Thursday, October 16, 2008
MAD
Europeans are stupid, do you want to know why? I'm going to tell you. Greg and I have been working our BUTTS off to get me a stupid visa. We started this process MONTHS ago!!!! We spend EONS of hours looking for an apartment to live in because we needed a contract. GREG doesn't need one, but if he wants his FAMILY with him, we needed this. This was IMPOSSIBLE to get and literally took us months to aquire. We finally get everything they told us to get and send in our visa applications and they send us back Greg's passport with a visa and tell me that I can't have one until Greg gets a special form while he is IN BELGIUM!!!! Wow. We've called, emailed a billion times and they just FORGOT to tell us this IMPORTANT DETAIL!!!! So I guess our rental contract didn't matter at all. You needed more and just DIDN'T tell us. What is wrong with them? Well, they made it sound like it would be no big deal so we said, "Well, atleast we know I'm GOING to get a visa." So we spend $800 on a last minute ticket back to the states so I can bring this document to the embassy. But no!!!! Weeks have gone by and we STILL don't have this document. People don't send things they say they're going to send. People don't come to the apartment when they say they're going to. NOBODY SPEAKS ENGLISH. And I'm talking about the people that work in a place that ONLY DEALS WITH FOREIGNERS!!!!! Yeah, might be nice to speak something other than French since nobody coming to you IS french. Brilliant. Well, finally the policeman comes to make sure Greg lives where he said he did. We find out yesterday that there's more to it than that. He has to make sure our apartment is BIG ENOUGH for 2 people. Wow! If that was important, why didn't you tell us that!!! Yeah, because we already have a stupid lease because you told us we had to have one- and then that STILL wasn't enough, and now you're telling me- AFTER it's too late, that maybe our incredibly small apartment is TOO small and therefore I can't get a stupid visa! I HATE THESE PEOPLE! I HATE THEM!!!! We have done EVERYTHING they have asked, and then they tell us we need to do more and we DO THAT and then it's still not enough. Well, maybe I'll get a visa, maybe not. I am beyond mad. I guess it is what it is and there's nothing more we can do. But these Belgians are STUPID!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow...
That is horribly frustrating and dumb. UGH!!! >:(
It sounds like they don't want you in their country... so if they make you miserable then you'll leave. Either that or they are incredibly stupid, irritating, morons, etc...good luck.
oh I forgot to tell you I loved your blog background!
Man- I'm sorry. That sounds horrid.
Megan, Contact your bishop asap! He should be able to help you or find someone that knows a way thru this mess. I am so very sorry you are having this problem. Take a deep breath, say a little prayer, and don't spend any more time on things you can't change and work on the things you can. Call the bishop Love grandma
Listen to Grandma. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating ALL of that is. I would get so mad.
Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!!! I hope this all gets straitened out before you leave. Mom is probably right. This is crazy!!! I wish I could call you tomorrow, but I will be in Portland, maybe we can hook up on Monday. I love you!!
that is really stupid. I'm so sorry. love you.
Isn't socialism just grand?!?! That really sucks, sorry :(.
Post a Comment