I'm bored and I just can't bring myself to watch anymore tv because I have watched way too much and it was so pointless and wasteful! So I've worked out. Yeah and it killed me. I haven't worked out since I was sick, and that was a month ago now. That is not good. And I've been feeling it in my back. So I decide tonight to just do my upper body work so my back will stop hurting. Within 3 minutes my arms are DYING!!!! I'd never gotten so tired so quickly with that work out. But I finished out the 10 minutes and decided, "This is good. Now on to the Abs. Lets just do the whole thing (my body that is)." And again, 3 minutes into the workout I was dying. I did NOT finish that work out. Very depressing. I haven't been this out of shape in a LONG time. It's hard because I look in the mirror and I think I'm pretty small and look pretty good. But if I got in a swimsuit and went out in PUBLIC I wouldn't feel as good- that's for SURE. And then I was watching the TODAY show or something and they had their Health Segment and it's good because with every news show "health" comes up and then I am instantly motivated because I don't want to die a slow and painful death. I want to die old, but feel good on the way. And I just made some chocolate covered peanutbutter balls and was so excited to eat them and then I watched the health stuff and suddenly looked down at the pile of chocolates I was eating and felt disgusted and I couldn't eat anymore. I'm sure that will pass and I'll finish them off this week.
So the work out only lasted a sad 14 1/2 minutes and then I played the piano a bit, which I love (you know, High School Musical- singin' loud) but I've been doing a lot of that also. The kitchen does need to be cleaned, but that's easy to put off 'cause it would probably only take 15 minutes. But that's dangerous because I put it off and suddenly it's tomorrow and the kitchen is still messy. I hate messy kitchens. So then I had this fabulous idea to work on my novel. Yes that's right. I've had this fabulous idea in my head for a year now about writing a novel based on all my terrible dates and crazy hair stories from work. I have GREAT real life experiences to make an amazing comedy(atleast I think so) but it is hard to put it all in a book. So I click into Microsoft Word and without typing even one word I close it. Idea-less. And now here I am.
9 comments:
Oh Megan, I love you! I totally know what you mean. I get bored, think- do the dishes, work out, do SOMEthing...but I can never quite bring myself to do these things. I think part of it for ME, is that I have worked all day and therefore feel like I don't need to do anything else. I bet it is the same with you. Anyway, I love your novel idea. You should totally do it. I'd buy it. AND read it. You are so funny. If only we were living by each other we could at least do nothing together! I love you and miss you!!! Oh yeah- everytime I try to work out, I get tired after 3 minutes as well.
Your blog made me laugh! I love yo sooo much! I have so much to do and am so far behind. I wonder if that is the plight of life! From your blog today I think a book sounds great!!!! It would be like the James Herriot books, have you ever read those? They are great, heart warming, and hilarious. good for you for working out! That is my reason for working out. I think I am going to be here a looonnnnngggg time, so I want to enjoy it! well, I really do need to go to bed!!! see you soon!
I love you. I'm sorry you are bored. Why don't you start a project? You do not need to worry about the way you look, you just hav to worry about the way you feel as in- how much you get out of breath, and tired, and energy, BUT not feeling ugly or fat, you look amazing, and I have never thought you weren't amazing looking. If I wrote a book based on past dating experiences- even funny ones- Mike would die. He can't handle that. You're lucky you can. I love you. I've been meaning to ask you a question regarding ME, not you, but I keep forgeting to ask you it, maybe I'm not meant to ask it or then. Oh well, I guess I'll ask you eventualy maybe! Love you.
Winter doldrums...spring is just around the corner. Go for a walk and see if you notice anything suggesting spring is coming. I have flower bulbs peeking out at me! The sun has been shining for 4 days! Enjoy!
Blogging is always a good idea...if you get stuck writing your book, just write a blog, and keep on writing and writing and writing until you do start thinking of ideas. Maybe that helps, I've never written a book, but I would think that writing begets writing. Man, I should be your manager or something. I am so smart.
I think you're skinny and beautiful and look great! I have been so bad at exercising, it's so sad. Good for you for at least trying!
I LOVE YOU!
Wow, I thought that I was the only one that got BORED!! I do know what you mean housework always waits so patienly and then you're behind and walla you HAVE to do it in self defense or you're buried. I think a novel is a great thing and a good idea. By all means do it. I love you Grandma
Megan! You are hilarious. I totally know what you mean about the working out business. It has been 6 months since I had my son and I am still WAY out of shape. It is bad times.
Well I am coming in to get my hair done tomorrow. YAH! See you then!
I loved this post...it's so real. It made me laugh too. A novel!!! I LOVE it!!! I think you should continue (or start). Can't wait to see you!!!
You're not alone. I do the same thing but continue eating the chocolate peanut butter balls.
Post a Comment