There's nothing else to report on. I've decided I need to quit making excuses and put more effort into my calling. I've put it off because it won't be a little effort, it will be cutting out things and gluing them together and taking all sorts of time and brain creativity to help entertain my little 4 year olds. It's just the way it's got to be if they're ever going to pay attention to me. And I don't think it will really be as hard as I was thinking anyway. I like being crafty, so I might like cutting construction paper into flowers or fishes or whatever we're learning about. Our class lessons are so sweet. I'm thankful for my hands. I'm thankful for the day and night. I'm thankful for fish (that's next week). Just really simple things I'd never think of teaching about, but it always relates to something in the bible! I'm always surprised! Next week my class (or me) is charge of Sharing Time. I've never done that before. I'll be teaching in front of other adults. Hopefully all goes well. It's about Obeying Your Parents. Greg was awesome and suggested doing Simon Says for the activity but we'll say "Mommy Says". How applicable! I was so happy because I couldn't think of a game that related to the lesson!
Greg's turned into a chocoholic. I've been one my entire life, I'm not judging. I'm just very surprised. It's taken 3 1/2 years. His sweet intake went up as soon as we got married, but now he craves chocolate everyday. It's bizarre.
I recently finished 3 Cups of Tea. I highly recommend it. Incredible story. Very eye opening and idea opening, if that makes sense. I think every American should read it.
I really wanna go on a trip somewhere, but we can't plan a thing because we don't know when Greg's gonna start his internship and when it's going to end. It's really been frustrating me. I really wanna just get out of here and go to Spain (because it's hot there) and buy a sexy swimsuit and be a beach bum for 7 days. That's all I wanna do, just lay in hot sand and sleep. Oh that sounds wonderful. Every shower I've taken this week I just stand in the hot water forever. I wanna take a bath so bad, but alas, no tub. I just wanna be surrounded by warmth. After saying that, Spring is definitely in the making. I've actually been getting away with just wearing a jacket (and not my coat) here and there. I LOVE IT!!!! It's light outside when I walk to work now which is so nice. I'm more paranoid than the average person and have been scared every morning while walking alone, in the dark, to work. I always think I'm gonna get jumped. So it's great not having to worry anymore. I can't believe we've already been here over 5 months. What the heck! How did that happen! I'm more than half way done with work. It still feels like we're brand new. But whenever I say that I think back to when we really were brand new and how hard it was for me and how things couldn't be more normal. It just took me time to "get over" things that were different. I have just under 4 months left of work! That's gonna fly by! I've been realizing that when I finish in July, Greg will probably still be interning which means!!!! That I'll just be a bum at home! I can't wait! I don't know what it is, but everyday I really just want to sleep in. I know, I know, who doesn't? But I swear, it's different and just strong and persistent. It's not like I wanna be in pajamas all day and watch t.v. I just wanna do things my way. Wake up naturally, cook pancakes- the way a breakfast was meant to be, go for a run, read my scriptures, do the errands, clean, cook. I mean- if a person actually does these things, it does fill up the day. It's just a better day! Anyway, I'm hopeful I'll get to do this for a few weeks if not a couple months. I'm crossin' my fingers.
Greg's going to be finished with classes in 1 1/2 months. That's weird. He'll still have his giant paper to write, but no class. He's very excited. I'm happy for him, but I have a little resentment towards his freedom to sleep in and get to things when he gets to them. But soon enough he'll have to wake up to (and put a suit on) and go to work.
MY MOM'S GOING TO COME VISIT!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited! She's most likely coming in May. Which at first I thought was so far away, but it's in 2 months! That's nothing! I can't wait! It will be so fun!
Well I have really ramble on. I thought I had nothing to say. Hope everyone is doing well!
11 comments:
youtube is just so fun, I agree. Steve and I spend our fair share of time on there too.
It's SO COOL that you're mom is going to visit you! I want you to live there for a long time so that we can come and visit too.
2 monthes will fly by my mom leaves on the red eye tomorrow and I can't wait !! But I remember when she booked it, it seemed so far away!
Hey, it's Heidi (your cousin)...I'm an avid reader of all the blogs and decided I need to start commenting. Anyways, you need to check out
www.sugardoodle.net -- it's a great site that my sis-in-law told me about to help out with the primary lessons, it's got tons of great ideas and it's been a life saver for my crazy 11-12 yr olds every week.
So funny that Heidi beat me to it but I too was going to mention Sugardoodle. Totally a lifesaver when I was in nursery. The key is to keep the lesson part about 10 minutes and keep them busy the rest of the time. Singing songs is a great idea and having an activity that goes with the theme. It is best to do things that keep them moving instead of sitting there trying to listen for 40 minutes.
that is so funny about you tube, I have only watched it when other people post from it. One time I looked up something on it because Amy was here and said to and showed me how. I'm glad Greg gave you that idea! I'm glad you are excited to be at home. I love you!!!
that's awesome mom is going to visit you! I didn't know that! When was this decided, she hasn't mentioned it! How long is she staying?! And why isn't she taking me?! I'm glad you are used to your living situation, and that it is all going by fast. I'm so proud of greg for finishing so fast! that's wonderful. that's funny he is a chocoholic, mike still sticks to his 0-2 cookies. And I hate it. I want him to love my cookies. I think that's why I loved baking things for you guys- because you wuold devour them and love them. Now, i'm the onyl one who eats the cookies. I miss you! I lvoe you
Yeah, I use Sugardoodle, too! I teach the Sunbeams (Rayitos del Sol, "little rays of sun", so cute!) and I love thinking of what little craft will be fun/pertinent for them. Unfortunately, even if I plan it all during the week, I'm usually getting it all ready Sat. night, but whatever! Now I have lots of ideas stored up for future callings, and just life with kids. Very cool.
And I agree, I love the simple, sweet little lessons. Have fun with Sharing Time, you'll do great, of course! Hmmm...any way to work in Fire Dancing? haha!
You are so funny. I love your posts! Youtube is a crazy thing! Great though. I completely know EXACTLY what you're saying about wanting to sleep in and do things as you want. It really does just seem like a WAY better quality of life. I wish I could come visit. It would be so fun. Someday. I love you so much!!!!!
I love you so much and yes it is funny that Greg loves Chocolate so much, but what do you expect living with an Arnold???? All and their grandma cook addicted to chocolate. Funny girl We just cant help ourselves. I know what you mean about being warm I hate the cold and love the summer I have a hard time waiting.
I have to agree, Sugardoodle is AWESOME! No matter what age you are teaching!
I love what you had to say in the last couple of posts. Me and Ralph have been in our ward for almost a year and they haven't even given me a calling yet--not even visiting teaching. So I am kind of jealous, Megan. Anyway, I miss you guys and am kind of bummed that you are staying there longer for the internship. But it's a cool internship. Just wish you lived across town again.
Post a Comment