
Work has slowed down this month so I woke up Friday with no work until 2:45pm! What to do? We ended up hiking up the Ridgeline Trail all the way up to Spencer's Butte! I'd never really hiked the Ridgeline before. It was pretty! It was cool how it was all grown in. Now Ford's you can't laugh at me, but we hiked for 2 hours!!!! I think that's the longest hike I've ever been on! By the end (for those who know can remember the big rocks to climb at the end) I was moving so slow. I was amazed. I felt like an old person. But there was no way I could go any faster! We didn't remember to take a picture at the top. This is towards the end of the trail. It was nice to get out. And a great work out. It's great, I never would have made it as far without Greg. He pushes me (in a good way).
14 comments:
How fun! Good for you. That is a long hike!!! It looked way pretty though. That's good. I love you and miss you so much! You'll have to call me after you finish the books! Even if it's just twilight- aren't they amazing???
GO MEGAN!! for me these days its a hike just to get to the bathroom especially when im in town
I love hiking! I'm glad you got out and enjoyed it and didn't give up! Good for you!It looks like a fun one. p.s. yes you actually carve your pumpkin when under the water, in the dark, with your little underwater flashlight. Paul had a dive knife luckily that we used.
Cool Megs!!
That sounds like so much fun! How nice not to have work all morning! I miss that about oregon...all the pretty hikes. We went to red rocl canyon this past week, which was gorgeous, but after 3 minutes of walking around and hiking on the rocks, I saw a big black snake! GROSS!!
That sounds like fun! And it looks so pretty. What a great deal, being able to workout and enjoy beautiful scenery at the same time!
I totally thought it was Greg writing at first since it was a pic of him. And I thought it was weird that he'd never been on a hike that long. = ) Then I caught on.
You got to remember that when hiking up hill, the last half of the hike is the easiest, all down hill.
Great job Megan, a gold star for you.
Dan
I'm glad to see that you are finally embracing your inner-nature-loving Eugenean side.
Just don't embrace it to the point where you are camping in trees and not shaving your legs, okay?
super coolio! Hey I go on itty-bitty hikes and I think they're rad. It's all in if you had a good time. Glad you did! Good for you!
I am very impressed! You have become so adventurous. I think that its great that Greg pushes you. Hiking sounds easy but it never is. Even walking up a slight incline for any amount of time gets me breathing hard. Great job!
Good job! Exercise hates me (that's better than the claim that I hate exercise, isn't it?), so hiking is a rare occurance in this house. I prefer nice, long, sloooow walks on pavement at night so I can gawk into the windows of people who haven't shut their blinds yet...ah the life of a snoop. Good exercise though!
Good for you!! I loved that trail and it is hard!!!
oh and that is a great pic of greg!
ahhh i'm jealous! that sounds so fun and i'm so proud of you man!!!! I wish that i was hiking right now instead of attending 3 MORE CLASSES ON A FRIDAY!! shoot man! anywaysss.... that's a sweet picture of greg!!! great job!
Post a Comment