Friday, December 2, 2016

September and October

I started preschool with Brighton. He was loving it and it was going so well, but somehow it's tapered off. We do it every once in awhile. I want to borrow this teaching program/book from a friend to teach him to read. We'll see how we like it. When we do it, he has a lot of fun. But sometimes it's hard for him to focus. Like I'll say, "This is an H." And he goes, "No! It's a W!" Then I say, "No, it's an H." He yells, "No! It's a W!" and round and round we go. He just wants to play and have fun. Poor little Brighton broke his arm. He had to get xrays and it took forever and they made me twist his arm this way and that and he was SCREAMING and crying and I was holding back tears the whole time. It was unbearable. I felt like I was torturing him and it was so horrible. The cast wasn't water proof and I kept forgetting and letting him play in water and it would get soggy and wet and stink after awhile. Eventually we'd just take it off to dry and put a sling on him.

While Greg was in Singapore, the kiddos and I talked to him every night on Facetime. It was always the hi light of the day. We all missed him very much. This is him on my phone talking to the kids.

 See his little face? Marius always struggled to not grab the phone and not let anyone else use it.

Scarlet turned 6!!!!! Very exciting day.

We celebrated Daddy's bday too because he wasn't home for his birthday. Greg turned 33.


Presents! Scarlet had been complaining about her nightgowns getting too small.

Jewelry making stuff.

Nerf Gun!

Scarle had her first friend birthday party!!!! I always felt bad for Scarlet. Everytime she had a birthday it seemed we had either just moved somewhere and didn't have friends yet- or I'd just had a baby and did not feel up to it. And now 6 years had gone by and she finally gets one. I was really glad. I really wanted to do something special for her.

I was very particular with planning and wanted everything to be perfect. We started with a scavenger hunt- which the kids LOVED. It was adorable. They ran everywhere in a little herd laughing and screaming with delight. I was so happy they loved it.

Oh yes, they also decorated their own crowns. It was a Fancy Nancy party, so everyone was supposed to come in fancy clothes. Reading clues . . .

Finding them. The big prize was a huge box filled with beads to make jewelry. Then everyone made jewelry.

Then we played musical chairs.

They decorated their own cupcakes. She is so cute!!!


Little Marius was cute in his crown.
 Ah, she is so beautiful. She had the best time and was smiling the whole time.



Opening presents!

It was really fun. She invited friends from church and school.

When Daddy was gone I took the kids to this really cool Dinosaur Exhibit. When Greg came back, we went again. It was super cool












Greg is in Young Mens as a Scout Leader. They have Scout Meetings every week and YM and YW activities atleast twice a month (on Saturdays).

We've been doing a lot of bike riding together and it's been so wonderful- we love it! A couple times Greg wore Marius in a pack, Scarlet on her bike, Brighton on his trike or balance bike and me. Now we have an awesome trailer for Marius and Brighton has gotten so good on his balance bike- it's all getting easier and less nerve racking out on the road. Drivers can be really reckless and drive way too fast and close to the kids- it's stressful! But we've found a sidewalk right by our house they can ride on without disruption, so I'm psyched about that. It's been really amazing. Whenever we go on our sunday walks or bike rides and I see my whole family before me I just think, "I love I my life."



Marius being silly.

 The kids and I are always exploring nature- looking at different plants, bugs and animals. We've never experienced so much nature in our entire lives as much as we do just stepping into our yard. This day we found 2 big snails and watched them for a really long time. One was hiding and still while the other was just cruisin' along like we weren't even there. I gotta say- it was really cool to see them so close up and such GIANT ones.

We threw a last minute Halloween Party!!! A lot of people were out of town that week, so we didn't know if it was gonna work out- but it was a success! We even had trick or treating and it was SUPER FUN! We easily had 9 doors to trick or treat from, just inside- so we manned the stations with 4 of us, running from door to door, trying to beat the kids to hand out candy. It was really fun. I'm so glad we did it. Trick or Treating STINKS in this country- so it was great to do American style.

Greg and I sewed our Mummy costumes (Greg spent a full week of nights on his, but it looked awesome), Scarlet was a ghost and Brighton a Wild Kratt (from his favorite TV show).

 We planned games for the kids. Shooting cups with guns.

Lots of volunteers.

A mummy wrapping contest.

To the left is Alma, my best friend here! I love her and her family so much. Little Enzo (her son) is getting wrapped up.


Then we put on The Monster Mash and did the Limbo. It was SO FUN. I loved watching the kids. They were so adorable.


I love this picture of Scarlet doing it. 

Getting ready to trick or treat.


Organizing their hauls and trading. I loved watching them, it reminded me so much of my childhood.

Kimi and Sato

I love my man. He was so helpful, as always.

Marius was going CRAZY after with all the sugar. As you can see, he was literally crawling on walls.

Scarlet wore her costume all night.
 The kids got REALLY into decorating this year. These are witches on their brooms. I love them. After that they got carried away and made all kinds of things and stuck them all over the walls. Then they decorated their rooms. Even little Marius gave me crumpled up pieces of paper to tape on the wall.

No comments: