The kids love creeping into our room after we put them to bed in their room. We find them asleep with the lights on in our bed all the time. It's really sweet and cute. Sometimes I'll come up to get something, and I hear their whispers, "are you ready? let's go!" or I'll see them run fast back into their room once they see me coming. It's funny.
It's crazy to me how they just fall asleep with the lights so bright.
Greg's been making a point to get out his guitar which everyone has loved. I bought him some new music for Christmas- Taylor Swift, Jack Johnson and The Beatles. I thought Bob Dylan was a genius idea, but turned out to be a dud for him. Oh well.
The kids will crawl all over him while he plays.
We got an ukulele last night and it's already been played so much- by Greg, Scarlet and I. We all love it. It's so much fun and sounds so happy. Ukuleles are happy instruments. I feel like it's our Blendtec. There was life before the Blentdec, and now our life after- and it's so much better. I feel like that will be our Ukulele. I've also been playing the piano lately- which has been great. The kids have never really let me play in the past. They'd whine or just want to play themselves so I've kind of forgotten about it- but now they actually LIKE it! Or they just run along and play by themselves while I enjoy myself. It's nice to have so much music in the house.
I love this kid.
Playing Red Light, Green Light. They love it.
We made cupcakes for Valentines Day and eventually I told B he couldn't have anymore and this is what happened. It ALWAYS happens. This boy is worse than me. Me times TEN. No control over sweet intake. None.
I honestly never want to make anything sweet because it's DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA until the sweets have all been eaten. It's hard. It pretty much ruins every holiday, because am I NOT going to make something for a special occasion? The kids decorated these.
Seriously, I think this kid is handsome.
Marius is pretty much perfect. He's just got a sweetness about him. This is when he was pushing himself backwards and getting stuck everywhere. Pretty cute. Many times he pushed himself halfway under the couch and would cry. I'd come to find him and see his upper half sticking out from the couch. So funny everytime.
Bah. The last month has been rough. Marius has been having all kinds of eating issues and it's stressed me out a lot. LONG story short, he doesn't care to drink milk. He doesn't want to breastfeed or drink milk from a bottle. He LOVES baby food though. So now we scoop formula (a whole bottle's worth!) into his baby food and give him that four times a day with water and any nursing from me is a bonus. But I'm pretty sure that's gonna die by the end of next week. He only wanted to nurse this morning and that was it! So maybe we'll hang onto the mornings, maybe not. We shall see. It's nice to finally come to terms with it all. I was fighting it a lot, trying to get him to nurse or atleast use a bottle and I'd have to lock myself in his room, turn out the lights, turn on the noise machine and pray the kids didn't disrupt us. But he just keeps pushing me and the bottles away and starts playing with his feet or rolling over. He just wants to play- milk is not a priority for him. He just barely turned 8 months! But when we pull out a baby jar of food- OH MY he gets SO excited! I only decided to give up nursing completely 2 nights ago, so this is all very new. Not to mention strange. I've never heard of anyone else experiencing this. I'm glad Greg thought of putting formula in his food, because I don't know how else he'd get enough calories.
He popped out two teeth! And he did it wonderfully. He was just a little fussy at night, wanted to be held instead of go right down and the next day we discovered a tooth. Same with the second. I'm pretty sure it's happening again tonight. This is just how Scarlet was. Her teeth were always such a surprise. Each one. I never knew they were coming.
He is crawling! I love watching him crawl. It's so little and he's so methodical and self motivated. I love it. He's just so cute. We've decided he's the last and we're starting to sell all our baby clothes and things. Kinda strange, but exciting at the same time.
4 comments:
I can see how knowing it's the last would be exciting and sad and strange. I imagine being so old when I get rid of that stuff but i guess I could be getting rid of stuff this year (if i decided we were done) or in a few years (i don't see myself having more than 3 unless things change! ha) Seriously- how mom did it i have no clue. Your pics are SO CUTE and they are REALLY good too! WHen I read your blog and see your pics its so inspiring but it just seems like it woul take so much time. hopefully i get there again. oh my gosh the pic of brighton reacting to no more treats- I know it's a sad pic but it was so funny and cute. I'm so glad marius is such a sweet boy. I love you!
The pictures of the kids sleeping is so cute! Anna has been asking to take naps in Ari's bed, and I keep thinking it would never work, but seeing those two sleeping in the bed makes me think it might. They are so cute! And Marius! He is growing up so fast! They are all going to be so different when we get together this time compared to last summer. It's amazing what a year does to kids.
Love love love the pics. I am so glad you blog. I know it is time consuming but I love it!
I didn't realize this was here!
So cute- all the music, the games, the kids. So so cute.
So interesting about Marius and the milk. Asher pretty much just loves all things he can eat, except green beans I suppose.
He was asleep in my arms after I fed him and as soon as I put him in the crib he woke up and has been talking in his crib for 15 minutes. Sigh...babies.
I cannot believe your teething experience. Seriously. Asher's teeth have fussiness for like weeks! AGH!
Poor Brighton. I worry about Asher in this regard because we gave him a lick of chocolate frosting the other day and he had this little smile on his face then he GRABBED my finger and shoved it in his mouth and was sucking like, super strongly on my finger. Those pictures were pretty cute though.
Love you!!!
Post a Comment