Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ta Da!!!!!


Wow. It happened. I have my visa in my hand. I actually thought this might never happen . . . and it did. I am relieved. This has been a never ending journey and now it's FINALLY over. I left at 6am to drive 3 hours through morning traffic in L.A in a van. I can't believe I made it. My sister had GPS and it saved my life. I wanna get one of those things someday. It just talks to you! It's great! Plenty of warning time AND PICTURES!!! It was just a little miracle giver! Wow, I might've gotten in a wreck, otherwise- driving 75 miles an hour and looking at my printed out directions. Yikes, glad that wasn't the way it was. I was all panicked because they said the process might take up to 2 days but it only took 20 minutes!

I'm at my sister Lizzie's house near Palm Springs and it is 91 DEGREES!!! YIKES!!! I don't enjoy the hot weather. I can't think straight. Sometimes I think, "Man I should lay out and get a tan!" But it is just so much more comfortable inside. I think I can stay inside much longer than the average person. It just doesn't bother me that much. I'm having a lot of fun getting to know the kids. What a different experience being here with them vs the family reunion setting. I've had a lot of one on one time with each of them. They are so fun! It's amazing how little kids have their personalities. They just are who they are- already! Little Kate can talk quite a bit and she just has this cute little personality!!! Tanner is so different around big groups (when I normally see him). It's been so fun talking with him and playing! He's a really sweet boy.

The last 2 night's I've woken up at 3am and not been able to get to sleep (until dinner time). This jet lag thing- you just can't escape it! During the wee hours of the night I've been looking at this fire dancing website that totally remotivates me to practice.

We're making friends!!!! The week before I left we met a young kid-less couple at church and we hung out! It was great! We really had a lot of fun! But they're leaving in 6 weeks back to the U.S. Oh well. And while I was gone Greg was invited over by all the interns at church. They're all our age and single; he had a really good time and they invited him to go rock climbing Wednesday! Greg's been dying to rock climb. So . . . the friend making has finally began to progress. Life is just better with friends! Greg and I love each other, but when the weekend comes around we just want other people to hang out with too!

So all in all, life is very good. I think all my "break downs" have finally come to an end. I think Gregory will be very happy about that. Christmas is coming and we were thinking about going to Morrocco for 7 days and 2 of those days we'd be riding camels and camping in these Arabian-looking tents in the desert! SWEET!!! I hope it happens. Who knows if I'll even have fun, it could be a disaster but I want to anyway! I can just imagine the camel going beserk and just taking off with me into the empty desert and me having to eventually just jump off a 7 foot animal into the sand. Yes, this is the way my mind works. Anyway. Things are swell.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

hahaaaha- wow. The image you put in my mind of you riding off in the sunset on a camels back, screaming and scared...it's just hilarious. I'm sorry. That sounds way awesome though! I hope you guys do it! Thanks for your encouragement on the Etsy thing. I really appreciate it! Sounds like you're doing well and having a great time at Lizzie's! I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am so happy for you and I prayed that your papers would get to you and that everything would really work out and it all worked. Prayers usually help. Loved the post and I hope you get to go and I can't imagine riding on a camel, but I can see one running away with you, just kidding, more like spitting on you or biting you. That is what I have heard more about. I finally posted so check it out. I love you and have a great time with your sister, mom, and those wonderful little ones. I envy you. Love you so much grandma

Megan and Greg said...

Hey good lookin', I'm glad that you are going to be able to stay with me for the next year!! Miss you!
--Greg

Emily said...

It's amazing how much more exciting your life is than mine.

Emily said...

Hey Megs, how long are you going to be there? We're going to Disneyland this weekend. I know it's nowhere near where Lizzie lives, but it's nice to think that I'll be close to you...closer than Belgium at least.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh- I am just imagining you on a camel, and it running off into the dessert- hahahha- hilarious. Well, I'm so glad you have your visa. The stress is over. Sorry about jet-lag- that sucks! Yeah we need to talk- it felt weird to talk to Lizzie when I knew you were right there- well I didn't find out until later in teh conversation- but still. - alright- love you

fiona said...

That's great that you don't hafta worry about the visa anymore!! what a pain all that was...

The Morocco trip sounds awesome! I love camels, I think they're so cute. They remind me of cats, kinda attitude-y. Though they weren't too comfortable to ride when we did it. But it was only an hour or so, I'm sure you'd have a saddle or something to make it more comfy for longer!

I'm glad y'all have been making friends there, that definitely makes things easier!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Gald to hear you finally got your VISA! What a relief. Well, enjoy our short stay with your sister. Neices and Nephews are a blast to hang out with. ENJOY!

Dan said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
for you and pass port.
Uncle D

zachariah said...

Congrats on the visa, finally legal!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

good post!! I am so glad you had time with Lizzie's family by yourself, it is so different than when others even our spouses are here. I love you sooooo much. It was good to see you, be with you at disneyland and at the house. Thanks for making my b-day all the more fun by being there. I hate to say it,but I am sure there will be another breakdown, just not as many or so often. I am glad the friend thing is happening. I love you!!!