
Last weekend Shannon got married to Ralf Faukinbury ( I don't know if I spelled that right ). We drove up Friday for Shannon and Chris to get endowed. It was incredible. There were 14 family members there. Aunts, cousins, brothers, parents. It was amazing to see everyone in white together. It really changed my perspective or impressed the reality of forever families in my mind. I'd never been with so much family all at once in the temple. The amazing thing was how close I felt to everyone, though no one was a blood relative. It really truly felt like my family. It was nice. Also I'd never been in an endowment session that was so full! There were only a few empty seats! That was another feeling. I'd look around and just felt like we were the Lord's army. It was neat.
All the family got together for pizza at the hotel. It was great being all together. I think it was the first time I haven't felt overwhelmed by all the Jentzsch's. Granted, I get overwhelmed when my whole family gets together as well. It really was just a nice weekend. The sealing was wonderful, of course. They were very cute. I was surprised on how BRIDAL Shannon looked (she originally wasn't even going to get a dress) but she looked fabulous! It completely worked! Speaking of the dress . . . we had a panic attach the night before discovering it didn't fit! But Pat bought a new ribbon and some safety pins and it all worked out- PHEW!!!! The weather was great! Very sunny! The reception was full of talking with family and old friends: Constance and Jerry, Yumi and Christian, Richey. It was great to catch up.
Afterwards we got to hang out with Richey for a few hours. We hadn't seen him in MONTHS!!!! He lives in Portland. We got to meet his boyfriend and they took us to this AMAZING sushi restaurant! I had NO IDEA sushi could taste like that. It has ruined all other sushi for us. Wow. Incredible. It was SO GOOD seeing Richey and getting to know Eric.
Then we drove home listening to the Postal Service and The Decemberists . . . until I took over and put on all my pop music!
Easter: Well, we didn't think much about it because of the wedding. We didn't know where we'd even be! But Greg's Dad Randy ended up driving home, thru town, that day and stopped in to rest and hang out. Chris came over and we made Mexican Bean Pie- one of our favorite dishes! It wasn't very festive, but I was glad we had family over for the holiday.
3 comments:
WE were a little bummed we didnt get to come to shannons wedding but we had his little sisters wedding reception in everett the same day. Im sad we missed seeing you!
Sounds fun, and was an inspiration as well in the Temple. I love the Temple and am so sorry I don't get to work there anymore. It certainly lets you know there is more to our world. Love gramdma
That was so amazing. You had such neat eternal perspectives. I am so happy for you!!! I love the temple for that very reason, it seems to be the only place I can consistently feel the reality of eternity. I feel it at other times, but never as strongly as I feel it there. I love you great love and acceptance of all people Megan. Heavenly Father has truly blessed you with that great gift!! I am very happy and humbled to be your mother!
Post a Comment