kids. I really think I have the best kids on the planet and I just can't wait to have another one 'cause I just know the next one will be as amazing and bring new and wonderful things to our family. And it gets me rather excited, when I actually have time to think about it.
I'm so excited for the week! No one's sick (though honestly, the kids have had some constant fevers, but don't seem to be effected by them), so I'm excited to get out and PLAY!!!! I'm hoping for a happy week. Bye!
4 comments:
oh my gosh- swimming in a butt- hahaha great description- haha. oh man. that is awful. the pollution, yowsa. i'm glad you're excited about your 3rd baby. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about baby #2, can i do it?! it sounds really hard! i love you so much! wishi could call you whenever i wanted, it seems like multiple times i just wanted to talk to you.
I hope you survive all of that sewer gas. That stuff is poison you know. I Love you so much and am so happy for you to be having another boy. What fun for Brighton and Scarlet. It will be great to see you. I think it would be hard to drive there also. I am glad you have a driver. I think it is wonderful that you got to see London again. fun times Hugs
I cannot wait for you guys to come back to have this baby! I can't wait to see all of you, and to meet this new little guy! So exciting!
Glad you got over your jetlag so quickly and that you're back with your family. Talk to you soon!
I was laughing out loud ready your description of the smells! So gross!
Post a Comment