So the summer before Greg bought a kayak and only had a few days to practice in the pool with it and he never got his roll down. So all year he watched videos about rolling on youtube and he was really excited to try it. Well he finally got it down and took his kayak out on the river! He loved it. He said it was COLD, but fun.
We went to the park with cousins. It was HOT. The kids had fun. There was a random bouncy house set up and the guy in charge let all the kids get in for free. Super nice of him. So they all waited in line, again and again to bounce in the house.
The moms stayed in the shade with the babies. Sari came, which was unexpected and it was really good to see her. I'm always surprised how much I enjoy Sari. We always have a lot to talk about and we get along really well.
We finally got to meet Bradley and Miles and they were well loved. Brighton LOVED them!!!! It was so sweet to see. He was so good with them. He'd play with them and they'd laugh. Super sweet and super cute.
Scarlet, of course, wanted to hold the babies too.
The kids taped this together and loved it and fought over it and eventually it went outside because they were being too noisy with it, but here's Marius. I think the only thing that was hard was the babies were so small, they were always napping and it was difficult to keep quiet for them. Also, Christ and Laurel's dog Luna completely terrified my kids, no matter how much we assured them she's a nice dog, so she had to stay outside, which was hard for her- being an inside dog- and Brighton refused to go outside because he was so afraid! That was really difficult too, because it was a nonstop thing. Other than that it was good to see everybody.
We went on a river float with Pat and Randy. Scarlet LOVED it. Brighton and Marius HATED IT and were terrified. However, they talk about it constantly as if it was a great experience and can't wait to do it again this summer.
The water was cold and the candy was sweet. I was a little freaked out that the kids would pop out on some rapids. They were bigger than expected. Greg kept assuring me, "They have life jackets." But knowing they could SWIFTLY fly down a river- out of control, with rapids and HUGE rocks that could easily bash their heads- that didn't comfort me.
Right on the other side of this bush, as we were setting up our float, was a hippie couple that was clearly stoned and possibly homeless. Then upon our arrival there were 3 young women, and they decided to swim completely in the nude and stand there talking, right in front of Greg and the kids as if being naked was completely normal. I did not appreciate it and it was hard for me not to say, "Hey, do you mind not being naked in front of my husband? AND my kids?" But instead we tolerated it. Scarlet was shocked and kept saying, "Mommy! She's naked! She's not supposed to be naked! Why is she naked? Mommy stop looking!"
Greg's cousin Zack came to Rogue River for river float with Greg, Chris, Jeff and Randy. They all had a good time. I think they only stayed one night, but it felt like eternity. The kids refused to sleep and I was losing it as far as not having a moment of peace to myself. When they got back, Zack cut all these fat deposits out of Jeff and it was SO DISGUSTING. It was wonderful to watch. I absolutely loved it. I can only imagine my face as I was watching the whole thing. It was absolutely disgusting and amazing to watch all at the same time. I love seeing people in their field of expertise. Seeing a different life, a different type of work. I love it. It was also fun to talk to Zack, I've never really spent time with him and I know Greg likes him a lot, so it was nice to finally get to know him better.











No comments:
Post a Comment