Saturday, January 10, 2015

Some pics while Pat and Randy were here-





The kids have been really into "building castles" lately.





We went sledding in Ala Arch. MAN IT WAS COLD!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even describe. Notice a lot of our faces are covered up because it was that freakin' cold.

Brighton would push us to get us going on the sled, which honestly was rather helpful and then he'd chase us down the entire way. It was adorable.



Time for a break and some hot chocolate!

Brighton can get pretty impatient and grumpy when chocolate is involved.



It was BEAUTIFUL. It just snowed the night before so all the trees were freshly covered and it was so beautiful! I just kept thinking how it was a winter wonderland. 

It was so cold. I was a little worried Marius wouldn't keep warm, but he was fine.

Greg took Randy snow camping. Greg's been wanting to go since we arrived, but has had the HARDEST time finding anyone to go with!!! They said it was beautiful weather and they had a great time.


On the way out they stopped down the street to get some bread. This is our bread guy. See that hole, in front of him? That's where the bread cooks.

They take a stick and stick it on the sides and it bakes. It costs less than 50 cents. We eat them often.

They hiked for a few hours. Greg accidentally stepped into a snow covered stream within the first five minutes so his feet were soaked and cold the whole time. Isn't this a lovely bridge they crossed?


Pretty glorious sight.

This is Barrack. He's in our church group. He's completely a mini-Greg. They are into all the same outdoor things. It was neat his parents let him join in. He also stepped in the creak. This is Greg and him warming up their feet after getting the tent set up.


It was a pretty tight squeeze for all of them. They all slept great and stayed warm, but their water bottles froze, even though they were inside the tent. So it must've been cold!


This is Greg talking to me on the phone. He just shoved it in his balaclava.


On the way back, they stumbled upon this! And a little ways off they found the head and it was a BOAR!!!! Freaky!!!










Seriously. Amazing view.

What a great pic.

When they came home, they set up the tent in the living room to dry out. The kids loved it and played inside for awhile.

They put the sleeping bags inside and pretended to sleep.

I love these pics of Marius. They really capture his expression perfectly. I look at this and think- this is my little Marius! He's always got the sweetest and happy smile. He just looks happy and I know he is!!! We all love him so much!!!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH THE BRIDGE. I bust out laughing. And I"m sorry greg, but - WHY?!!!!! Camping in the snow? sounds miserable!!! I'm glad his dad was there to do it with him though since he's been wanting to do it for so long. awesome pics. the boar, did someone kill it and skin it? or did an animal do that to it? such cute pics of hte kids. andi love your blocks/! I love the old vintage looking ones. I love you! it is so nice to catch up! I have to stop now though. love you bye!

Lizzie said...

Man, you always post so much I feel like I need a pad and paper to jot down everything I want to comment on!!! I just don't know how you document so much! I'm so glad that Greg took pics of you at the market. It reminds me of the farmers market I go to. I always feel bad walking past the venders I don't buy from and they try to get me to come over. But the ones I go to I LOVE and they always give the kids free stuff because I always buy from them. Except your market looks FREEZING!!!! You are so beautiful in all these pictures. You look so young and thin. The pictures of your city look like shad's pics of russia. horribly ugly. so much concrete. I can't think of anything worse than camping in a snow cave. I just don't get it. Marius is so cute and chubby. I'm so glad he's happy. I actually did catch up on all the posts I've missed but can't remember what else I was gonna comment on! You are such a super mom with all those parties. I love the pictures of church to give us a better idea. Love you so much!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I just don't get it, the camping out in the snow??? I would freeze, and not be able to walk. I would be too cold. I don't know how Randy takes it. Isn't he as old as Steve? I loved the pictures of the snow though, it looks so pretty, and you're right it looks like a winter wonderland. Maruis does look so happy. I loved the pics of him. you are so lovely and so slim. Love you all

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Great pics!! That is beautiful country. As much as I like to camp, I couldn't have done that, I HATE the cold. How fun for that boy. Yes your Marius is so cute and I am so happy that he is so happy! That is so funny about Brighton running down the hill. I wish I had half there energy!! love you!! Thanks for doing this!! and most importantly sharing it!!!