Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thoughts for Today

I'm so sick of people saying I'm not showing. I AM showing. Do you understand how flat my stomach was before I got pregnant, people? It annoys me. I guess I got irritated when someone today made a comment like I wouldn't ever be showing, or like I barely would be when I deliver. I'm not having the baby yet. I still have more than 5 whole MONTHS of growing before a baby comes out so I'm going to get a lot bigger. I wish people would grab onto this concept.

I have my first ultrasound a week from Thursday. If the baby cooperates, we should find out the sex! I wouldn't be surprised if it was a boy, but Greg and I both have MAJOR girl vibes. They started when I was around 9 weeks pregnant. Just one day, overnight, every time I envisioned holding a baby, feeding a baby, playing with a baby- it was always a girl. And I just couldn't force it out of my head. And it's just been that way ever since. Whenever I look at baby names, I always turn the boy ones into girl versions. I don't even mean to do it, it's just automatic. I didn't know Greg had girl vibes until recently. So we'll see what happens. It will be nice when we find out so we can start buying clothes.

I'm bored. Greg's hiking a mountain today. One of his last hoorahs before the Academy. Poor guy's gonna miss out on the whole summer. I've been watching Kitchen Nightmares and oh how I want a Gordon Ramsay cookbook. I've sworn off buying new books because we still haven't gotten thru all the recipes we already have. But every time I watch one of his shows, I want to eat his food. I want to eat at one of his restaurants and I want to meet him. But you know, what are the odds I could ever afford to eat at his restaurants and yeah I don't think I'll meet him either, so that leaves me with a book and my own hands if I ever want to taste something from his kitchen.

Alright we're gonna get personal. Last night Greg and I were having FHE (we forgot Monday night) and we sang Be Still My Soul. That has got to be one of my favorite hymns. It has brought peace and perspective to my mind many times. Just certain lines- be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side - in every change he faithful will remain- thy God doth undertake to GUIDE THY FUTURE AS HE HAS THE PAST- all now mysterious shall be bright at last- the waves and winds still know His voice. When I'm going thru hard times and I read those lines I instantly recall my own life and how God has always been there. Things that were horrible always turned into miracles. Things I thought would never come, turned out to be more incredible than I ever thought they could be. And it makes me realize I just need to keep holding on, because He'll never let me down. He always takes care of me. This year has been hard, and it feels like I've been waiting way too long, but within months we're gonna have a baby and Greg's going to start an amazing career. And not only will we have a house, but the most beautiful house I could have ever imagined. I can't imagine how I'm gonna feel, a few months from now, when everything I've been dreaming about turned out better than I ever planned for myself. It just reminds me that He truly will "guide my future as He has the past". I just need to keep hanging on. So for all you who are in a rough patch, HANG IN THERE!!!!! It's going to happen!

9 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I know this all too well. And Mike wants to see you guys (as well as me ofcourse) so we are going ot try to figure out a way to get to the becahouse even though we have to watch these stupid dogs. Miek keeps saying "so what days are megan an dgreg going ot be there?" :) love you- and I"m so excited ot find out if it's a girl!!!!!!!!!!! or boy!

Danielle said...

I'm so excited to find out the sex of the baby! That is SO ANNOYING that people are saying that about your baby bump. I know I would get so irritated too. It's like- hello? I'm not like 8 months or anything...CHILL OUT! Maybe you just look like most people look now- you know? Most people have bellies...sad, but true. So maybe they are like- now she looks like a regular person. Who knows. Anyway- good message at the end. It's so hard sometimes to remember that. I love you so much!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Good Post, I loved reading it and that is one of my favorite hymns also and I love the verses. I think you look pregnant and that you look like what your are four months along. It is funny how some people are, they will come up and touch your stomach sometimes, as if it is something that is not your body and make comments. I always hated that. I think because you are tall your pregancy will be more around your body and not stick out so far. That is what I notice about women that are taller. The shorties usually stick out in front more. I am so happy for you to move into your house. I have some things that you might like to have. It will be up to you and I will think about it more. I love you so very much hugs grams

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Ps I will be excited to find out if you are right or wrong and find out it is a boy after all. Although I knew it was a boy when Ed was born and a girl when your mom came.

Emily said...

Oh man I'm so excited about this baby business!

And hey, take it as a compliment if people say you're not showing! Let them think you're still super skinny until that baby REALLY pops out.

Oh man, Steve LOVES Gordon Ramsey. That show grosses me out though and makes me never want to eat anywhere.

Grandma said...

congrats on expecting. I too am excited to hear waht you are going to have. Definately a baby. Can you feel movement yet? I t is so exciting whena you get to feel those first movements. Love Rosemerri

Grandma said...

I forgot to mention that hymn is an awsome one. thank you for sharing. Rosemrri

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Well, it will be interesting to see if it is a girl. I never had vibes. Neither did your dad. I can't wait till you find out!!! Call me!!! I've never heard of Gordon Ramsey. I should watch him and see what he's like. I totally agree with your personal note. I have always gotten more than I expected in life. Heavenly Father loves us sooo much that He always blesses us more than we ever could have dreamed. I have felt that in all areas of my life, family, church and materially. I love you!!!

Tara said...

ha ha I bet people mean it is as a compliment when they say you are not showing. but I totally know how you feel. Once you are pregnant you just want to BE pregnant and for everyone to know it and see it. That's how I felt with my first anyway.

I LOVE that song too. Such a fabulous reminder. Your words about it gave me chills! And I can see just by reading your blog and seeing all that is happening with you that you are getting some serious blessings. YAH!